Fubar – Extended Redux Edition
Its really great that the current version of the short film is getting all its great exposure and received well from audiences and press worldwide, but because of its over whelming current success I feel it is only right for me to get the opportunity to finish and release the film in its original final cut version which was not possible due to the strict personal funds available for me to make the current one. In a sense make the final finished version of Fubar. I guess you could say this is a similar angle with Ridley Scott and his Final Cut version of Blade-runner or Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse now – Redux Edition.
There was so much that could not be shot and animated from the script due to budget and resource constraints which if included would have completed the film especially with some of the characters, plot and story elements that didn't make it and the sequences such as the battle sequence at the start was written and designed to be as epic as possible and really play on the animalistic and territorial behavior of cats and dogs.
The idea is if you like the current short film and want to see the full version as it was originally intended for but due to lack of funds and resources the production had to be cut down to 8 minutes, then please pledge and fund the Extended Redux Edition.
So what is Fubar - Extended Redux Edition ?
- Additional 10 minutes added to the film to complete the original intended story and sequences (for example the battle sequence was way longer and more epic than currently but had to be cut down to fit the 8 mins time of the short film)
- Introduction of a few characters that didn’t make it such as the weapons business men who control the war with the corrupted politicians (they were only mentioned in the news reports in the current version).
- Alternative ending Mastered for Blu-Ray
- Extensive making of / Maxi-movie mode only on Bluray
- Mini- Art-book with renders from the film in full colour pages.
- Several versions of the posters (vertical and horizontal)
- The Full Epic Sound Track CD with tracks written that didn’t make it to the current version.
- Self-distribution with third party channels such as Amazon.
What will the kickstarter funds be used for?
- Paying Deelan the awesome Editor on this (he did the current version for free and worked reallyhard on it!)
- Paying Luis for the amazing audio / score work on this (he did the current version for free and worked really hard on it!)
- Graphic Design Layout work (Produced at Little Red Robot) with their talented designers) on the Bluray, artbook and DVD covers, inlays etc.
- Printing costs, duplication costs of Bluray and DVDs and Artbook
- DVD and Bluray Mastering
- Studio time to shoot the additional shots
- Recording of additional voice over material from original cast.
- Marketing and PR advertising costs
- Distribution setup costs
- Setting up a dedicated core vfx support artists to work on those additional shots with the director (who will be again doing most of the shots himself with support material such as Rotoscoping, paint and cleanup work provided to speed up the production and allow him to focus on creating the visual effects, animation and compositing of the sequences)
Feature your Cat or Dog in the Film as a character when you make Pledge
Just making a donation / pledge doesnt end there in terms of getting involved in supporting this project. Since Kickstarter is all about the community spirit in supporting projects if you have a cat or dog and would like it featured in the film as one of the marines, or additional characters then send over 3 - 5 images in several angles for it to be digitally placed into the animation. We will contact you if its selected to be in the film and of course your cat or dog gets a credit in the film too!
Watch the current version of the short film in HD on Vimeo
The quality on the kickstarter campaign had to be reduced in order to fit the file size limit. So if you would like to watch the HD version on vimeo then you can below, just press the HD button or full screen button.
The Making of Fubar - A Motion Comic Animated Film
If you are interested in the visual effects and animation process of making this film from a technical side of things then feel free to get all VFX tech-ed up with this making of.
There will be a more in-depth making of / Behind the scenes for Fubar - Extended Redux edition with interviews with the director, editor, producers, writers and Music Composer as well as a huge amount of behind the scenes showing the process of shooting to making the film. This will only be available on the Bluray version.
- (30 days)