About this project
(Follow updates here)
HabitRPG is a habit tracker app which treats your goals like a Role Playing Game. Level up as you succeed, lose HP as you fail, earn money to buy weapons and armor. Read more. The project is open source, and is live.
What The Campaign Funds
- Website bug fixes like whoa!
- Undo, custom time-zones, tags / categories, due dates
- Completion of the iPhone & Android apps
- Integration with some primary services (Google Tasks and Calendar, Evernote, etc).
Since the Kickstarter began, the following features have been added:
- Avatar customization
- Better armor customization
The funds go towards hiring guns to help me complete the above tasks. Two web developers (including myself), a pixel artist, systems administrator, and mobile developer. In the days Habit's been on Kickstarter, this team has been officially formed and ready to start working if the Kickstarter tips and I can start paying them :)
Looks like we're about to tip my friends! How about some extra features with that surplus? If the campaign hits the following amounts we'll move these features to the forefront of development:
Awards and Badges
Show off your achievements (including your backer tier) to your friends.
A modal showing your profile pic, badges, blurb, websites, and gear. Others view this when clicking your avatar.
Categorize your tasks, including a visibility filter on tags. Will also solve the "custom columns" & "time blocks" (morning, afternoon) requests.
We have a whole queue of translators waiting to help us!
Multiply your tasks on a difficulty scale.
Little visuals next to your tasks' text.
Assign Habits, Dailies, Todos, Rewards to your friends & family.
Participate in "Streak" challenges (eg, 10 days bike to work) to earn extra GP/Exp and item drops! This one will be fun :)
The Class System
Depending on the types of tasks you complete, you gain Attack, Defense, Agility, or Intelligence. Those determine which class you become (Warrior, Rogue, Mage) which in turn effects how you interact with the game.
Rewards & Tokens
T-shirt: Along the lines of this, still customizing. Stay tuned for styles and options. +$5 international shipping.
Tokens are used to purchase digital items - avatar customizations, tabards, mounts, pets, item modifiers, emergency potions, etc. We want all features and stats-modifiers to be free, but any "flare" customizations and fringe bits will be bought with tokens. Basically, they make you look cooler than your friends! See #1 of Business Model.
Integration: Google Tasks, Astrid, GCal, Fitbit, etc.
The ultimate goal of Habit is to plug into all your current tools - RescueTime, Fitbit, Wunderlist, MyFitnessPal, etc (see the full bucket-list, and cast your vote!). Habit has an API for such integration, and is currently in use by a Chrome extension which monitors your unproductive web activity (read: Reddit, Facebook, etc), as well as by Pomodoro scripts.
Risks and challenges
* There are a lot of great feature requests! In the spirit of MVP, this project will be "complete" when (1) the basic mobile app is done, (2) pets and mounts are in, (3) integration with Google Tasks and Calendar complete. (This list is different than before, as we've made huge progress since the KS started!)
* If this project is successful, I'll need to clear up my current plate of contracts so I can go full-steam on Habit. This may take up to a month.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (40 days)