A grassroots project to bring original live music acts together to create & promote a compilation CD showcasing the talent in Kalamazoo
A grassroots collaborative project designed to bring local original live musical acts together to create and cross-promote a compilation CD showcasing the talented original bands and diverse performing musical artists in the greater Kalamazoo music scene and 269 area. In accordance, a festival will be created featuring the musical acts on the compilation CD.
Who this will benefit:
City of Kalamazoo
How will this benefit:
For musicians it will be a great way to promote not only their music but other musicians music as well. The CD will be sent out to producers around the country.
The CD Compilation accompanied by a Festival will help get Kalamazoo on the national music map which in turn will get musicians from outside Kalamazoo wanting to play at the various venues in town.
The requirements for being on this cd are:
- You must be a current original band, duo, or solo artist based in Kalamazoo and its immediate surrounding area (Battle Creek, Schoolcraft, etc).
- You must be willing to help cross-promote your fellow Kalamazoo bands by giving away or selling the cd at your shows.
- You must have a decent-quality ORIGINAL song ready to be put on the cd now. Upload the highest quality version available! Ideally the wav or aiff file, not an mp3.
Additionally, we strongly encourage:
- We consider music an art form and WILL NOT censor any material submitted. However, any song submitted that contains ‘offensive’ lyrics will obviously be excluded from any radio play. FCC rules.
- The more the selected bands get involved in this project, the better the success will be! Take an active interest in how you can help us help you and help each other. Become part of the project and don’t just wait for us to hand you stuff and leave.
Now, this is how it’s gonna work:
First, we will gather up all the submissions from all the interested bands. Then we’ll comb through every single submission and make our selections (up to 36). The selections will be announced and posted. Then we get to making the cds. Once the cd is released, each band will get their share of cds to sell or give away and have an opportunity to perform a 20 minute all original music set (no cover songs allowed!) at the CD Compilation Festival.
Once we reach our goal we will begin accepting submissions. Deadline for donations is October 3rd, 2012.