Kickstarter Update #29 - Play Divinity: Original Sin 2 RIGHT NOW
This is a busy week for us, so we'll get right down to it. Waste no time, that's our motto! We shoot from the hip and don't beat about the bush. When there’s something important to say, we’ll going hell for leather to make sure you’r- … what?!
Oh fine, here's Swen with the news:
How to Get Access
That's right, as of RIGHT THIS SECOND, a day before it goes into Early Access, you can play Divinity: Original Sin 2! To get your Steam key, just follow the instructions below.
Warning: This is your key for Early Access AND the full game. If you give this key to anyone else, then they'll get the full game at release.
Warning: The game is currently available on Steam only. If you claim a Steam key now you can NOT swap it for a GOG key later. We expect the game will be available on GOG in October.
To get your Steam key, please:
1. Create an account at/log in to https://www.larianvault.com.
2. Once logged in, click on the D:OS2 Kickstarter link in the top menu. If you haven’t linked Larian Vault to your Kickstarter account, you’ll be prompted to do so.
3. Once your accounts are linked, click on the menu item "Your Choices & Input". In the list of rewards, look for the item "Divinity: Original Sin 2 Digital Download" (for some tiers, this reward will be called "Divinity: Original Sin 2 Digital Collector's Edition Download").
4. Select Steam. Click OK. Then click the link "Available! Claim now!". This will generate your Steam key.
5. Once you have your key, activate it on Steam as you would any other game (Click "Games" in the toolbar, click "Activate a product on Steam", and follow the instructions given)
6. Wait patiently for the game to download. (Note: Patience optional.)
And if you want to share the good news with your non-backer friends, you can always send them to Steam, where they can add Divinity: Original Sin 2 to their wishlists and purchase the game when it goes live tomorrow!
What is ‘Early Access’ Anyway?
Just to remind you all - this is an early access version of the game. It’s to make sure we’re going down the right path, to let you test a lot of the dialogs and systems that we’re working on.
Early Access includes two sections of the game: Act 1 of the campaign, and the PvP arena.
Act 1 gives you the chance to explore (and escape) Fort Joy, a camp where the Magisters bring Sourcerers to make sure they are not a threat to society, and the surrounding swamps.
The PvP arena is where you can battle your friends (or strangers) online or over LAN. There are a range of maps and two game types to get you going so you can enjoy combat with high-level characters and skills.
We’ll have our notebooks ready, so please let us know what you think on our forums!
Of course, not everyone will be able to claim their Steam key right now. If you’re not able to get the game just yet, but want to keep the hype as high as possible, then we’ve got you covered.
Over the next three days we’ll be showing off the game with some of our favourite youtubers - kicking off with Angry Joe at 2pm PT (22:00 Berlin / 9pm London). Keep an eye on Twitter and Facebook for more information!
Haha! Like you’re still reading this. Seriously, you could be playing the game right now - I seriously doubt you’re doing anything other than yelling at Steam to download the game faster right now. I could write whatever I wanted down here. Wibble wibble potato trampoline. See?
But regardless, we hope you enjoy the game and we can’t wait to hear what you think of it! Let us know on Twitter, Facebook, or on the Larian forums. We’re very excited about the path we’ve been going down, and we can’t wait to finally share the journey with you.