You can purchase these shirts through our online store at http://ravenectar.com
1) Invoke the human sense of wonder through breathtaking clothing
We use a new type of printing called 'Sublimation' that allows us to print ALL over shirts in stupidly vibrant colors. This is how you've always wished your shirts would look.
2) Support independent artists!
All of our designs come from independent artists from around the world. Each artist keeps 20% of the price of the shirt. This is wearable art.
We provide an avenue for artists to be rewarded and appreciated for their work who would otherwise have a tough time finding paying customers. That way they can keep making this world more beautiful without worrying about having the cash to do it.
Revealed Mystery Shirts (5/5):
**Note: You pick your design(s) after the Kickstarter is funded, including all unlocked mystery shirts! You get to choose your designs for EVERY reward level!**
50 bones may sound like a lot for a shirt (damn you, Macklemore!), but these are not normal shirts:
- These shirts are pieces of art, created by independent artists
- 20% of the price goes straight to the artist
- Sublimation printing is more expensive than screen printing, and the shirts we're using (100% polyester that feels like cotton) are custom made for Sublimation
- Once again, these are NOT normal shirts ;)
Sublimation printing is so new that the only third-party printers are either far too expensive, or cannot handle large volume.
To keep our prices down and supply up, we're buying our own printing equipment and setting up our own print shop in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Woohoo, jobs for Americans!
- Sublimation Press - $2,500
- Sublimation Printer - $12,500
- Tag Heat Printer - $5,000
- Shirts, Ink & Supplies - $5,000
- Down Payment + Rent for Commercial Space - $10,000
- Employee wages
- 20% of revenue goes straight to the artists
Everyone likes surprises, so we're revealing 5 extra mystery shirts at different levels of funding. The more successful the campaign, the more choices you have when you pick your shirt(s) after the campaign is funded.
Note: These are different from the 'Secret Shirt too delicious for Kickstarter' available only to those buying 3 shirts or more. These 5 will be available to everyone when they are revealed.
Jordan Lejuwaan is the creator of HighExistence, a large blog/community of 40,000 people aimed at making people think different about the world. He also co-founded the Valhalla Movement with the mission of making sustainable communal living mainstream. He's passionate about inspiring people to follow their bliss.
The idea for RaveNectar came about in early 2012 Jordan was sewing together shirts to wear at Ultra Music Festival. He found some crazy fabrics at a local textile store and managed to make some half-decent tank tops. The response at the music festival was astounding. Literally dozens of people were coming and asking to buy the shirt off his back or giving him their emails in case he made more.
So he decided to make some more :)
These aren't only for raves. It's a LOT of fun to go out and see people point and smiling in bewilderment. These shirts are out there enough to brighten people's day, if even a little bit. They're also fantastic conversation starters.
We're printing on Vapor Apparel shirts made specially for Sublimation printing. These shirts are 100% polyester as required by Sublimation printing, but feel exactly like cotton. Very soft.
The best part about Sublimation printing is the colors will not bleed or fade as long as the shirts are not put into the dryer.
The sizes run slightly large than American Apparel t-shirts:
Unisex sizes: S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X
Women's sizes: S, M, L, XL
**Note: Sublimation printing has one quirk: it leaves some small, white streaks near the armpit of each shirt. They are not noticeable unless you're raising your arms straight up. We think they look pretty cool, but you can be the judge!**
We're always looking for more artists to work with. If you have a style you think would fit with RaveNectar, submit your art here!
We are BEYOND excited to see how Kickstarter and the rest of the world responds to these babies. Thank you so much for your support!
Have a MIND-BLOWING 2013!!!
Risks and challenges
Printing Speed -- Sublimation printing takes roughly 12 minutes per shirt, which places a rigid cap on how many can be printed per day, per printer. We will focus heavily on printing efficiency to be sure we keep up with demand.
Employee Health -- Safety precautions must be put in place so our employees are not permanently blinded by the awesomeness of these shirts. This is no laughing matter.
**Qualified? Yes, indeed!**
1) Jordan, the founder, is used to doing BIG things. He created a large online blog/community of 40,000 people called HighExistence (http://highexistence.com). He also co-founded an international movement to make sustainable, communal living mainstream called The Valhalla Movement (http://valhallamovement.com).
2) Production and fulfillment will be managed by the brilliant Peter Westermann, owner of Threyda (http://threyda.com). Peter has been running Threyda for 3 years and has shipped out thousands of shirts and art prints. Peter and the rest of our team will make sure you get your shirts in time for festival season.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)