Lots of progress in the last several weeks:
Cases Cut: the laser cutting has been completed for cases on all Kickstarter orders. I still have to glue them together, but this is pretty quick (~5 minutes per growerbot)
SMT Completed: I've mounted the surface mount components for all PCBs.
See here for a video of the final cases being cut, including a quick shot of the PCBs.
Lots of progress on the software side, too: I've got solid streaming over wifi of soil moisture, humidity, temperature, and light levels every minute via Electric Imp to cosm. I'll publish to a github repository after a bit more progress.
The most important lesson I've learned from growerbot's kickstarter thus far is that things take *way* longer than you'd think when you up the quantity. From sourcing parts to soldering PCBs, doing 100 is not just 100 times as time-consuming: it's a large quantity of parts to even physically move around, let alone get carefully mounted at <mm precision.
Thanks again for your continued patience. Expect your backer survey within the next 2 weeks and all growerbots delivered well before the end of the year.