About this project
I would say the most innovative part of Space Junk is building your ship. There are other games that use ship building as a mechanic, but use a generic set of parts with multiples of the same part. So the players will have some of the same items as each other.
*In Space Junk every item is unique, you will never have even one item the same as another player.
- Space Junk is a game set in the future where the players are contestants on the hit reality TV show, Space Junk. The object of the game is to win the big fat cash prize, by being the player who earns the most Fame throughout the course of the game.
- The game is played over six rounds each consisting of 3 phases: Move, Attack, and Search. You earn fame points by: Completing orbital laps around the earth, successfully attacking other players, and by collecting various junk items.
- During the movement phase you move your ship around the board scoring points for each lap completed.
- In the attack phase you launch an attack on another player scoring 3 points for each successful hit.
- In the search phase players draw new junk cards and redesign their ships for the next round. After six rounds players add the fame points on all the junk cards they have collected to what they gained throughout the game, and whoever has the highest total wins!
"A friend and I playtested Space Junk at Gen Con 2013. Over four days we played well over a dozen new games. Out of all of them, Space Junk is the one we can't stop talking about. Like most really good games, it has a few simple mechanics that support many strategies for winning and has high replayability. Beyond that, it was just super fun. We spent two hours laughing and having a great time. That is the highest praise you can give any game."
~ Matthew Daugherty
Dice Tower Preview:
Undead Viking Review:
Crits Happen- Critical Preview
First off- when we hit 100 backers we will add Custom Dice to every copy of Space Junk! ~~~~~~~UNLOCKED!!~~~~~~~~
$9,000- 5 additional Junk Cards added to every copy! ~~~~UNLOCKED!!~~~~
$10,000- Additional Character added to every copy- Jenny, the child genius..~~~~~~~UNLOCKED!!~~~~~~~
$11,000- 5 additional Junk Cards added to every copy! ~~~~~~~UNLOCKED!~~~~~~~
$12,000- 5 additional Junk Cards added to every copy!
$13,000- 5 additional Junk Cards added to every copy!
$14,000- 5 additional Junk Cards added to every copy!
$15,000- Additional Character added to every copy! (This will be a community created character, you will get the chance to vote if your a backer!)
$16,000- 5 additional Junk Cards added to every copy!
$17,000- 5 additional Junk Cards added to every copy!
$18,000- 5 additional Junk Cards added to every copy!
$19,000- 5 additional Junk Cards added to every copy!
$20,000- Every Backer eligible for stretch goals will get a free copy of our dual trick taking card game, Don't Get Mad- Get Evens!
Risks and challenges
Space Junk is in its final stages (85-90% complete), the artwork and design are almost done and are on schedule. We are privileged to be working with great, experienced professionals who make the process as simple as possible.
Our plan is still to have all of the games shipped out to backers in July of 2014 and that is on track as well. We have already started work with the manufacturer, the files have all been designed to their specs and will be transferred to start the actual proofing process as soon as the project is funded.
The rules book will be the last file sent over, this will give us some time to make tweaks and proofread everything thoroughly.
The bulk of the shipping will be done directly through Amazon. We will be having the factory ship bulk orders to the UK, Germany, the US and Canada. We do not foresee any challenges with shipping that we can't overcome.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)