So lets get to it!
We now have some concrete dates! I can now confidently say that you can set your calendars to these dates. Before we get into that though I want to go into a little bit of our naming convention for versioning.
In most games, you’ll have versioning that is something like this 1.012.03. Arakion versioning is very straightforward and simple. Alpha 1, means the first release of alpha. Alpha 1A-Z means we’ve made minor changes. Alpha 2 would be major changes / content addition. So while updating your game you’ll be able to know when we’ve made minor changes and when we've made major changes.
Reasoning for this is simple, for people who want to wait for more content they only need to wait for is the next alpha release, if you last played Alpha 1 and it’s on Alpha 3 now, you can easily see you have a lot to look forward to.
- Alpha 1 (Select people for testing and “The Fae”+ Backers) : November 22nd
- Alpha 2 (The Reborn+): ~ 2 weeks later
- Alpha 3 : Sometime in between Alpha 2 and Beta 1
- Beta 1 (All Kickstarter Backers): ~ 1 Month later
If you’d like to be in alpha 1 just send a message to me at email@example.com. While I can’t guarantee we’ll let in a ton of people (This will mainly be a bug fixing / software optimizing stage) we’ll definitely let in a decent amount for testing purposes. This will also been on the forum store when it goes up soon.
A few notable changes to the game
- Professions now have 3 skills with a racial skill replacing the previous fourth. For instance if you are a Sappling Monk you’d have Mend, Shadowstrike, Aura and Regrowth. This makes the race of your characters much more important.
- Inside racial skills are a lot of passive / upgrades pertinent to the race. Using the Sappling example, if you upgrade Regrowth you'll find upgrades geared toward strength and vitality.
- We’ve replaced the Alchemist profession with “Brewmaster”. Skills in the document below.
- Rations and hunger have been implemented (sapplings don't have hunger)
- Aging has been added to the todo list
- We have working translations for multiple language and the rest will be google translated, if you'd like to help more accurately translate a certain language please email me.
About the release date
We’re fully committed to a December release. While the game may only be in Beta at that point we’re fully confident that it will be in a playable and enjoyable state, and everyone will be receiving their Kickstarter rewards on time.
Join in the conversation
Here is a little extra for you all, it’s not fancy graphics or videos but a link to one of our internal development documents.
You can access the document “Here”
Right click to insert comments, feel free to make any comments you feel are relative (especially if you’d like to see something sooner than later or things you'd like to see change) but please avoid spamming as the team uses this document. This is your way to help drive development and gives us a much more direct way to interact with backers
Red doesn’t mean it hasn’t been coded / worked on, it just means it’s not been implemented into the build yet.
That's it for now. We'll have more information on Alpha 1 as well as changes and adjustments to the game in the near future.