Lalaframe is a tiny San Francisco based company with passion for product creation and innovative ideas. We created lalaframe to introduce a modern greeting card that reflects our 21st century technology, as well as being fun and personal. Why are we so obsessed with lalaframe? because we are super weird about gift giving and love to surprise our friends and loved ones. We were fed up with all the impersonal mass-created greeting cards and wanted to make a card that is customizable and reflective of us and our relationships.
No more headaches in between the card isle looking for the perfect card. Lalaframe gives you full control to make a card that is truly your own.
1. Take a video.
Have full control over what goes into your greeting card. Whether you want to shoot a video with your iphone, sing a song, or compile a series of photos from past memories, you have the choice to truly make it your own. Be as weird and corky as your heart desires.
2. Upload it on the card.
Simply use the USB cable that comes with the card to upload your file. Connect the card to your computer and drop the file in the folder. Voila!
Surprising someone special and making a loved one smile is one of the greatest joys of life. and let's be honest, we all love a good surprise.
"When we are surprised, our emotions intensify up to 400 percent." -Tania Luna
SO what kind of sorcery is this?
Our video cards consist of a 7" LCD screen, a speaker, a 512 MB memory card to store content, plus a rechargeable battery that will last between 30-60 minutes per (constant) use. The memory can store a video with an approximate duration of 25 minutes, the duration depends on the quality of the video. A high quality video shot with a professional DSLR camera can be up to 15 minutes long.
Three (3) different designs to choose from:
I love you.
Our I love you card is our -make your loved one smile- special. We have a limited number of 40 that we are shipping out as soon as we have the first lalaframes made.
Happy Birthday cards are available too! Wishing a happy birthday to a dear friend or a loved one doesn’t have to be boring.
And of course a white blank card. Do as your heart desires. This card is ready to be customized by you. You can paste a photograph on it. Write a poem or put minion stickers on it. Or just leave it blank for a super minimal (Marie Kondo style) look. whatever you feel like.
Recharge & Reuse!
Lalaframe is not a single-use card. Our cards are meant to be reusable, the battery is rechargeable and the card can be used and passed on as many times as you'd like. You don't have to keep the card and put it next to the pile of paper greeting cards, you can just keep the video on your computer, and then pass on the card and share the love.
Simply use the USB cable to charge the card.
Name any occasion and lalaframe can be used as a personal and unique gift. Uses are truly limitless:
- Father's day / Mother's day gift
- Anniversary present
- Christmas card
- Valentine's day surprise
- Birthday card
- Baby news
- Graduation announcement
- Promotional / marketing material
- Goodbye note to a colleague to being used as
- A wedding, bridesmaid, or bar mitzvah invitation, to being used to simply make someone smile and feel special. The uses are endless.
Some not-so-conventional uses...
- Breaking-up with your significant other and making it less awkward for you both.
- Bye Bye! Letting your parents know you are going to be quitting your job and traveling for a year.
- Breaking the news of your new baby to your family.
Most video formats work on lalaframe cards, such as : AVI/MP4/3GP/WMV or full format. For best results, use a standard 16:9 widescreen ratio for the video, (youtube video ratio).
- imovie is an amazing and super easy tool to use.
- There are lots of online video creation tools that will allow you to use their simple content creation tools to make videos for free or a cheap price.
How to shoot?
- There are sooo many ways! Some of the easy ways we recommend are:
- Shooting a video with your iphone/imovie
- Sing a song / talk / do something funny and put it in the card!
- Put something scary in the video and ship it to someone (for people with healthy functioning hearts).
- Compile a series of photos / videos from past memories, (past trips, funny / precious moments).
AUDIO QUALITY :
Making this project come to life has been a dream come true! I hope that through lalaframe you get to express yourself fully and uninhibitedly. Thank you for supporting us :)
Risks and challenges
While we understand that each project has it's challenges and risks, at lalaframe we have mapped out a strategy that will maximize our success rate with production and with delivering our products in a timely manner. We have already set up our manufacturing and production plan and if Lalaframe is successfully funded, we will use the funds to manufacture the products.
We are confident in our plan and we will do everything in our power to get the lalaframe cards into your hands by November of 2019.
Thank you for making this project happen! :)Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (56 days)