Province Deluxe Edition (Canceled)
Province is back! The new Deluxe Edition features the same quick-to-learn two-player eurogame fun at a deluxe size with two boards!
Province is our sold out two-player game where you must manage your resources and workers to build, complete goals, and score the most victory points to win! It features eurogame strategy and only takes about 25 minutes to play. It also has extremely low language dependence.
To succeed you need to manage a communal worker pool representing the available workers in your town. Players move their workers to generate resources (Labor and Coin) that are used to build the various Structures, which in turn affect resource generation. But your opponent can also move the workers leaving you without the resources you need!
With over 10,000 games sold, we're out of copies! Rather than just do a reprint, we have revisited every part of the game to make it bigger and better! The original version was extremely travel friendly, and this new edition makes everything more manageable during play while still maintaining a very portable size (the new board is 5.75" x 7.75" / 14.605cm x 19.685cm). It also features the classic game with a new alternate board for those who want a new challenge.
The game includes the new larger double-sided board, bigger coins, bigger structures, bigger goal tokens, the new guild contract, wooden cubes for labor tracking, 12 wooden meeples, a custom wooden die, and a manual!
The new board isn't just for show. We designed the structures featured on it to create gameplay moments not possible on the original board. The new board has 6 new structures, and 2 returning structures.
Structure costs and effects differ from the original board which makes for a new buying curve, new problems to solve, and new ways to hinder your opponent.
- Still Small - Province Deluxe may be a lot larger than the original version of the game, but the new box still only measures 6"⨉8"⨉1.25". It's easy to fit in any bag or backpack, and doesn't take up a lot of room on the table.
- Elegant Mechanics and Tough Decisions - The way you interact with Province is simple; move some workers, get some resources, and spend them. But wherever you leave the workers is where they'll be on your opponent's turn - so denying your opponent resources and planning ahead a turn or two to get the resources you need is challenging and fun.
- Quick Gameplay - Once you really know what you're doing, a game of Province can go by in about 15 minutes. Reevaluate your strategies, change your buying order, focus on denying resources, switch which board you're playing with. In the time it takes to play one eurogame, you can get a few radically different games of Province in!
- A 2 Player Euro - Most eurogames struggle when played with just 2 players. Province was tightly designed for only 2 players, making for a great experience that isn't watered down or compromised.
People love Province! We've been overwhelmingly flattered by all of the kind things people have had to say about this game! Check out all of these reviews:
Undead Viking Preview of the new Deluxe Edition
The Dice Tower Review of Province - Dice Tower Approved!
Drive Thru Review's Review of Province
TheOneTAR's Preview of Province
Weaponsgrade's Preview of Province
The Dreaded Geek's Preview of Province
Curious about how to play? You can find the updated rules through the link below. Stretch goals will allow us to include more official languages!
You can also check out our video from the original game.
There are also a lot of subtitles options for the video, so if English isn't your first language, give those a try!
We're estimating a May delivery. Why so quick? We've chosen to do our manufacturing in the US for Shift, Province, Shadow of the Elder Gods, and 100 Swords. We've been very happy with the communication, quick manufacturing timelines, and constantly improving production quality, and so we're continuing in that tradition. While it can be slightly more expensive, at the end of the day you're getting high-quality, ethically produced games with crazy-fast turnaround times! No waiting on slow trans-pacific cargo ships.
After successfully fulfilling both Shadow of the Elder Gods and 100 Swords, we're continuing to use Customs-Friendly Worldwide™ by Ship Naked. This is the same method that Gamelyn Games used for their Tiny Epic series which has shipped thousands of copies of Tiny Epic Kingdoms and Tiny Epic Defenders to international backers without incident. This is the same method that White Wizard Games (the makers of Star Realms) is using for the Epic Card Game. As a result, you should not get hit with customs, brokerage, or import fees. Customs-Friendly Worldwide from Ship Naked is Worry-Free Shipping™. That means that if you do have any issues or costs associated with customs, brokerage, or other fees of importing, you'll simply email Help@ShipNaked.com and they will coordinate reimbursement for you directly.
2016 Shipping Rate Update Notice
At the start of each year, carriers (FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, etc) increase their rates as their costs go up. This year (January 2016) the increases were particularly notable (some services went up between 25% and 42%!). Ship Naked works with multiple carriers so that they can select the most cost-effective option for your packages. Province Deluxe is one of the first campaigns to use these new rates. In fact, we're offering a slight discount. If you're surprised by the higher rates, know you're getting the best deal out there.
Looking for other ways to support Province Deluxe Edition? Look no further! Here are a few links you can use to get the word out:
- Click here to tweet about this Kickstarter on Twitter!
- Click here to share this Kickstarter to Facebook!
- Click here to go to Board Game Geek where you can thumb up images.
You can also download our avatars and share the love on message boards and forums.
Province Deluxe Edition has two minor gameplay tweaks - they aren't extreme, but we feel they improve the game!
- Harbor and Tavern Probabilities - In the original version of province, you cast two coins to see what the boats brought into the harbor. This meant that you were 25% likely to get labor, 25% likely to get coin, and 50% likely to hire a worker. Casting coins was necessary for shipping the game in an envelope, but the original prototypes used dice - just like Province Deluxe Edition. The new probabilities are 33.3% across the board - meaning the Harbor and Tavern will generate resources more often which in turn make them slightly more valuable.
- Immediate Goal Resolution and Reveal - The old rules for goals were that when one goal was finished, you immediately reveal the next goal. This meant that some games had a cascading effect where goals were completed one after another. In Province Deluxe Edition, the rules state that you can only reward one goal per turn, and a new goal is revealed at the beginning of the next player's turn. This means games will be less erratic, while maintaining the capacity to end from all goals being completed.
In 2013 we designed, developed, and published our very first microgame with the help of backers like you! Shift is a dueling card game that boils down Japanese-style CCG's into a single card. All you need is a friend, two cards, and some coins to throw-down in an epic anime inspired battle! It was even published in Brazil by our friends at Funbox Jogos!
In Spring 2014, we Kickstarted the original Province, which has over 10,000 copies to date. It was also our first game to reach stores. Province tackled the challenge of making a competitive two-player micro eurogame. We think it's pretty swell. Other people seem to agree!
In Fall 2015, we brought our micro ameritrash game, Shadow of the Elder Gods, to Kickstarter. In it, 1-4 players work together to stop a deck of eldritch threats from bringing about the end of all things. Shadow of the Elder Gods is a big game in a small box, and it's now in stores thanks to backers like you!
We also successfully funded 100 Swords, our amazing two-player micro deck building game where you collect swords and defeat monsters to get the most gold!
With your help Province Deluxe Edition will bring Province back to market in this awesome new version!
Risks and challenges
This is our fifth time working with our manufacturing partner. If there are drastic manufacturing issues, there will be problems delivering the rewards. However, by choosing a printer in the US, we have the additional benefit of easier accountability if the product fails to meet our expectations. We've handled the manufacturing of over 16,000 games with our previous projects, and we've learned from that experience.
Every project introduces new challenges. If you look at our updates for 100 Swords, Shadows of the Elder Gods, Province, and Shift, you will see that we try to balance update spam with important news. We make great efforts to keep you informed of exactly where the project is in the production pipeline, and we're always happy to answer questions here on Kickstarter or via email.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)