What a month!
It's hard to believe it was only one month ago that the LIFX project launched to the world and we were promptly told "yes, go create the next generation of lighting". There's already an amazing energy and buzz to the office space and it's a real pleasure just to be all working out of the same room now.
Here's what's been happening:
(in no particular order)
• Got a bunch of press
• diving deeper with potential production partners
• Marc Alexander from Freetronics came onboard to oversee all things production (amazing experience to tap)
• moved the team into a temporary office space
◦ the team now consists of six full time and three part time staff
• close to closing a round of external investment
• Phil and Andy speaking at LeWeb in December
• received distribution proposals from a bunch of retailers from around the world (including some big names)
• progressing the LED arrangement and thermal management side of things [really happy how this is going]
• decided to manufacture control boards separately. Have a supplier in place.
• stepping up discussions with LED bulb manufacturing partners
• exploring some modular component designs (more hackable, less e-waste)
• ongoing firmware development
• hiring to build out a web control gateway
• collecting pre registrations for post Kickstarter production run on lifx.co (up to 9,000 bulbs per day!)
We feel incredibly fortunate to be able to work on something we're so passionate about. Thanks again for making this happen.