About this project
A fighter, a wizard, a priest, and a thief walk into a dungeon. The dragon says, “Sounds like a party!”
In the Creatures & Cards game, each player assumes the role of a classic fantasy hero type, each with a unique power. Individually, they battles monsters, in search of treasure and followers. At game's end, the player with the most points of treasure and followers wins!
Like most Popcorn Press card games, the Creatures & Cards game rules began with a poker deck. Our goal with this Kickstarter project is to pay for illustrating a specialty deck!
Just $900! We need $800 to pay artist Len Peralta for his time and labor, and $100 for Kickstarter fees (with about $10 wiggle room).
Just one week! This project is part of Kickstarter's March "All in 1" series, each just one week long! With 180 backers at $5 each we can reach our goal in that time, so please help spread the word!
Illustration will be by renowned artist Len Peralta. The illos on this page are examples of his previous work. They are not the final Creatures & Cards deck illustrations or logo. We'll reveal the actual illustrations and logo in Updates on this site, as they are completed.
Free rules! So why back this project? Well . . .
- First, besides the illustrated deck being pretty and adding to the game's ambiance, the game rules will be integrated with the cards themselves for ease of play.
- Second, while the Kickstarter theme is "1s and 0s" for this project ("e-rewards" only), if we reach our goal, costs for our next week's Kickstarter-only premium deck in a Kickstarter-only tuck box will be lower, so it will have cheaper pledge levels!
- Third, next week's project will have a special pledge level just for backers of this one.
If we reach our goal, all backers at $5 and higher will receive codes to buy their chosen decks from DriveThruCards.com for $5/deck, plus that site's usual shipping.
For each $100 past our goal, we'll be able to commission another illustration. That means a free upgrade of every backer's Creatures & Cards deck!
Depending upon the exact amount raised, we'll either add an alternate hero card (such as Archer, Assassin, Necromancer, etc.) or give specific cards a unique illo (queens first, then jacks). Backers will get a chance to vote on details at project's end.
- First Bonus Illustration—an added Hero card—is Funded!
- Second Bonus Illustration—a second added Hero card—is Funded!
- Third Bonus Illustration—a third added Hero card—is Funded!
- Fourth Bonus Illustration—a unique Queen—is Funded!
- Fifth Bonus Illustration—a second unique Queen—is Funded!
- Sixth Bonus Illustration—a third unique Queen—is Funded!
- Seventh Bonus Illustration—a fourth unique Queen—is Funded!
The complete set of unique Queen illustrations has been funded! Thanks!
A Unique Card!
- Djinn - Unlocked!
At $1700, "The Djinn" was funded! This is a free bonus card available only to Kickstarter backers! Thanks for the extra support!
Please be a hero and help this project succeed!
Your rewards will be treasure, followers, and eternal honor!
Risks and challenges
Artist Len Peralta is a pro who has worked with us before. He always delivers impressive work on time.
Designer and publisher Lester Smith has run 10 successful Kickstarters before and has been a contributor to several others. Although he is admittedly prone to over-booking, the rules to this game are already designed and tested, his Popcorn Press publishing team has experience preparing card game PDFs, and we've built an extra month into the delivery time to allow for any unexpected problems.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (7 days)