Before the world ends will you be the final hero that it needs?
Arakion is a modern take on a classic RPG formula. You're put in control of three heroes trying to survive a world devastated by war. Adventuring in Arakion will take you across open land, into deep dungeons and even put you in control of rebuilding a desolated town.
A great evil, nearly destroying Arakion in ages past, has returned. It is up to you to create a band of heroes to fight this darkness. The game takes place on two continents floating in the sky, as well as hundreds of minor islands. Arakion has been marred by war and strife for thousands of years and the landscape is a reflection of that.
Arakion will be released for Windows, Mac and Linux (with possible tablet support after release)
- Character Customization! Character customization in Arakion is a refreshing take on the RPG Level-Up formula. Instead of skills and stats after X experience, your choices throughout the game affect your heroes. From the weapons you choose to forge, to the add-ons you choose for their housing, every decision has an impact on your heroes.
- You did what with my weapon?! Each character only starts with one weapon, one set of armor and four skills. You'll use the materials you find in the world to shape and morph your characters in to the heroes they'll become. Every decision you make has a permanent and lasting impact on your hero which resonates in the manner they play and interact with the world.
- Town Building! Using building blueprints you find, the people you rescue, along with the help of a mysterious stranger, you'll use ancient devices to rebuild a lost town. You'll have to choose wisely however, as some building decisions permanently prevent other choices.
- Combat! Combat in Arakion allows you to choose real-time, turn-based or a unique blend of both. The core system of Arakion takes two old school styles of gameplay and merging them into one seamless combat experience.
- Adventure! You'll adventure through dozens of dungeons, castles and open world areas while finding hidden passageways, collecting materials and crushing your foes.
- Story! The game features a deep and engaging story-line that spans generations. As you play through the game you'll learn about the history of Arakion and your heroes, as well as taking a part in shaping your heroes past with the unique trait system.
I've been working on Arakion every spare moment for some time now. Until a couple of weeks ago, I was mainly focused on getting the ideas down and making sure I could achieve the look, feel and gameplay that I wanted.
Now that the prototype is finished Arakion is ready for the next phase of development. While all the basics are done, coded and ready, and the art-style has been defined and refined, I would like to be able to put in the additional hours and potentially hire some extra hands to move it out of the prototype stage and into a full game.
I'll be using kickstarter to move Arakion into this next stage of development; building upon the foundation to bring you a great game. The funding will be used for:
- Hiring : A game is not easy to make, so I'll be using Kickstarter funds to hire on the extra hands I need to make Arakion a reality.
- Surviving : Paying the bills - you know how it goes.
- Expanding : Take a look at the stretch chart. I've spent a lot of time crunching the numbers so you know exactly what you're getting for your buck.
- Software...ing : The license to use software can be extremely expensive, and while I own most of the software needed to make the game, buying the additional pieces that put that extra layer of polish on it can be very pricey
If you're looking to add a little something extra to your reward then look no further than the add-ons! All you will need to do is click the "Manage Your Pledge" button, then all you have to do is add in the amount that covers the add-on(s) you want. Please note that for any physical add-ons, please include an additional $15 for international shipping.
- Digital Players Guide *Think old players guides you would find in RPGs* ($5) - This isn't stated but it is included in $65+
- An additional copy of the game ($15)
- Backer only T-Shirt ($15)
- Backer only Poster ($15)
- Cloth Map ($30) - included in $250+
- Hardcover Artbook ($45) - Included in pledges $100+
- Additional Figurine ($250) - :: please add $300 if you are below the $550 reward tier
- (29 days)