About this project
- Minim is the world's first wireless, pocket-sized instrument designed for mobile music making.
- Use Minim with your favorite music creation apps with tactile control that goes beyond the touchscreen.
- Minim's expressive pads, 3D motion control, and touch sensitive technology allow you to play intuitively.
- Play any sounds like drums, guitar, synths, or samples all on one device.
- Minim's long-lasting battery empowers you to sketch out songs on the go.
- Designed with over a decade of experience manufacturing innovative instruments in Austin, TX
Livid has built quality instruments for musicians since 2004. The popularity of smartphones, tablets, and laptops has made creative software more accessible than ever before. We believe that anyone can create music, and we want to make our instruments available to everyone. Minim can control music apps and software with the feel and expression of a real instrument, making it easy and fun for anyone to pick up and play.
- Eight ultra expressive pads, 15 buttons, one touch fader
- RGB LED’s for colorful feedback
- 3D motion control to make music with movement
- Connect wirelessly to iOS and OSX devices
- Long lasting lithium ion battery
- No-slip rubberized bottom surface
- Dimensions (LxWxH) 6.5 x 3.25 x 0.5 inches
Minim is designed symmetrically and can be held or turned any way. Clamp minim to your mic stand, hold it in your hand, or play it on a table top. Minim is the same size as a smartphone and feels like a portable handheld device, making it easy to learn and intuitive to play.
Minim is not limited to built in sounds, but instead controls audio running on your iOS or OS X device. Each control can make thousands of sounds by connecting Minim to the software on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
We are designing the Minim app to make it even easier for people to play Minim right out of the box. Our app seamlessly bridges your favorite apps with Minim's controls, allowing you to customize your layout and play how you want. Follow along with the campaign for updates.
- August - Successfully funded Kickstarter!
- September - Begin tooling production parts
- October - Approve tooling samples
- November - Order FSR's, circuit boards, rubber pads, and plastic
- January - Assemble Minims at our shop here in Austin, TX
- February - Deliver Minims to our backers
- September to November - Finalize development of Minim app
- December to January - Test app integration and functionality
- February - Upload to the app store for free download
Livid Instruments is a small company working to make a big difference. We believe Minim can truly change the way people play music with mobile devices, making it accessible, fun, and intuitive. We invite you to be a part of putting mobile music creation in the hands of everyone. We need your support to offset the upfront cost of manufacturing the Minim, and help us make it affordable for all. Together we can make Minim a reality.
Risks and challenges
With 10 years experience in the industry and building on the success of our Guitar Wing Kickstarter campaign, we see very little risk associated with the successful move from prototype to production with the Minim hardware.
Our challenge is in developing an app that allows Minim to be played and paired with the maximum number of music creation apps. Our software team is working diligently to develop an app that is fun to play as soon as you unbox the Minim and allows you all the flexibility needed to control the numerous apps available for iOS.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)