Making the board game and Kickstarter Exclusives
We’re delighted to reveal that Exclusive Kickstarter cards are coming to Cabals: The Board Game! These cards will only be available through Kickstarter campaigns and are being designed by a number of important collaborators of ours. Designing exclusive cards are the following amazing individuals:
- Karoliina Korppoo who is Lead Designer at Colossal Order the mastermind behind Cities: Skylines.
- David B. Talton Jr. the President of Level99Games who has run numerous successful Kickstarter projects and creates outstanding games.
- Timo Multamäki CEO at Dawn Matrix the creator of Phantom League, Black Hat and Zanziar board games.
- Jari Paananen Artist at Traplight Games that is bringing out the awesome iOS game What on Earth available this year.
- Jouni Jussila CEO at Playmore Games that brings you fusion games that combine boardgames with digital devices.
Please extend your warm gratitude to these people and we look forward to bringing you their designs!
Also one of the key developers behind Cabals: The Board Game has just published Part 1 of the story behind making the game. This brings you a special insight into what has gone into making Cabals: The Board Game. Here is an excerpt to whet your appetite:
“Another thing we discovered was that the game itself was such a captivating and intensive experience that nobody remembered to put the actual cards to the discard pile until after a unit was destroyed.
So, we left the unit tokens out of the game. Everything needs to be visible on the board and everything must happen within those tiles to give players clear indicators what is the current status of the game. Too bad - we were already imagining playing the game with 4 inch miniatures…”
Be sure to read “Back and forth from digital to physical, game dev blog (Part 1)“ in full and we will let you know when part 2 is published!
Happy backing everyone!