- Game board
- Customized playing die
- 40 match cards
- 16 item coins
- 4 playing discs
- 4 clan cards
- You enter a world you've never seen before. And you can set it free from winter's spell.
- Become a mythological creature Kurent in this 4-player fantasy board game
- Bring spring to the land and defeat Winter Soldiers and their ruler The Winter Demon. But never trust a Devil.
- Because one of the Kurents is a traitor, the game is full of tactical turns.
- Card matches between Kurents are unpredictable and require both strategy and bluffing.
- In the final match against The winter Demon… Anything can happen.
- Don't freeze, this game favors the bravest player.
- The game is unpredictable and with each playthrough you create a new story.
Army of Kurents is a fantasy board game with card match system and dice.
Kurents are mythological bringers of spring in slavic folklore. A Kurent is one half warrior and one half animal destined to defeat The Winter Demon.
Once upon a time all Kurent wariors: wolf, boar, crow and owl, lived in harmony and there was spring all year long.
However, The Winter Demon put one of the Kurent clans under his spell and the land fell into a year-long winter. Kurents accused each other of traitory and seperated their ways.
Now a long path full of fight is ahead of the Kurent who is courageous enough to restore harmony and bring spring back to the land.
Who was the Kurent that sided with the enemy will be revealed in the final match.
Because one of the Kurents is a traitor, they don't trust each other. Therefore they compete among themselves in personal battles where they can use their special abilites, steal items or even help an adversary. A match system with different army formations makes the game full of tactical surprises. The most powerful of them is Army of Kurents which is safe both from Devil's and Winter soldiers' attacks.
Before he defeats winter, a Kurent must get four important items from Kurentena.
Bells that are crucial in frightening The Winter Demon, an enchanted handkerchief, a mysterious ritual and a special weapon: jezhevka.
The game is over when a fully armed Kurent reaches the portal and fights an all-out match with The Winter Demon where both Winter soldiers and Devils come into play.
When winter refuses to leave, will you stand up against it?
Risks and challenges
This is the second game we designed and it's the first one completely produced by us and published independently. Currently we are getting components for the board game from three different sources. In case we get a better deal etc the coins or items might change slightly (color or such details) though it's not planned. It's our first larger business that will be delivered abroad.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)