We want to inform you that we’ve already shipped more than 1000 units!!
We started with small batches to different locations word wide to have everything under control and be sure that all of them arrived to their destinations. We’ve now increased our shipping rate to 300 units per week and we hope to keep increasing this rate.
We’re receiving a lot of feedback about the mobile apps and we’re already working in each of them. Most of them will be solved in the following versions of the apps.
A new version of the Light OS (v1.08.46) has just been released, which fixes the issues with mobile notifications in iOS devices.
Also, a new version of the iOS app is in revision now, which also fixes some of the issues with the Bluetooth connection.
The Android App has also been updated this week with some new awesome functionalities:
- Text to light (Labs section): Use your L8 as a text display
- Chained L8ies: compose a message with multiple L8ties (paper plane icon)
- Integration with Philips Hue (Labs): Change the Hue colors with the L8
- Sensors notifications: changes on the sensors generates an app notification in your phone.
- Filter Whatsapp and incoming call notifications by contact.
Also, we want to share with you some of the new developments we’re working on and that will be released very soon:
- Chrome App for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, through USB and BT. Chrome Apps are native that use the Google Chrome browser multiplatform capabilities. With our Chrome App you'll be able to control your L8, read it's sensors, run apps, and many other features that we'll be releasing regularly.
- Multicontrol. Android and iOS apps will be able to control multiple L8s simultaneously.
- iBeacons: We’re implementing the iBeacon protocol inside the L8 software so that it can behave as an iBeacon. This open up a lot of possibilities and futures uses of the L8.
Along the coming weeks we’ll go on with the shipping's and implementing these features.
We also want to introduce the new support forums where we want to unify all the support information and make it the place where you can solve all your questions.
You can access now following this link: http://forums.l8smartlight.com/
Thank you very much to all of you, to those who have already received your L8s for your feedback and suggestions, and to those who are still waiting for it, for your patience and understanding. We hope that when you receive it, it meets your expectations.
The L8 Team.