About this project
Thanks for checking out our project!
We are passionate about designing and making products that challenge and improve on everyday objects that we take for granted. There's nothing better than taking a problem and solving it by optimising an everyday item.
Why redesign the contacts lens case?
As anyone who wears disposable contact lenses (weekly, 2 weeks or 1 month) will know that a big problem is remembering when to change the lenses. The cue to change is often when they get painful! Clearly not ideal when the health of your eyes is at stake.
With this in mind, we did a survey to confirm our thoughts. We asked what the biggest problems were for lens wearers :
- When do I change my lenses?
- I need a mirror to put them in and don't always have one if travelling.
So we thought we'd solve those 2 problems in 1 go, and provide a 21st Century take on the contact lens case!
Features of the Lens Date Case
- A reminder of when to change your lenses where it matters most: on the case. With a simple 2 wheel movement that sets either the date you started wearing them or when to change them: outer ring goes clockwise to set the day and inner ring anticlockwise to set the month.
- A handy travel mirror is incorporated below the left hand lid, and flips up revealing the date recorder.
- Premium Quality and Design: The case is ergonomic, of high quality, with a premium feel and great finish. All designed and manufactured locally in the USA.
For this first collection, we asked a few select people what 2 colours they would opt for: green and pink was the answer. As part of this process we will give backers the vote on 1 new colour in the project survey, once fund raising has been completed.
How you can help?
Your pledge will help towards taking this idea from a working prototype with a small first manufacturing production run, to a second larger scale manufacturing run.
We're very excited about producing these cases and having people use them. Designing products that people love to use is our passion.
Additional thanks to Kickstarter and everyone who made this possible, would not have happened without their (often patient and always understanding) support.
Support this project
- (30 days)