Arca Ludum: Escape Room Board Game
A 90-120 min Escape Room Board Game where 2-6 players solve puzzles, crack codes & find hidden clues.
Arca Ludum: Escape Room Board Game
A 90-120 min Escape Room Board Game where 2-6 players solve puzzles, crack codes & find hidden clues.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Mon, June 10 2019 4:00 PM UTC +00:00.
Arca Ludum offers an opportunity of visiting hidden worlds of talented and imaginative designers to the enthusiasts of the escape games which are very popular around the world.
- Arca Ludum is an escape room board game.
- It is playable between 90-120 minutes with 2-6 people.
- This easy-to-install game can be purchased in standard board game sizes.
- It is an escape game that can be played anywhere you open the box.
- Thanks to its easy-to-lock system, cabinets and drawers can be used as game objects.
- Choose your role! Player, gamemaster or why not both!
- Make the most fun of your time not only while playing, but also gamemastering.
- Solving puzzles that require both physical ability and intelligence will be more fun with your friends.
How was Arca Ludum born?
Is there anyone who doesn't hear room escape games? Let's start with a short briefing for you. Room escape games have grown rapidly all over the world. What excited people the most, these games were played in real places and the games have real stories. You will not be a virtual character of a virtual world. You will be the hero in the story. You will complete the stages by solving the puzzles prepared for you. You have to pass through the locks or passages that you encounter, using your mind or your personal skills. We think we've managed to get some attention from those who don't know about these games.
You must produce an antidote with your own hands so that a virus produced by a sociopath does not spread to the world. You have to play all the cards in your hand to save the last victim from the horrific serial killer and bring the killer to justice. Now, let's make it a little harder. You have only 90 minutes!
When was the last time you played a game where you used both your mind and your skills, besides where you feel like a hero of a film? You will have fun and you will get stressed. And you stand back to back with your friends to accomplish all this.
We don't tell you any more because we don’t want to give a spoiler. We can say final words for this project. Arca Ludum is an extraordinary project of two game producers who have been in the escape room business since 2014 and produced 20 different games. After that, we will leave all the surprises you will experience after opening the box. We think it's fair enough!
You can download the Press Kit of Arca Ludum via the link below.
- You should use a timer and set it to 90 minutes before you start the game. For this, you can use a phone, computer or an hourglass. The choice is up to you. As the time decreases, the pressure on you will increase. Develop your own methods for this. You can make motivational conversations with each other, use a stress ball or a massage tool. But they're not coming out of the box.
- After 90 minutes, the game is over. If you do not have the antidote when the time is up or you have not found who the killer is, you will lose. Nevertheless, do not hesitate to ask for additional time.
- Do not eat or drink objects that come out of the box. If you succeed, you deserve a good meal as a team. Don't worry if you fail. You can wait silently for a virus to destroy the world, or pray that it will not pick you as the new victim of the copycat killer in your city.
- Only one person that you choose in your team should manage the experiment stage in Antidote game. In Jack the Ripper game, give the suspect list to a person to check every step of the game.
- You don't need to do anything to use physical force in the game. You don't need to cut, punch, or generally destroy anything to complete goal. To play the game again with another team, be polite to the game objects. Get help from your creative ideas. Only try and try to accomplish. Keep in mind that everything has a rational explanation and that is important that only your intelligence and teamwork. You'll need unique and different perspectives to solve the puzzles. If you think you'll see a simple crossword, you're wrong. If you're feeling really unbearable, a cold shower might be good. But your time will be running. Tick Tock. Tick Tock...
- If you have no idea about the password, it would get too much time for you to try all the combinations and the quality of entertainment also decreases. To give you a hint, your lieutenant will be online for you all over the game. Therefore, do not forget to have a device with internet connection at the beginning of the game. The clues as to the confidentiality of the cases are also only to steer you. Don't think you'll get a clear answer. A different point of view will be good when it confused.
- Puzzles are interconnected and related to the story. The puzzles you solve are replaced by new puzzles. Any information you've seen before, but you haven't used, may be useful again. Sometimes, there will be times when you have to think complex and sometimes simple. Therefore, whatever you think for solution, share it with your teammates. Team spirit and working together are very important. A simple intervention by one of you in a part of the game may make this person the star of the team. Don't forget to thank this person for this touch.
- For each game only one Game Master is a must.
- The Game Master will receive the instructions clearly when the box will be opened. For this reason, the GM should read all instructions written without opening little boxes and envelopes.
- The task of the Game Master is placing the game materials and puzzles in the right flow.
- Locked objects containing puzzles must be locked correctly with combination locks.
- The Game Master should read the story texts to the players during the game.
- Also, Game Master is responsible to clock.
You can also download the Game Master Guide for both of the games via the link below.
You can find more details in our 5th update:
You can play Arca Ludum games anywhere you want. You just don't have to play on a table. With the easy to lock system, you can place the game components to different rooms of your home or office.
- You will be greeted with original and story related puzzles. Antidote and Jack the Ripper will force you to think from different perspectives. You will feel like a part of the story.
- In addition to the materials inside the boxes and envelopes, you can find yourself on stalking web pages or hacking a bank account. The games are full of surprises.
- We produce all the game materials in the best quality for you. You can play many times and add to your collection on the first day condition.
- Once the escape game is over, you will have mini strategy games (Can U Escape and Also the Game) that are part of the main games (Antidote and Jack the Ripper) and you can play again and again them. We call this "Gameception".
You can find more details in our 3rd update:
You can find more details in our 6th update:
With €149 pledge level you can have two main games and a decoration kit. You do not pay the shipping fee when you pledge €149.
