Divinity Original Sin is an old-school cRPG with new ideas & modern execution, will release this year. Funded by fantastic backers! Read more
This project was successfully funded on April 26, 2013.
D:OS for Mac released; Collector's Editions announced; Early Access updated; Larian looking for beta testers!
Is it just us, or is May vanishing more quickly than any month ought to?
We're hard at work finishing and polishing Divinity: Original Sin for full release but obviously haven't forgotten about our Early Access community and you our Kickstarter backers. It's been fun seeing what you've been getting up to via global chat, and you've helped us make a lot of fixes and improvements along the way. As ever, thank you for your enthusiastic support and invaluable feedback!
Today we have many interrelated and exciting updates that should significantly improve your Divinity: Original Sin experience. Check out the video below, or keep on reading to get the full scoop:
Mac <3 PC
First: Mac users, this one's for you! D:OS is now available for Mac systems through your Steam Early Access code.
Second: Mac players can play together with PC Players. And Steam Cloud saves are activated.
Third: Laptop UI Optimisations are now live. (Good news for you track pad warriors!)
Taken together, these advancements mean you can play D:OS at home at your PC battle station, during your lunch break at work on your Mac, and on-the-go on your laptop of either make. And you can play it with anybody else who has a good taste in RPGs, whether they have a PC or a Mac.
The detailed minimum system specs are on the website, but the quick of it is that you need Mac OS X 10.8/10.9 with 4GB of memory and that the game already runs on Intel HD 3000 & 4000 graphics cards, though those should be considered minimum requirements.
The Collector's Edition: Loot, loot, loot!
The Collector's Edition (the same backers in the $95 tier will get) is currently in production and here's what you can expect:
The Collector's Edition includes:
- Four Divinity titles (Two copies of D:OS on two DVDs; Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity for download)
- Zandalor's trunks & the Golden Grail DLC
- Maradino's Alchemical Cards for in-game crafting
- Cloth map of Andavale
- Collector's Edition Stickers
- Two-sided Poster
- Collector's Edition Soundtrack on CD-ROM
- Game Manual
- Zandalor's Deck of Playing Cards
- Bellegar's RPG dice
How do I get my hands on one of these?
The English edition is available worldwide exclusively through the Larian Vault.
IMPORTANT! There are only 1500 English versions of the Collector's Edition available; the rest is reserved for our Kickstarter backers. We aren't planning a re-print (the organisational acumen it takes confuses and frightens we developer-types), so get your loot while it's available.
A limited set of German, French & Polish editions will be available via retail.
In the Benelux, a limited amount of English editions can be found in Game Mania
No other editions are planned
A Massive Early Access Update is live!
Polish is the name of the game, and D:OS is creeping ever-closer to being ready for launch.
We've implemented lots of updates this time around, including totally revamped enemy encounters, art and animation improvements, dialog changes, improved skills and spells, inventory-sorting, and much more. Download the update, check it out, and (let us know what you think!)
The full change list is still being typed up at the time of this writing, but here's a short summary for you:
- Mac & PC players can now play together.
- New 'Laptop Optimized' mode will keep your game running smoothly, whether you're travelling by air, sky, or sea.Touchpad control support is also added.
- Steam Cloud saves are active, so you can continue playing your savegames from several devices.
- The AI now adapts its tactics to players and the environment, and it can also make use of potions and special arrows.
- The treasure generation has been completely revamped.
- Pouches allow you to easily organize items in your inventory.
- The skill & spell abilities have been revised to better support classless character builds.
- Skills and spells can now be “unlearned" and also have requirements.
- 10 extra talents have been added. Talents now also have requirements.
- New skill effects have been added. Go on, summon a spider!
- Several quality-of-life improvements including inventory sorting, context-sensitive item menus, a dialog log, action-point usage previews, the ability to use objects from another character’s inventory and more.
- Numerous bug fixes and balancing changes.
We need beta testers!
We've had a secret army of testers combing through the game for us these last months, but we're in need of fresh eyes and fresh perspectives. If you know you've got an upcoming weekday off and are in the vicinity of Gent, Belgium, we'd love to hear from you.
We are looking for two types of testers to join us between now and release.
The Rookies. Testers who have never played D:OS in any form before. We need fresh eyes to help us see where the game can be made more intuitive to new players and to improve our current tutorial.
The Veterans. Testers who have completed all or most of the beta content and are ready to delve into our other, never-before-released mid- and end-game content.
Testers must be available to join us at our office in Gent, Belgium for a day of testing. Send inquiries to email@example.com.
We still need to fulfill some of the Kickstarter rewards and we wanted to let you know that we haven't forgotten. This week for instance the RPGWatch & RPGCodex quest was finalised and we'll soon have news for the people who have rewards like design your henchmen.
Have a great weekend everybody & see you in the global chat!