About this project
Thank you for checking out my Kickstarter campaign! I have finished recording my third full length solo album, Tennessee Colony, and together, we can get it out there to more folks.
Please watch the video above and read on!
About the Album:
The songs on this album are inspired by my family and the stories I heard from my grandparents when I was growing up. It's called Tennessee Colony, which is the name of the very small town in East Texas where my mom's side of the family settled in the 1830's. These songs mean a lot to me, and I can't wait to share them with all of you.
The album has been recorded, mixed, and mastered, and everything sounds fantastic! I'm working with producer Jack Saunders at White Cat Studios, and he has helped me assemble an outstanding team of musicians, including Susan Gibson (writer of Wide Open Spaces), Matt Slusher & Trevor Smith (from Wood and Wire), Eleanor Whitmore (The Mastersons, Steve Earle), Rick Richards (Ray Wylie Hubbard, Joe Walsh), Allen Huff (Roger Creager), Riley Osbourn (The Lost Gonzo Band), and the legendary Lloyd Maines. I'm also blessed to have incredible performances on the album from members of my musical family: Lainey Balagia, Debbie Byrd, Brant Croucher, Joe Devadanam, Sarah Golden, Brian Kalinec, and Rankin Peters.
Why I'm on Kickstarter:
Once an album has been recorded, that's when the work of "getting it out there" begins, and it's expensive to do it right.
The money I'm raising on this campaign will be used for my post-production costs for the record, including pressing the album on vinyl, making a professional music video to reach fans on YouTube, manufacturing new merch, and maximizing promotion of the album through radio, print ads, and other publicity.
I truly feel like this is my best work so far. Accordingly, I want to give the record its best shot by getting a team of professionals on board to expand the number of people who hear it.
Here's the Preliminary Promo Budget - please see the video for more info, and feel free to ask me any questions about where the money will go:
- Radio Promoter: $3,000
- Vinyl Manufacturing: $2,000
- Print Ads in Texas & Americana Music Magazines: $1,800
- Professional Music Video: $1,200
- European Promotion Budget: $1,000
- T-Shirt and Koozie Manufacturing: $1,300
- Shipping Costs: $500
- Kickstarter’s Take: $600
- Amazon Credit Card Fees: $600
How You Can Join the Team:
So far the Tennessee Colony team has consisted of myself, the incredible musicians who have helped me make this record, and the fine folks at Berkalin. As you read this, I'm working on putting together a lineup of pros and collaborators that will join the team to promote Tennessee Colony. And I'd love for you to join us too.
To your right, there are pledge packages for all budgets, where you can get some cool stuff in return for your support. No pledge is too small, it all adds up! If you'd like to customize a pledge level by (1) adding additional items, (2) buying multiple items, (3) combining more than one pledge level, or (4) something else entirely, please send me a message and we will make it happen.
You will see in the pledge packages that I refer to "Choice Merch Items." That means that you can mix and match these merch items as you like!
CHOICE MERCH ITEMS:
- 2 autographed CD's
- "Life, Libby and the Pursuit of Happiness" t-shirt (design coming soon)
- "With Libby and Justice for All" t-shirt (design coming soon)
- Tennessee Colony on vinyl (autographed)
- Tennessee Colony poster print (hand pressed by Hatch Show Print in Nashville, numbered and signed by me - design coming soon)
- Package of all 3 of my previous CD releases (Redemption, The Shadow of This Town, and The Grievous Angels)
- 6 pack of Libby Koch koozies
Thanks so much for taking the time to read through all of this, and I hope you'll consider pledging on this campaign. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I am so thankful for all of your support!
Much love, Libby
Risks and challenges
The album is already complete, so there isn't any risk there, but the music business is always challenging! Some of my challenges will include:
1. Selecting a cost-efficient and quality-focused vinyl manufacturer
2. Selecting a creative professional to partner with me on the music video
3. Selecting the right radio promoter who will be an advocate for me and my music
4. Creating and manufacturing cool but cost-conscious t-shirts and koozies
5. Getting the most bang for my buck with all budget items
6. Finding meaningful and creative promotional opportunities
Support this project
- (29 days)