IDEAS TO INVOICES
This podcast features interviews with the movers and shakers in Austin’s technology industry and San Antonio's technology industry. (And if anyone from Dallas or Houston makes a big pledge we'll take the show on the road) The interviews will be focused on select entrepreneurs or topical on subjects such as driver less cars, clean energy, women in tech, coworking spaces, food startups, cloud computing, mobile apps, edu-tech, fintech, social media trends, hottest startups, bitcoin industry, trends in transportation, holograms, emerging space industry, angel investors, Venture Capital, Bootstrapping, Techstars, Life sciences industry, medical technology startups, SXSW Interactive, the impact of ridesharing and Unicorns and the Dot Com Bubble, Lessons learned from Failure.
- 17 percent of US adults had listened to a podcast during the month leading up to an annual survey in 2014. That was a 9 percent increase from 2008
- . In 2013, Apple surpassed 1 billion podcast subscriptions
- .1 in 4 podcast listeners plug their smartphone or MP3 player into their car
- By 2025, 50 percent of cars will have Internet connectivity.
- As of 2014, 58 percent of Americans own a smartphone
- .67 percent of podcast listeners don’t mind sponsorship messages and occasionally find them useful, compared to only 6 percent positive sentiment expressed for the advertising approaches of television or commercial radio.
Source: Search Engine Journal and Damien Radcliffe, journalism professor University of Oregon
- 35,000 unique monthly visitors
- More than 10,000 followers on Social Media
- Thousands signed up for Silicon Hills News weekly newsletter
- Produced seven editions of a 32 page print magazine
- Produced three annual Technology calendars
- Completed two successful Kickstarter campaigns
- Completely bootstrapped, no outside investors
- The only woman-founded and woman-owned technology news site in Central Texas
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
The money raised will be used to buy podcasting gear including a $120 Heil Sound PL2T Topless Boom Mount
A Shure SM7B Vocal Microphone for $350
Sony MDR7506 Professional Headphones for $130
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 $250 pre-amp/USB interface combo
Zoom RC4 Wired Remote Control For Zoom H4n and Zoom H4N PRO Digital Multitrack Recorder - 2016 Version Bundle $223.51
Plus podcasting software and hosting costs.
If we raise additional funds, it will go to buy additional equipment and to pay for professional podcasting services, music licensing fees and more costs associated with creating a high quality podcast.
What Does it Cost to Sponsor the Podcast Once it Launches?
A 15-second Pre-roll sells for $250
A 30-second mid-roll sells for $350
The cost for a pre-roll/mid-roll combination per podcast is $550
Three sponsors per podcast at $550 each
Three annual season sponsors at $25,000 each - A season is 32 episodes
*based on 10,000 downloads, prices increase once we hit 20,000 downloads per podcast
Risks and challenges
We have successfully completed two Kickstarter campaigns and projects. We do not anticipate any problems with this one.
However, this is our first podcast so we are sure to have aches and pains associated with the first season.
But we don't expect any production problems and if we do encounter them we will work through them.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
It may be before the end of the year but that will be a soft-launch with some initial episodes. More likely the main launch will be in January.
Because it fills a need in the community and it showcases all of the exciting entrepreneurs and companies in Central Texas. And it's going to be fun.
Of course! We want ideas to come from listeners. Please send suggestions to Laura@SiliconHillsNews.com
We hope to do the first live recording in February at a location yet to be determined. We plan to move the show around to various venues.
Yes, please sign up on one of the pledges or contact Laura@SiliconHillsNews.com. The sponsorship opportunities are limited.
It will be available on our website SiliconHillsNews.com but we will also submit it to Soundcloud and iTunes.
Support this project
- (29 days)