BattleCON is a head-to-head battle card game that simulates the action and tactics of a one-on-one duel. Each player chooses one fighter from among a vast, diverse cast, and does battle against an opponent's fighter.
Each fighter has their own selection of cards which are unique to them, as well as a pool of cards which are shared among all fighters. By linking their unique styles to the standardized bases, fighters can form original moves with many different interactions.
Fighters also possess Unique Abilities (or UAs) which are new sub-systems that interact with their abilities. One fighter uses elemental stances, while another can charge powerful spells over time. One fighter sets up environment effects on the board, while another might control drones which attack at range.
There are nearly 100 fighters available in BattleCON, and no two have the same Unique Ability.
Check out a quick video of how to play BattleCON!
Beyond being the most critically-lauded fighting card game on the market, BattleCON is also a central part of a continuing series of games: the World of Indines series.
The persistent story and world brings characters to life among our many other games. The development of the world, characters, and story over time are just another part of the game's broad appeal.
While you don't need to play any other game in the World of Indines series to enjoy BattleCON, you may recognize your favorite fighters and their mechanics in games such as Argent: the Consortium, Pixel Tactics, Disc Duelers, Seven Card Slugfest, Sellswords, Millennium Blades, and Empyreal: Spells & Steam!
We have one of the best competitive gaming communities on the internet. Join our Discord server to meet fellow fans and dueling enthusiasts, and participate in Organized Play to earn awesome rewards for you and your friends!
Over the past 7 years, BattleCON has racked up tons of critical acclaim by top reviewers. But you don't have to take our word for it—check out the reviews!
BattleCON: Unleashed is the storage box you've been waiting for. At 17x13x8.5" (approx. 43x33x21cm) this box is being built to hold up to 110 fighter tuckboxes, a game board, and rulebook.
In addition to a big storage box for your fighters, Unleashed comes with tuckboxes and base sets to bring BattleCON: War and BattleCON: Fate up to the high component standard set in Trials. In total, it includes:
- 30 tuckboxes (for all fighters from Fate and War, plus Borneo and Juto)
- 30 extra Base sets (for all fighters from Fate and War, plus Borneo and Juto—Force Special Actions are included)
- ~95 cards to Update Fate, War, and Trials
- All stretch and social goal content unlocked during the campaign, including:
BattleCON: Unleashed and The Grand Chronicle are being printed to order, which means only a few leftover copies will available in our online store after the project ends. We do not plan to reprint Unleashed or The Grand Chronicle—once they're gone, they're gone!
BattleCON: Devastation is the biggest and most fully-featured box in BattleCON's long history. Containing 30 fighters, 5 different play modes, 6 solo/co-op dungeons, and 4 massive boss battles, Devastation is one of the most full-featured tabletop games ever realized.
We've remastered Devastation, bringing it up to date with:
- Balance changes and templating updates (Yes, this means Voco is playable and Arec is no longer god-tier)
- Force and Life Counters
- Fighter tuckboxes
- Retuned and clarified play modes
Two completely new fighters—Gar and Neuromille Kei
- Current rules and other trappings associated with current BattleCON games
Already own Devastation? The Upgrade kit (included with any CONTINUE tier or as an add-on) patches the original Dev and gets you the two new fighters included in the full Dev: Remastered.
The upgrade kit does not include a new box, board, BattleQUEST book, arenas, or any components for the original 30 Dev fighters. BattleQUEST does not have any mechanical changes with this update.
Wanderers contains ten brand-new fighters created by veterans of the series, tuned and balanced meticulously by our design team!
Wanderers is a complete, standalone game, just like other entries in the BattleCON series. Any fighter in Wanderers can compete with any fighter in any other BattleCON game, and the complete contents of Wanderers will fit cleanly into the BattleCON: Unleashed big storage box!
The Grand Chronicle is the culmination of years of lore-writing, character design, and artwork. It covers the whole of the World of Indines, including side titles like Pixel Tactics, Disc Duelers, Empyreal: Spells & Steam, and Argent: the Consortium, plus concepts from a few upcoming projects we're working on!
Divided into sections by game according to the world's timeline, the book contains the complete saga of Indines lore as presented in current games, along with extended art galleries and lore. It's the ultimate companion for any World of Indines Fan!
Though Unleashed is the last BattleCON Kickstarter project we plan to do, we intend to continue maintaining the game through tournaments, balance patches, and periodic character/box releases. Our most important legacy of BattleCON is in BattleCON Online.
BattleCON Online is currently in Early Access on Steam, and our plan is to continuously develop it with new characters, new modes, and new balance patches. It's the best way to play with friends and rivals from across the world and hone your skills!
