About this project
- The Turntable Station is constructed of MDF: a hard, dense wood fiber material. MDF is the same material used in most audiophile turntable bodies for its durability and vibration-dampening characteristics.
- The Turntable Station utilizes a combination of interlocking parts and minimal hardware to create a rigid, sturdy frame. No flimsy connections here.
- All corners feature a rounded finish, and additionally, all edges feature a 1/18" radius edge trim for a refined look and feel. All surfaces are smooth to touch.
- We didn't want laminated or veneered. We purposely chose this material for its neutral matte look that is capable of developing its own patina. The material has many unique characteristics including a subtle speckled / marl look when you look closely. To learn more about the material characteristics, please read the appendix further down the page.
- TURNTABLE SHELF: Fits most turntable models from larger models like the Technics 1200 to mid-sized models like the Pro-Ject Debut series to entry level turntables like the Audio-Technica ATLP60.
- ACCESSORIES SHELF: Ample room for pre-amp, compact amplifiers, and vinyl accessories.
- (2) RECORD SHELVES: each shelf holds up to 100 records.
- FOR LARGER AMPLIFIERS: the middle shelf can also accommodate larger amplifiers with plenty of headroom to keep your amp cool.
Have you ever owned a turntable stand that you really loved? (We haven't.)
That's why we created Line Phono. We've operated one of the most respected music stores since 1999 (TurntableLab.com) . During that time, we've sold over 20,000+ turntables. We've built our business on our reviews and recommendations; however, we've never been able to recommend a proper console for your turntable.￼￼
We started the process over a year ago. Working closely with a renowned architectural firm, we built our dream turntable console with these core concepts:
- The Turntable Station will ship unassembled, assembly is required.
- The Turntable Station will be shipped in a wooden crate.
- For this Kickstarter campaign, we are only offering shipping to the US. Shipping to the contiguous US is $30 per unit (there will be a TBD surcharge for Alaska and Hawaii).
- For more information, please read our FAQ.
- COMMUNITY ($1): Follow our project with updates and announcements.
- COMMUNITY DELUXE ($15): Follow our project and get a (1) reversible Line Phono record mat and (1) sticker.
- EARLY BIRD BACKER ($329): Get a Station in either Carbon or Natural at a special early bird price. The first (30) backers will get an additional $30 discount on the already discounted Kickstarter price. (Kickstater price: $349, regular retail will be $399). You will also be the first to receive your stand.
- BACKER ($349): Get a Station in either Carbon or Natural at $50 off the retail price ($399).
- Shipping for each Turntable Station is $30 to the contiguous US. There will be a TBD surcharge for shipping to Hawaii and Alaska.
The material we chose to use (MDF) is a very durable material that does not need to be painted or coated. We purposely chose this material for both its physical properties and its unique matte look. Look closely and each Turntable Station will have a unique speckled pattern and color variations. We did not want the Turntable Station to look like your typcial mass produced, laminated unit. We also liked the idea that your Turntable Station will develop a unique patina. The MDF material will take on oils from your hands and show signs of usage over time.
In summation, things you should know about MDF:
- When you look closely at MDF you'll see speckling and color variation.
- MDF is NOT laminated or coated. It will react to both abrasions and oils in your hands.
- During the manufacturing process, MDF can develop light marks.
- The Carbon colorway is more sensitive than the Natural.
If you want to finish the material yourself, it's very easy:
- We've tested several products and the best is Miniwax's Wipe-On Poly.
- Just take a wiping cloth (or a clean cotton rag) and rub the surfaces of the Turntable Station. Each level should take you 10 minutes.
- The finish more effective on surfaces than the edges.
Risks and challenges
Since we have finished the prototyping phase with our selected manufacturer, the risk is very low. However, there are risks to the manufacturing schedule which can be influenced by the availability of our manufacturer or higher-than-expected demand.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
measurements can be found here:
We will launch international shipping either in december 2015 or early 2016.
To be informed of international shipping, please sign up for our newsletter here:
Yes, all backers will get choice of color. We'll contact you directly to get your color choice.
Yes, we plan to expand the line to include a model for straight record storage. These units will feature design and proportions that compliment the Turntable Station. However, we don't expect to introduce this model until late 2016 - early 2017.
Support this project
- (34 days)