The decoration kit includes:
- Horror Mask
- Crime Scene Kit
- Experiment Kit
- Blood Dye Bottle
- Fake Knife
- Experiment Clothes (Gloves, Glasses, Clothing)
Play Where You Want
You don't have to leave your home or office to play the escape game. You may not have time for this, or making a reservation can be exhausting.
The Star of the Parties
You can invite your friends to a party in your home and put the escape game at the center of your party. Store your snacks and drinks before you start the game and open the box. You will never get tired because it is easy to install. You can turn the rooms into an escape game with the decors you want.
Family Game Night
You can make a family game night with your children. It will be a game where you will have fun and mental activity for your children and you.
Today, real life escape games can be costly. Instead of this cost, you can have a quality game that you can play up to 6 people. If you want, you can give it to a friend after playing it. It will be quite a different and exciting gift.
For collectors, it features unique content in boxes with unique designs.
The games will reach you in November. You can make Christmast surprise for your loved ones.
You can think of real escape games as a movie. To watch this film again, of course, some time must pass. So we kept some surprises in the games. We call that Gameception. In fact, you will not only have an escape game. There are mini games you can play continuously in Antidote and Jack the Ripper.
The easy to lock system inside the boxes can also be used when you get our different game scenarios in the future. You won't have to get again these mechanisms for our new games. You will also be able to use these mechanisms to play PnP games that we plan to publish more often.
In the next story, you can destroy a bomb or prevent an alien invasion. These is also a surprise! Keep this secret between us.
Our favorite part is definitely this place. When it first came the idea of a game in a game, we were very excited. A game in a section within the main game, both connected to the story and the ability to play again and again independent of Antidote and Jack the Ripper. So how?
Morgan Handerson, a sociopathic doctor in Antidote, is an Alzheimer. In order to stop the virus he created, he encrypts each step to be followed in order to remember it. In one of these games there is an unlimited entertainment. Can U Escape!
The copycat killer, Jack the Ripper, owes his father to his psychological state. How about challenging him in this game that he was playing his father when he was a child? Once you've decrypted his identity, you'll have a game that you can play with your friends again and again. Also The Game!
You can find more details in our 7th update:
The game is played in two teams and takes 30 minutes between 2-6 people. One of the teams reaches the bank to steal the money and try to reach the airport. The other tries to stop them before they run away. It is played in order by throwing dice. In order to have certain features within the region, it is necessary to make your own strategy.
Also the Game is a turn-based strategy game similar to checkers (draughts). The difference in the game is that it can be played between 2-6 people and there are different rules of certain regions on the board.
Here is a surprise puzzle for you.
Your grandfather's death made you very sad. You will remember him as a person who loves his smiling face and weird puzzles. And of course, with his devotion to symmetry. He told you one day how enormous symmetry is in everything. Do you remember?
Your grandmother called you to collect his room after he died. Old memories with him came to your mind while collecting his stuff. At that time, symmetrical pictures standing on the wall attracted your attention. When you remove the pictures, there are new images with symbols, numbers and letters on the back. You've never seen them before.
First of all, you didn't make any sense. Then you saw the secret wooden chest under the desk. Then you saw the “CODE” text on the chest. You made a few attempts. but you couldn't find the code. There must be something for you in the chest. Something important. But how do you open it?
Enter the code via the link below. There is a surprise for you.
Don't think it's over after Antidote and Jack the Ripper adventures. We have other stories waiting for you on the shelves. If we exceed the goals we have targeted for the project, you can be a part of these stories also. We would like to give you a few tips about these stories.
You can look our previous works via the links below.
You can look our previous works in the media via the link below.
Rewards shipping to addresses within the EU and the US will be shipped from within those countries.
International shipments will be subject to customs charges depending on the country to which you are shipping. Legally, we cannot label the game as a gift.
Social Media Accounts
You can subscribe our social media accounts via the links below:
Risks and challenges
We are in the real life room escape game industry since 2014. During this period, we have made 20 different game designs throughout the country as a team. These games have been played by more than 20,000 people and have won many awards in our country. We wanted to appraise all these experiences globally and we want to tell the stories we have created to the world. The idea of Arca Ludum was born at this point. We wanted our work to be extraordinary. We have been researching and updating our games since the middle of 2018. Our biggest risk is to transfer all our energy and capital to Arca Ludum by canceling our activities on real-life room escape game companies.
We have worked hard to improve our team and to add interactive elements to our games. We have repeatedly produced new prototypes to find the best materials to use in the games. We have worked in an organized way to avoid any disruption in various subjects such as scenario writing, puzzle design, visual design, progressive prototype production, blind-tests, planning of production, storage, logistics, customer services, and control of technical failure processes. We take care to choose the right partners.
The room escape enthusiasts know it well. The most important element for a perfect escape game is the puzzles. These puzzles should be both enjoyable and extraordinary. We have carefully selected the puzzles in all of our games from a large puzzle pool. Puzzles and gameplay are a whole. To ensure this integrity, we have updated several times for each of our stories.
Considering all these factors, we believe the success of our games. We've spent quite a lot of effort to place re-playable mini-games in each game. Apart from all these, we have experienced that preparing the game completely is not enough for the global market. We talked to a lot of alternative logistic service providers about how to get our game to the game lovers. In order to keep both the cost of the game and the cost of cargo at the optimum level, we talked to many services in different regions on the world.
We agreed with an investor who would provide the necessary budget for materials, graphic designs, advertising expenses, game development expenses. Thus, we have taken huge steps to make Arca Ludum, which will produce new and unique projects in the future, as a successful brand in this field.
We have no doubt that you will love the games very much because we love creating these games. We're sure you'll notice this when you're playing our games.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter