Do you need more I/O lines than you get from your Microcomputer? This card lets you add an incredible number of Digital I/O lines to your Arduino, Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone Black.
- 128 GPIO (General Purpose Input/Output) lines
- Up to 25mA sink/source capability per I/O
- I2C Two-Wire Host interface, 100/400 KHZ operation
- Jumper selectable I2C terminators
- Single 4-pin host interface connector (Ground, Power, Clock, Data)
- 0.1" Pitch I/O Connectors
- (8) I/O connectors with 16 digital I/O, 2 Power, 2 Ground
- Interrupt connector
- 24LC024 Personality EEPROM
- 3.3V or 5V operation
- 95mm x 95mm (3.7" x 3.7")
- Sollid 6-32 mountiing holes
- Compatible with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone Black
- Software drivers for MCP23017 for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone Black
Check out our Wiki page for more information.
Risks and challenges
This card has some significant testing challenges We plan to use one card as a test bed for another card. We will connect the unit under test to the test bed card and exercise all of the I/O lines on the unit under test.
Another challenge will be if we get a lot of interest in this card since there's a significant amount of time required to assemble this card. All of our assembly is done in the US by hand We feel that we need to limit the first month so hopefully people who want the card can order it early. If there is a lot of demand then we will probably take the cards to an assembly house with a wave solder machine.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)