It is the year 1892 and Ian and Callie have had to suffer the hardships of a single parent family since their father went missing. But when they uncover an old telescope in their attic, the Castillos are rocketed to the steam-powered floating cities of Jupiter where they discover a secret that will ignite an era that will forever be known by its strange name . . . Steampunk!
- Readers grades 3 and up do not have much Science Fiction to choose from. My sweet wife (who is a Children's Librarian) can't keep Jupiter Chronicles on the shelves because kids don't know what to turn to after they've read Magic Treehouse. Kids want to watch what they're reading and trust me, we will keep the books going!
- Growing up in a single-parent family, I had to endure living in extreme poverty and at one point we were even homeless. The book series is a hope to kids in those circumstances to strive to do their very best and above all, dream and work towards a better future for themselves.
- Living in a blended family can be a challenge but if you see your new brother or sister as someone unique apart from the circumstances, kids can thrive.
- I firmly believe in the power of family and what a family can accomplish if they lift each other up.
- The series represents diverse ethnicities and needs.
- Because I love Space Epic Science Fiction and Steampunk! Themed like the old Flash Gordon serials, The Jupiter Chronicles takes readers of the books and watchers of the short to other worlds in steam-powered ships fighting Doomslayers and taking to the skies in Fireflights!
- There is a definite need for solid identifiable role models even in our characters.
Author/Creator, Leonardo Ramirez
Leonardo Ramirez is a husband, a father, a Karate instructor with a 3rd degree black belt, and an Author. His first graphic novel, Haven, is a supernatural Young Adult story centered on an ancient war between the Dante family and the nine circles of hell. Haven of Dante was released later as a prose novel. His follow up is a Children’s Steampunk book called The Jupiter Chronicles: The Secret of the Great Red Spot to be followed by The Jupiter Chronicles Book Two: The Ice Orphan of Ganymede. It follows the adventure of two children as they are transported to the steam-powered cities of Jupiter, find their long-lost father, stop an attack from Mars, and witness the birth of Steampunk.
- Make it available to as many festivals as possible.
- Make the the film short available to channels who will accept a film short.
- Using the sales numbers obtained from those channels, pitch to undisclosed parties.
You get a digital DRM-free copy of The Jupiter Chronicles: THE SECRET OF THE GREAT RED SPOT, an exclusive digital Jupiter Chronicles Facebook header, exclusive blog updates on the show's progression and your name on the list of folks to thank on our website! Thank you!
Pledge $15 or more
A download of the digital short! Everything in the previous perks, a PDF of the short script AND JUPITER CHRONICLES media skins! Thank you!
Now for the really cool stuff!
Pledge $25 or more
KYROCKET PACKAGE: You've discovered a digital book treasure chest! You get DRM-free digital copies of The Secret of the Great Red Spot AND The Ice Orphan of Ganymede. You'll also everything in the previous perks, a PHYSICAL copy of The Secret of the Great Red Spot (unsigned), a SIGNED trading card, your name in the animated short credits for helping to make it happen. Oh . . . and the digital SOUNDTRACK! THANK YOU!
Pledge $50 or more
WORDSMITH PACKAGE: Your paperback copy of The Secret of the Great Red Spot will be AUTOGRAPHED plus all the goodies in the previous perks and a JUPITER CHRONICLES sticker. PLUS digitally signed images of voice actors AND digital exclusive Hi-Rez RPG cards with all the Chrono Legion factions (Skyrocket Pilots, Fates, Angelions, Wordsmiths, Mechrons and Praxid). A downloadable PDF of an exclusive promotional poster and a physical autographed (by the author) postcard of one of the Chrono Legion factions and all the previous perks.
Pledge $65 or more
FATES PACKAGE: Need more than one copy? You'll get TWO autographed paperback copies of The Secret of the Great Red Spot (Keep one for yourself and give the other to a friend), plus a copy of The Ice Orphan of Ganymede, an autographed post card (by the author) of all of the Chrono Legion factions (Skyrocket Pilots, Fates, Angelions, Wordsmiths, Mechrons and Praxid) and all the previous perks.
Pledge $100 or more
ANGELION PACKAGE: You'll get a limited edition “Got Steam . . Punk?” t-shirt, all the goodies in the previous perk packages!
Pledge $200 or more
A storyboard of a scene in the short plus all of the previous perks.
Pledge $500 or more
An animatic and the entire book collection AUTOGRAPHED.
Pledge $1,000 or more
Autographed character sketches and the entire book collection in digital format.
Pledge $2,500 or more
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER CREDIT All digital rewards and all physical rewards in the SKYROCKET, PRAXID AND $40.00 reward packages.
Pledge $5,000 or more
PRODUCER CREDIT on the Film All digital rewards and all physical rewards in the SKYROCKET, PRAXID AND $40.00 reward packages.
Pledge $10,000 or more
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER CREDIT All digital rewards!
Take a peek below at some of the perks as well as more info on THE JUPITER CHRONICLES UNIVERSE!
The Chrono Legion
See "Rewards" for Details
T-Shirts (EXCLUSIVE PERK!)
Postcards (EXCLUSIVE PERK!)
Trading Cards (EXCLUSIVE PERK!)
- Family Focus Blog
Book Reviews by Lynn
- Uplifting Families
- Steampunk Journal
- Bass Giraffe
- Mom's Point of View
Many thanks to these amazing people who have kindly offered their friendship and support in sharing the campaign.
Risks and challenges
When my father passed there was one thing he left me that I will carry with me forever and have already passed on to my daughter.
A strong work ethic.
I've been writing, editing, packaging, designing, translating, etc for a long time and have no plans on stopping.
All of the production for this short is contained within the confines of one studio animation company, Magnetic Dreams. They've done this sort of thing before and done it very well which is why I turned to them.
As far as fulfillment goes, we'll be using a reliable fulfillment house that is connected with Kickstarter and has a high success rate. We do not anticipate any issues with fulfillment.
The challenge here is to get people involved in sharing the campaign. I know that it's REALLY hard to get people to share. . . even your friends. I'm not sure why. So what I'm asking now is for you (this means my friends) to share this campaign with your friends and nudge your way out of your comfort zone even for a short while.
Hope for a better tomorrow needs to be spread.
And in my stories, there is a hope.
- (30 days)