A new life style you will wish to adopt.
The Portable Lap Desk Installation No.1 is designed to provide you with a desk space that's tidy, focused, mobile and versatile. Its compact size means the desk doesn't need legs. Instead it sits on a set of wall mounted brackets. As a user, you have the freedom to install the brackets at any height you prefer, to use it whether sitting or standing.
The desk itself is removable from the brackets, which makes it a lap desk when you want to sit somewhere else in your home or office.
The desk can be stored on the brackets flat against the wall when not in use. It takes very little space therefore it's ideal for today's shrinking living or working environment.
It's not just about work
The size of the desk was carefully designed to be small enough to use on your laps or being carried around and big enough for a wide range of contents to suit your demand.
Attention to detail
It's the little changes that make many products more user friendly, we know that too. On the surface of the desk we have designed a groove to act as smartphone or tablet stand when the desk is being used on the sofa. The groove goes across the width of the desk so whether right or left handed, you will always find a comfortable position.
We have also added a little hole on the surface, so you can use it as cable management.
The desk is constructed from high quality, eco-friendly bamboo, which gives the perfect balance between durability, aesthetics and weight.
Choose your colour
At the moment we are offering two different bamboo finishes for the desk and four colours for the brackets, including the bright green finish exclusively for our Kickstarter backers.
Locally sourced manufacturers
To show our support in local community and economy, all the parts of the product, including packaging, will be produced by factories based in and around Nottinghamshire.
Ready to begin production
Our manufacturing partners are now ready to begin a production run if we can raise enough funds. Every little bit of your support will push us closer to the production stage of the Portable Lap Desk Installation No.1. We have lined up some amazing rewards as our way to thank you.
If our Kickstarter campaign goes well and we see the hope of achieving our goal in mid-February, we will start preparing production runs with our suppliers and manufacturers. Contracts will be signed and materials will be pre-ordered at this time to prevent any possible delay. With that done, we will start production right after we receive the funds. The first batch of products will be finished and packaged through April and shipping will start in early May.
How are we going to spend your money?
Most of the funds raised on Kickstarter will be spent on manufacturing and material costs. Additionally we will also use the funds to pay for logistics, warehousing, packaging, printing and Kickstarter fees.
We can assure you that the pack of beer we drink when we achieve our goal will be paid for by ourselves.
We scratched our heads for some extensive period of time and came up with some meaningful rewards to thank you for your kind support. For a start, we will put the names of all our backers on a dedicated 'thank you' page on Yois design's website. Here is what we have on offer at each grade:
- Pledge £1 or more: Thank you so much for supporting us, we will keep you updated at every stage of our progress.
- Pledge £12 or more: We will send you a little pocket book containing 88 carefully selected photographic stickers. The stickers are measured 22mmX22mm and all photos are taken by the creator during the development of this project. The beautiful photos follow the creator's foot steps to many beautiful places in the UK, many of which had inspired the creator during the making of his designs.
- Pledge £20 or more: You will receive a t-shirt. Our fellow entrepreneurs at Prisma clothing kindly supplied two of their best-selling designs, you can choose one or you can pledge £40 to receive both designs. This is your chance to get truly unique t-shirts while supporting our truly unique project.
- Pledge £60 or more: You will receive a Portable Lap Desk. This is the bamboo bit you will have seen in the photos above without the metal brackets. It works perfectly on its own when you work or relax on a sofa. Shipping for UK backers is included but please add £10 for international shipping.
- Pledge £120 or more: You will be one of the first 50 people to receive a complete set of Portable Lap Desk Installation No.1. Shipping for UK backers are included but please add £25 for international shipping.
- Pledge £135 or more: You will receive a complete set of Portable Lap Desk Installation No.1 in summer 2015. Shipping for UK backers are included but please add £25 for international shipping.
- Pledge £240 or more: We will send you two complete sets of Portable Lap Desk Installation No.1. Shipping for UK backers are included but please add £35 for international shipping.
Designing a product and bringing it to life is never a one-man job. We would like to dedicate this part of our website to thank the lovely individuals and organisations who contributed their time and effort to make this project possible.
Risks and challenges
To avoid possible delays in production or delivering your goods, we will start preparing for production in mid February if our campaign is going well at the half-way point, and start ordering the materials we will need for the first production run. All our manufacturers are locally based which keeps it easy for us to monitoring the production process. We have also established a good relationship with our manufacturers when we made our prototypes and we will always have a back up plan at each stage. We also have contacts with logistic companies to make sure the goods are delivered safe and on time after they leave the warehouse. We will keep you updated during each stage and photos will be sent to you where possible to share our progress with you.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)