Trivek by Hiele - A new concept in tricycles
Trivek by Hiele - A new concept in tricycles
A modern interpretation of the tricycle. We combined the best of bicycles & tricycles to produce the completely unique Trivek
A modern interpretation of the tricycle. We combined the best of bicycles & tricycles to produce the completely unique Trivek Read more
The TRIVEK offers a ride like no other. It's a combination of the best elements from both bicycles and tricycles. It's the first semi-recumbent delta tricycle to feature lean steering. Its been engineered from the ground up to offer unparalleled manoeuvrability, comfort and safety. Something truly unique.
Our Unique Tricycle
- Safety from the Start - A common issue we found with recumbent tricycles was visibility. You're either too low to the ground or too high up to be stable. With the semi-recumbent seat, your head is above the traffic without sacrificing stability and back support.
- A Fresh Look at Stability - We set out to create a tricycle that was not only comfortable to ride but amazing fun. The Trivek's patented steering system was created with this as a goal and the result is remarkable. Even on cambered roads the Trivek will keep you upright and in full control.
- A Dual Lean-steering Semi-recumbent - The Trivek is a front wheel drive semi-recumbent built with a dual lean-steering mechanism. This allows you to take corners like bicycle would while giving you the stability of a tricycle. Yes, that means the Trivek can be steered without any hands. However, we don't recommend it!
- Dual Polymer Steering Pivots - To make our dream a reality we utilised dual polymer pivots. The formula of these elastic pivots was carefully chosen for durability and manoeuvrability. With these you can enjoy the free flowing movement of the Trivek's steering system.
- Custom dampers for adjustable manoeuvrability - Custom built dampers included as standard on the Trivek. Featuring hand controls, the dampers allow you to adjust the steering sensitivity on the fly. Making the Trivek great for both inner-city traffic and long rides.
- Built with Portability in Mind - Made of light-weight Aluminium, the frame of the Trivek was designed with portability baked in. The frame has the correct spacing for most car bicycle racks. If you want to carry it in the trunk, the wheels feature a quick-release pin and the seat back is removable.
We've been searching for the perfect tricycle to suit our needs. We weren't satisfied with the safety, stability and comfort of the trikes we tried. Then 3 years ago we decided to do something about it! What we created was new steering system that addressed all our concerns about other trikes. Cambered roads, visibility, manoeuvrability, easy dismount, compact wheelbase, portability, performance, and gearing were all accounted for. We refined it for the last two year and once we were absolutely happy with our design we built our production prototype.
This is where you come in; all pledgers will be apart of this amazing project.
- Full powder coated aluminium frame
- Two Polymer Lean Steering Pivots
- Durable Shimano 8-speed hub (Rohloff configuration pictured above)
- Dual 160mm hydraulic disk brakes
- Alex Rims with Schwarble tires
- Dual quick-release pins for easy wheel removal
- Custom designed dampers for adjustable steering
- Ergonomic seat position for rider comfort
- Adjustable seat for any rider height
- Custom mounting options, available post-production
$5 AUD | Helping Hand - Pledgers will have a special place on our website as a founding backer.
$25 AUD | Trivek Shirt - Pledgers will receive a special place on our website AND a custom TRIVEK T-shirt.
$60 AUD | Trivek Shirt & Bottle - Pledgers will receive a special place on our website, a T-shirt AND a custom TRIVEK water bottle.
$250 AUD | Founding Partner - Pledgers will get their name featured on the TRIVEK product page as a Founding Partner, and a custom TRIVEK water bottle and a special place on our website.
$600 AUD | Limited Edition Print - Pledgers will receive a limited edition print of the TRIVEK signed by the team. They will also receive a custom TRIVEK water bottle and a special place on our website.
$2,399 AUD | EARLY BIRD SPECIAL - $1,899 USD / $1,699 EUR - Pledgers will get a their very own TRIVEK tricycle at special Kickstarter prices. They will also receive a custom TRIVEK water bottle and a special place on our website.
$3,299 AUD | Standard Package - $2,599 USD / $2,299 EUR - Pledgers will get a their very own TRIVEK tricycle. They will also receive a custom TRIVEK water bottle and a special place on our website.
$4,999 AUD | Ultimate Rohloff Special - $3,999 USD / $3,499 EUR - Pledgers will get a their very own TRIVEK tricycle fitted with the 14 Speed Rohloff Speedhub. The ultimate touring trike! They will also receive a custom TRIVEK water bottle and a special place on our website.
We are excited you can share in our passion for the Trivek. We believe we've created something truly exceptional for the cycling community. We love it if you helped spread the word and share with your friends. Thank you!
Risks and challenges
We already have factory samples that ride exceptionally. As we've selected our supplier and have good working relationships we believe the risks are low. As with all overseas trade, unforeseen complications can always pop up.
We will have a representative personally visiting the factory during the production to ensure every Trivek tricycle is up to our standards, and that we will deliver on time. We will keep our backers posted every step throughout the production process.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)