Sunny the California Girl is the comic book biography of wrestler and model, Patricia Summerland, who wrestled in the groundbreaking 1980's G.L.O.W. - Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling promotion as Sunny the California Girl. Our comic tells the story of her life and career leading to her turn as a professional wrestler among such G.L.O.W. luminaries as Mount Fuji, Big Bad Mama, Major Tanya, and more! The script is based on personal interviews with Patricia conducted by writer and wrestling historian, John Crowther. It's 100% authorized and authentic!
Who is Patricia Summerland?
- Sunny the California Girl in G.L.O.W. Promotion (1987)
- Playboy Model - March 1999 KISS Issue
- Model for Catalina Swimwear and Jordache Jeans (Early 1980's)
- Model for NFL Apparel (1980's)
What You Get When You Back This Campaign:
- Sunny the California Girl is a 24-page comic in standard American comic size (6.625" x 10.25"). 23 of those pages are full-on story and art telling Patricia's story, chock full of wrestling action! This is a one-shot, self-contained story.
- Every physical (non-digital) backer will receive at least one print edition of the comic (Standard, Rare and Ultra-Rare options available, dependent upon the reward tier selected).
- All reward packages include a digital (PDF) edition of the comic.
- Many reward tiers include rare and even bonus collectibles, including autographed comics, original art from the comic, and rare KISS collectible sketch cards featuring Patricia in KISS make-up, illustrated by KISS trading card artist (and Squared Circle Comics co-owner) Amanda Rachels.
- Higher reward levels include all variant cover editions of the comic AUTOGRAPHED by Patricia herself, the original cover art from each edition of the book, as well as opportunities to advertise your comic or creative business in the book.
- Your name on our Acknowledgements page in the comic: Bronze level ($15-$49 pledge); Silver level ($51-$74 pledge); Gold level ($75+ pledge).
- FREE U.S. Shipping!
You Will LOVE Sunny the California Girl IF:
- You are a fan of the GLOW television series on Netflix!
- You watched the G.L.O.W - Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling series in the 1980's!
- You love action-packed, smartly written comics with a dynamic art style!
- You have a passion for professional wrestling, its superstars and its history!
- You are a fan of Headlocked, Ringside, The Comic Book Story of Professional Wrestling, or other comics set in the world of pro wrestling.
- You are a fan of fight-based films like Rocky, Million Dollar Baby, The Wrestler, Warrior or Andre the Giant.
Just for YOU, 4 Preview Pages from Sunny the California Girl:
John E. Crowther
John is the writer and creator of Rochelle, which debuted as Rochelle: The Teen Cockroach#0 with AC Comics in March 2015, and is currently an ongoing series with Antarctic Press, having debuted to great reviews in August 2016. He has authored each installment of the growing line of authorized wrestling comics published by Squared Circle Comics, including Nikolai, Bruno Sammartino, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, and The Genius Lanny Poffo.
Starting as an intern for the X-Men office in 1993, Rich soon became a staff artist and then a freelance inker for Marvel with a dash of Dark Horse and Crusade Entertainment thrown in for good measure. Rich inked for Marvel for roughly ten years. In 2004, he took a break from comics and in 2010, re-entered the comic industry working for DC Comics inking titles Booster Gold and The Ray limited series. Rich is now pencilling and inking independent titles such as Mice & Man, Magma-Man for Source Point Press and the Scales of Time one-shot and Scissor Sisters series for INVERSE PRESS. Rich currently resides in New York City.
Blake has been working in comics and gaming illustration for over 20 years. In comics, he's been published in Zenescope, Image, Red Anvil, and many more indie press. Bobby Fulton & The Fantastics was his first work with Inverse Press. In gaming he has done work in the D20 system games of Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, Swords & Wizardry, and Mutants & Masterminds. Past gaming clients include: Upper Deck, Z-man Games, Frog God Games, West End Games, and more.
Risks and challenges
There are few to NO risks in the completion and fulfillment of this project. As the Kickstarter campaign launches, the comic is absolutely complete in terms of art, colors and lettering. Printing and distribution will commence within a few weeks of the campaign's end!
Our first obligation is to YOU, the Backer. Given your support and trust in us, we aim to get you what you paid for at the highest possible quality and within the shortest possible time frame.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (23 days)