Cycling: Rediscovering the Adventure
Cycling: Rediscovering the Adventure
Ride safely & with confidence. Enjoy the adventure that cycling can be. Get fit! Get started now, no matter your age or fitness level.
Ride safely & with confidence. Enjoy the adventure that cycling can be. Get fit! Get started now, no matter your age or fitness level. Read more
About this project
Bicycling once was simple and fun
I remember the adventure of my first Western Flyer with coaster brakes. It came with hours of carefree fun!
But in recent years cycling has changed. Riding a bike has gotten complex, competitive, dangerous, intimidating and often expensive. Roads and traffic have devolved into complex and life-threatening environments that demand nerves of steel.
Bicycles have evolved into technological wonders made from exotic materials and high-tech components. These changes have served to intimidate and keep many people away from cycling—perhaps the very people who need it most.
It doesn’t have to be that way
My Kickstarter Project, Cycling: Rediscovering the Adventure, is a book that will mitigate these issues. My project will explore the diverse nature of cycling in the 21st century. It will advocate for safety and illustrate through the stories of real people, young and old, that riding a bike can be simple, safe and filled with enjoyable adventures.
I'm writing Cycling: Rediscovering the Adventure (later, I'll produce a complementary video series) targeted at bike riders, cyclists, commuters and especially those who dream of getting back on the bike. My project will put men, women and children of every description on the right bike, riding safely, and with confidence.
A book for everyday cyclists
With funding from generous supporters like you I can write the book that NEEDS TO BE WRITTEN about bikes, safety and exploration. There are many great books available on pro riders, training regimens and endurance. This, however, is a book for everyday riders who want to have fun, stay fit, ride with confidence and explore our roads, countrysides and rail-trails.
My book will get riders started in the right direction with an understanding of the multitude of bicycle types, rules of the road, safety, and insight into the cycling community. It will put people on bikes who are too intimidated to get out there and ride.
Cycling: Rediscovering the Adventure, will be filled with common sense, encouragement, and knowledge about safe riding and cycling culture. It will also include inspirational stories of real people who have learned to ride mindfully and enjoy the cycling experience. These are folks who have discovered the many adventures inherent in simply riding a bike.
I hope you’ll agree that this is an important project for our times. Please help me with this worthwhile project, and please share this idea and this Kickstarter Page with your family and friends. I think most of us know someone who rides a bike or would like to start!
With Kickstarter funding, I can complete my book without being discouraged, or slowed down, or stopped in my tracks by conventional publishing. The Kickstarter approach to publishing is an exciting alternative that illustrates the power of individual creativity. With your help, Cycling: Rediscovering the Adventure, can be published and delivered to folks interested in the wide world of cycling in months rather than years. And I’m confident that will mean lives saved.
Getting the word out
I believe cycling is good for you. It's revitalizing in so many ways, and it can be enjoyed safely and with confidence. That’s the message I want to share with this book. Here are four ways you can help let others know about this project:
- Email your family and friends asking them to check out this Kickstarter Page or the website: www.cyclingnirvana.com
- Share this Kickstarter Page on your Facebook wall, Twitter, G+, or other social media.
- You may share/repost the information on this page with attribution.
- Please “Like” me on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/CyclingNirvana?ref=hl
Project support funds prudently administered
This is how the funds will be used:
- Production costs for Cycling: Rediscovering the Adventure, a self-published book, including writing, design, illustration, editing, digital conversion and printing.
- Web development and hosting to promote/distribute the book (and subsequent videos), and to keep readers abreast of the Cycling Nirvana educational tools.
- Travel expenses associated with interviewing cyclists.
- To enlist the help of a publicist to maintain the online buzz about the book and nurture the community around it in places like Facebook, blogs, Twitter, G+ and other social media, and to assist with promotional material, festivals, and other outlets.
- Travel expenses for a nationwide 15-city bicycle trip to promote the book.
- To enlist the part-time help of an administrative assistant.
- Delivering all rewards to Project Supporters.
Any additional questions or comments, feel free to contact me at: email@example.com Please put “Kickstarter FAQ” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest and support.
Ride Well. Ride Safe. Ride Strong.
Risks and challenges
The challenge in completing a book project like "Cycling: Rediscovering the Adventure" is managing and organizing the sheer volume of information, data, scheduling, interviews, photos, travel and budget. I’ve worked with hundreds of corporate clients during the past 25-years and helped produce many successful projects large and small. I’m an organized worker-bee. I understand project management. Once I have the many facets of this project under control, the writing of the book becomes much more streamlined and enjoyable.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)