Protect the small jewelry you love when you're on the go and can't wear it!
The Lion Latch Jewelry Tote was designed to be a quick solution to protect the rings and small jewelry you love, when you can't always wear them. If you'e ever taken off your ring, a necklace or earrings while you were busy on the go, you're going to love the Lion Latch Jewelry Tote!
WHAT IS THE LION LATCH?
The Lion Latch Jewelry Tote is a patent pending jewelry retention device made of durable ABS plastic. The base of the Jewelry Tote has stem that protrudes outwardly from the base of the device. The closure lid has a hole in it that receives the stem of the base. Once the closure lid covers the retention base, a locking device such as a carabiner will then latch through the hole at the top of the stem, preventing the lid from coming off and keeping your small jewelry safe inside.
My name is Lerin Lockwood and I am a high school art teacher and multi-sport coach. I use my hands A LOT and because I’m so active, I have several occasions each day where I have to take off my jewelry including my wedding rings.
When I was coaching softball, I caught a ball from our center fielder and felt a sting in my ring finger. I removed my hand from my glove and the ball had flattened my engagement ring into my finger and even worse... it knocked out a stone and I couldn’t find it. Not only did I have to call my husband and tell him the bad news, we also had to pay to replace the stone and repair the ring. We never wanted to have that feeling again, so I began looking for places to store my ring when I shouldn't wear it.
I couldn't find any solutions that were protective, convenient and consistent, that would keep my rings from being damaged or lost, and could still give me peace of mind while my focus needed to be elsewhere. So, I decided to do something myself, and I developed the Lion Latch Jewelry Tote.
THE RISKS OF WEARING YOUR JEWELRY WHEN BEING ACTIVE:
• Weights will scratch your rings, especially if they are made of a malleable material.
• Rings can be uncomfortable or can effect your grip if you’re lifting a heavy bar.
• Gloves can pull the prongs and loosen your stones.
• In sports, your rings can bend causing damage to the ring itself and stones can fall out.
• Rings can fall off your finger due to sweat or water if swimming.
• Athletes can not wear jewelry in competition for safety prevention including rings, necklaces, anklets and ear rings.
• If your fingers swell your rings may cause discomfort.
• Gardening or on the beach the sand and dirt can damage your ring.
• Job related safety.
• Health regulations.
THE BENEFITS OF HAVING A LION LATCH:
• Won’t come unscrewed, unzipped, break or fall off if used properly.
• Can be latched on to your keys, backback/gym bag zipper, lanyard.
• Holds more than one ring.
• Holds multiple types of rings: college ring, championship ring and wedding ring.
• Holds more than just your rings: small necklaces, ear rings and anklets.
• Creates a good habit.
• Gives you peace of mind not having to think about their safety as you go about your day.
A FEW IDEAS OF PEOPLE THAT WOULD ENJOY HAVING A LION LATCH JEWELRY TOTE
• Outdoors Enthusiasts
• Expecting Mothers
• Sororities & Fraternities
• College Graduates
• Construction Professionals
• Spa Professionals
• Food Professionals
• Health Professionals
• Gardening Enthusiasts
• Weight & Excercise Enthusiasts
• Yoga and Pilates Enthusiasts
Be one of the first people on the planet to own a Lion Latch Jewelry Tote! We've been gaining and surveying supporters online for the past 3 months. Our favorite feedback so far has been what colors our first batches of Lion Latches should be.
The votes are in!
When we receive funding, we will email you a survey asking what color you want your Lion Latch to be!
After meeting with several manufacturer's, we decided to work with one in Texas! That's right- the Lion Latch will be manufactured in the USA!
During our Kickstarter campaign in October, we should have our sample refined and ready for pre-production. With your help, we hope to have all Lion Latches made and shipped to you in time for holiday stocking stuffers!
Why we need your help:
Our goal is to offer the first ever batch of Lion Latches to Kickstarter Backers at a low cost, that will still cover the cost of injection molding tooling.
Also, we need your help spreading the word about Lion Latch and help others prevent small jewelry loss. Please like our facebook page for updates and invite your friends to Latch onto the small jewelry they love with a Lion Latch Jewelry Tote.
Risks and challenges
Production: Our manufacturer has over three decades of service in the injection molding industry. Production delays are unlikely but always possible with a new product such as the Lion Latch. However, they have been aware of our timeline plans and understand the critical requirements of our product and guarantee customer satisfaction.
Shipping: After researching several shipping options and surveying many start-up companies in the area, we have finalized our decision for shipping and don't expect any issues.
If we experience delays, we will communicate openly and honestly about the process in a timely manner to the backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)