AHHHH!!! Thank you to everyone who has given. You guys are the best! Now that we've reached our our initial goal of $18,000 anything beyond that will go towards our stretch goals.
$22,000 Stretch Goal - Promotion
If we reach $22,000 then we'll be able to hire the right people to push the album into a wider market. This will help get it covered, featured and reviewed on blogs, the radio and everywhere else!
Almost four years ago my husband and I loaded up our U-haul along with some pretty big dreams and headed straight for NYC. I had always wanted to pursue my passion for music but had no idea what that looked like or even where to begin. Fast forward a few years and when I look back at where I was and where I am now, I can't help but crack a smile and shed a tear. The last four years have been essential to my story. This is a story I have been learning to tell moment by moment and melody melody. A story of love, loss and leaving.
These are stories I was able to capture on my EP titled "Long Gone". The three songs on the EP are just a small taste of my work in New York. There are more, so many more, songs that I'm anxious to share with you but I need your help to do it.
We have written a full length album and I need to raise $18,000 to pay for all of the costs associated with this process. This is where you come in. I'd love for you to join me on this journey and help me finish telling just a small part of my story.
Why do you need $18,000?
Well, making an album isn't cheap. My husband and I have poured a lot of our own money into making the EP by completely funding it ourselves (no easy task while living in New York). We're thankful and blessed that we were able to do that, but we can't afford completing the full length album on our own. We have all of the songs ready to go and we want to do them justice, which means we have to pay for the following things:
- Producer: For my EP, I had the incredible privilege of working with Brian T. Murphy, a brilliant and highly recommended producer based in Brooklyn. Brian really helped shape and bring to life the three songs on the EP and I can only tell you that you will be thrilled with the vision we have for the full length album.
- Musicians: The musicians that played on my EP are some of the most fiercely talented guys I've ever had the opportunity to work with. They've toured and recorded with some of my favorite bands and musicians, including The Lone Bellow, Brandi Carlile, Sufjan Stevens and many others, so I'm extremely grateful to have them on my team. They took the three EP songs to a whole new level and were willing to dive head first into the project along with us. We would absolutely love to hire them back along with some additional musicians and talent that will help to bring a new depth to the full length album.
- Mixing: We brought in an incredible mixing engineer in Jeremy Griffith to work on the EP. Jeremy has worked with some really great artists (Johnny Swim, John Mark McMillan) and it's no wonder they all keep coming back to him for their next projects. I'd love to do the same.
- Mastering: Mastering is a big part of why tracks sound great regardless or where you're hearing them (iTunes, Spotify, the radio) or what you're listening to them through (laptop speakers, white earbuds, or your car speakers). The EP was mastered and we'll of course need to get the album mastered as well.
- Artwork/Design: My extremely talented friend Stephen Brayda was the art director on the EP and beautifully captured the essence of the hard work and love that has been poured into every song. He'll be designing the t-shirt for the Kickstarter reward as well as helping us continue to tell the story as it evolves into the full length album.
- Miscellaneous Costs: Sometimes you need to buy dinner for the band, get a taxi for the drummer and his gear, or rent a unique mic to capture the perfect sound.
- Kickstarter Rewards: While I wish I could give everything away for free, it unfortunately costs to fulfill a lot of these rewards.
- Kickstarter Fees: Kickstarter is great, but it's a business that needs to be funded as well, so they take a 8%-10% cut from all pledges.
Listen to the title track from my EP Long Gone:
Track #3 - Long Gone (feat. Brian Elmquist of The Lone Bellow)
Here are some songs that might make it on the album:
Risks and challenges
Our goal is to start recording once we've raised all of the money needed and have it released by November. However, we're also working with a lot of different schedules and anything can happen. We promise to keep an open communication with all of the backers throughout the project and will share regular updates on the albums progress.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)