Little Suite Theatre will be a 40-seat single screen theatre offering Independent, Second Run, Limited Release, and Classic films. This will be a destination for the Independent and Limited Release Film lovers and frequent movie goers.
This theatre offers a smaller, more intimate setting where people with similar interests and ideas can come together to discuss and vote for the films they want to see. We want to be part of the local film community and will feature shorts by local filmmakers as well.
This is what we have so far
- Quotes on Equipment, Insurance, Accountant
- Distribution deals with movie distributors
- Letter of Intent with the Building Owner
Speaking of the building, here is the current layout plan
What we Plan to offer:
- 2nd Run (Wide Release films after week 4)
- Limited Release (less than 600 theaters)
- Classic (20+ years old)
- Local Artists (full feature and shorts)
Lower Cost Tickets
- $9 a Ticket and $7 for Seniors, Military, Public School Teachers, Students
- Matinee are weekdays before 5pm. $7 and $5.
- Popcorn with real butter
- Unique soda options
- Local beer and cider
- Voting on what films play in the future
- Film Festivals for locally produced films
- Podcast about current films and upcoming films, also interviews with movie goers.
Will $8,000 be enough to start and run a business. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. no. That is not the point of this. This is mainly to gauge interest in having an Independent Theatre in this area. If this can raise at least $8,000 this tells me that people really are interested and are willing to pay. Also, this means less we have to pay back to a loan.
Once we get close to our goal then Stretch Goals will be posted. This will mostly consist of things like better seats, better sound system and soundproofing, and anything else that will help you enjoyment. If we raise enough where I don't have to take a loan that means I can have lower ticket and concession prices.
Risks and challenges
Long Term Sustainability:
This will only work if the Theatre can deliver films that people are interested in viewing and customers staying interested in Independent films.
Opening Date and Delivery of Rewards:
This depends on many variables over time. The sooner the better would be best for everyone involved, so we are hoping for Late 2019 or early 2020, but no precise date can be given.
As of now there isn't competition for the types of films we plan to show at this theater. The closest competition is just 90 miles away.
- (32 days)