Update #75: RELEASE DAY! Get your copy of Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition!
It’s been over a year in the making, but it's been worth it. Today, we are very proud to deliver to you Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition!
What makes our Enhanced Edition different from others? Check out our latest home-brewed trailer to find out just how far we went to bring you the ultimate Divinity experience:
The verdict is in...
The first reviews of Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition are in, and the results are exciting. Here's a short sampling:
“Of all the games with co-op I’ve played this year, this is by far the most surprising and definitely one of the most enjoyable.” PlayStation Universe, 9/10
“There’s nothing else quite like Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.” IGN, 9/10
“A challenging, sprawling, and enchanting title from the very start.” Push Square, 9/10 “A fantastic version of an already great game.” PlayStationLifeStyle.net, 9/10
“A title highly recommended for all fans of the genre and more.” EveryEye.it, 9/10
“Its pad gameplay could become a model for other games of this genre.” jeuxvideo.com, 19/20
How do I get my copy of Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition?
If you already purchased the original Divinity: Original Sin, you will receive the Enhanced Edition FREE as a download in your Steam or GOG account. This will appear as a second entry in your library, next to Divinity: Original Sin. Download it and get to playing! (Oh, and spread the word to your friends who didn't try it yet :) )
If you’ve never purchased the game, head over to Steam or GOG and make your purchase!
A thousand changes!
We have a short list & a long list of changes.
- Full controller support for one and two players
- Dynamic split-screen support for local co-op play
- Sleek new UI for use with controller
- Full AAA voice-overs for all characters
- New sound effects and improvements made to existing effects
- Main quest revamped to include more characters, more events, and more adventure
- A new ending, with a reworked and expanded plot
- Existing quests updated and polished Storyline background expanded
- Companions now banter and argue with one another
- Invest skill points in the new Dual Wielding ability to improve your proficiency
- Hurl elemental, area of effect, status-setting, and damage-causing grenades. This comes with the new Bombardier ability, letting you spend skill points to improve your proficiency.
- Wands are brand new one-handed ranged weapons dealing elemental damage. They come pre-charged with an additional powerful skill that the player can invoke 1-4 times, depending on his or her Wand skill level. The skill also determines your attack range with wands (from barely-out-of-melee to bow-level).
- Explorer Mode. Formerly "Casual," Explorer players will face less-fierce enemies and enjoy a higher chance of knocking them dead, freeing up the player's time to discover, craft, sleuth, and travel outside of combat.
- Classic Mode. Formerly "Normal". What we suggest for first-time players (who've played a classic cRPG before).
- Tactician Mode. A brand new game setting featuring smarter, stronger enemies to challenge combat-oriented players.
- Honour Mode. All the challenge of Tactician Mode, but in Honour Mode you only have a single save and a single life (no resurrecting!) at your disposal. If your character goes down, it's game over.
- Tactician and Honour modes feature re-designed encounters and puzzles, including new mechanics, monsters, skills, and challenges. Enemy AI is more intelligent and designed to defend against past players' most commonly-used tactics.
- New traps have been added, making tactics, puzzles, and simply moving around in the world more challenging than ever.
- New skills and skill system
- New tiered skill system ('Novice', 'Adept', 'Master') allows you to learn devastating new abilities as you progress in your chosen school of magic. 15+ new skills featuring custom animations and damage
- Existing encounters have been improved and re-balanced to provide a more consistent experience throughout all zones.
- Now includes upgraded AI to better counter the player’s tactics
- Updated system makes crafting more intuitive
- New creatures - Elemental Wards, Enchanted Armours, Bolt-stricken Zombie, Arcane Vortex, Nether Jester, Poison Slug, Spitfire Totem, Void Crystal, Oilskin ExploSkeleton, Soul of Desperation, Angry Chest
- New cut scenes added and old cut scenes improved
- Skills have been rebalanced and redistributed into skill schools in more cohesive themes.
- Balancing changes have made mid- and late-game combat more dynamic and engaging.
- Existing Abilities and Talents have been rebalanced.
- Weapon ability progression has been updated to differentiate play styles based on weapon types (e.g. the 'Two-handed weapons' theme now focuses on slow weapons that do monstrous damage with each strike, while 'Dual Wielding' is centered around unleashing a hail of rapid blows on your enemies.)
- Vendors offer more variety and sell better loot.
- Magical items are built up differently. Items' use requirements have been revised.
- Economy (gold value and rarity of all items) has been revised.
- Treasure generation and traders have been overhauled to be less random and use a system that guarantees better variation in drops over time.
- Weapons, armour, shields, potions, and statuses have been rebalanced.
- Our top-secret formulas that calculate hit chances, crit chances, damage, armour, blocking, and more have all been carefully revised and improved.
- 'Saving throws' formula has been improved.
- New items and item combos added for creating wands and grenades
- 360-degree camera, with improved art assets for viewing at all angles
- Reworked visuals for improved performance
- Textures were updated to improve performance DirectX 11 was added, which improves performance. Because of these changes, the game now only works on 64-bit Operating Systems.
- New animations for new weapon types (wands and dual wielding)
- New effects and animations for new skills, but also enhanced existing skills
- New custom animations for all NPCs
- New animations for new creatures and destructibles
(Should you for some reason want to see the list of all 13000 changes, sorry, but you're out of luck. After all, "what happens at Larian stays at Larian," and we can't share some of the friendly, constructive language devs use to point things out to one another.)
Errrrr... is the Tactician Mode for me?
It could be, but only if you're really comfortable with cRPGs in general, and Divinity: Original Sin in particular. Check out the following interview with Edouard (who worked on the combat design) to discover what Tactician Mode is and how it was created.
Spread the word!
A lot of love and an insane amount of effort went into bringing you this Enhanced Edition. Please spread the word - be it via Facebook, Twitter or old-school word of mouth. We need more players to discover the joys of turn-based RPGs!
We took one look at Red Cloak Games’ 2D adventure Wanderer and our interest was piqued. With a unique art style and interesting story, Wanderer is definitely a project to watch (and back!).
We’ll be back with more Divinity: Original Sin 2 content very soon. Until then? Check out the new website dedicated to the Enhanced Edition right here! Or start playing of course - it's a whole new game!