To give you a head-start on BattleCON Online, we're giving away some special early-access BCO content! Every backer at the $5 tier or above will receive:
After the campaign ends, you'll be able to use the Pledge Manager to choose any add-ons you'd like. Please note that add-ons may increase your shipping costs beyond the estimates listed on this page.
Our add-ons in this project are a little bit different than other Kickstarter Projects. Because some of these games exist already and have limited quantities, we ask that you do not pledge for add-ons at this time. The chart of available add-ons is only included for informational purposes.
Please wait for our Pledge Manager to back for add-ons, to prevent us from overselling any game and having to issue refunds.
We have a ton of stretch goals planned for the project. If you're getting BattleCON Unleashed, you're getting ALL stretch goals we hit!
Our goals fall into a few broad categories:
- New Costumes: These alternate costumes come with a new costume card and a punch standee featuring that fighter. They won't feature alternate abilities, but they will still be a nice touch for showing off your favorite fighters! (Included in every copy of Unleashed)
- Base Sets: These sets of 6 standard bases will feature alternate art. You can sleeve them together with your favorite fighter to give their kit a unique look! (Included in every copy of Unleashed)
- Online Rewards: Bonus costumes and early access fighters can be redeemed directly inside BattleCON Online! (Not available via Pledge Manager)
- New Fighters: New Fighters will have complete, tournament-legal kits, as well as tuckboxes, standees, and everything else you'd expect in a new fighter! (Included in every copy of Unleashed)
Rather than do the usual "post on Facebook/Twitter/BGG X Times" goals, we've decided to do something fun and really get the creative community involved in this project!
We've created 6 categories for fan-created content. Submit content in one of these categories and we'll add it to our total. After 20 submissions in any category, we unlock an updated, re-balanced reprint of a classic promo fighter. After 40 submissions, we unlock a secondary costume for that fighter, included in their kit.
Share your creations with us via Kickstarter direct message or through our submission form. They may even show up in The Grand Chronicle!
Each backer may make one submission in each of the six categories below:
- Fanfic - Post an original fan-fiction on fanfiction.net or the blog of your choice featuring at least one World of Indines character!
- Fan Art - Post an original sketch or full illustration of any World of Indines character on a blog, art site, or social media.
- Cosplay - Post a picture of an original World of Indines character cosplay on a blog, art site, or social media.
- Fighter Custom - Post your own unique fighter kit on boardgamegeek.com, /r/BattleCON, or another fan community of your choice!
- Event - Host an Organized Play Event for BattleCON at your local game store or other public venue. Take some pictures of your event and share them on social media! Streaming BattleCON Online or Tabletop Simulator Games also counts as an event!
- Guide - Write a fighter guide on boardgamegeek.com, /r/BattleCON, the steam discussion forums or a favorite site of your own!
Shipping will be billed in Pledge Manager after the project ends. A copy of Unleashed with all stretch goals unlocked will be fairly heavy, weighing in at about 9 lbs (4 kgs). Here are estimates of what shipping will look like for various areas around the world.
* All non-UK countries in European Union
** China, Hong Kong, Macao
*** Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
**** The Perfect and Core Collection will ship as two separate packages.
+ Launch Party and Fighter's Circle Pledges will be roughly 5 times the shipping cost of the New Game Plus Tier (with an additional 1x for each set added).
Our shipping is EU, Canada, USA, Australia, and China-friendly! Backers in these countries/regions will not have to pay extra VAT/Customs charges.
If your area isn’t listed, it is because we do not have a fulfillment center in that area. Please check USPS Priority mail rate to your area for shipping costs in these cases. This campaign ships worldwide, except to certain restricted countries.
Level 99 Games has successfully funded and delivered over 15 different Kickstarter projects, including critically-acclaimed hits such as Millennium Blades, Pixel Tactics, EXCEED Fighting System, Argent: the Consortium, and more!
Risks and challenges
BattleCON's history is wrought with challenges, but we've managed to overcome them all so far, and we don't plan to stop now (well, after this we do plan to stop, because it's the last planned project, but... you know what I mean!)
The production and delivery of physical goods is a messy business, and there are almost always complications involved. No matter what, we guarantee that you will receive and be satisfied with your games, or we'll refund your full pledge!
Our delivery estimates are based on the core game components and deliverables. Stretch Goals may involve the creation of new artwork and graphical elements, or the production of additional goods, which can extend our delivery dates.
Our commitment is to clear, early communication and the delivery of a final, high-quality product. If we have to adjust delivery dates due to production complications or stretch goal additions, we will let you know as soon as new delivery dates are planned.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)