Jaws of Extinction
To endure and conquer the open world of Eden-Nadir, fight, build and adapt in this exceptional non-linear single/multiplayer game.
In the apocalyptic lands of Eden-Nadir, survivors must endure and conquer the open world to outlast The Wanderers. Alone or with friends, you will be faced with many tough decisions which will impact the world around you. Whether you choose to challenge yourself in the non-linear story or go off the beaten path, you will need evolve your character and playstyle to survive.
Players will have to fight to survive from the moment their journey begins. You may decide to work alongside fellow survivors and create a safe new world in which everyone can thrive, or you may choose to fortify areas of Eden-Nadir and rule with an iron fist. However, be cautious, your actions and integrity will affect how the island, its inhabitants and other players respond to you.
Discover and claim Eden-Nadir’s vast landscape; from sweeping corn fields to sun-dappled forests, murky swamps to beautiful seashores, deserted towns and fortified cities to quaint villages and countryside retreats. You can build, defend, hunt, fight, scavenge and ambush… the choice is yours, how will you survive?
- A Unique Non-linear Storyline - Follow JoE’s immersive story, alone or with friends, to uncover the island’s secrets and gain unique rewards.
- Single Player / Cooperative / Multiplayer - Survive from The Wanderers alone, explore Eden-Nadir privately with up to 4 friends or defend your territory from other players in online multiplayer.
- 1st/3rd person view - JoE will allow you to switch between first and third person views to suit your play style; additionally, we have also included a mechanic for players to swap shoulder views - we’ve got you covered lefties.
World Events and Quests - In addition to the main storyline flowing through Eden-Nadir, we will also integrate a dynamic quest system which allows you and your friends to interact or interrupt ongoing quests and world events.
- Player Skill System - Increase your chances of survival by developing the skills you feel are the most important. The JoE skills system evolves as you do; the more you practice an ability, the better you’ll get at doing it.
- Player Building System - Whether you wish to claim native buildings and fortify them, or custom-build your own encampment, the player building system allows you the freedom to customise your own territory.
- Player Crafting System - Using the expansive crafting system, players will be able to create and upgrade weapons and utility items they will need to survive.
- Vehicles / Upgrades - Vehicles won’t always be easy to get hold of within the apocalyptic lands of Eden-Nadir. However, given the right equipment, you will be able to transform and upgrade them into zombie smooshing machines.
- Friendly Non-Playable Characters - Despite the dubious nature of Eden-Nadir’s natives, the island will contain various friendly NPC’s who may have quests, items to trade - or if you’re lucky, may even follow you into battle.
- Rich Wildlife - Eden-Nadir boasts a wide range of wildlife; however, these animals won’t just be for decoration - whether you wish to try your hand at taming, or harvest them for materials, you will always be able to find a use for them.
- Diverse Enemies - Within the hazardous world Eden-Nadir, players will be faced with many survival challenges - these challenges will be made worse by the onslaught of opposition. Whether it be Wanderers, corrupt military or rogue survivors - enemies will not stop until you are in the ground. In addition to the average Wanderer, JoE will also include various Hybrids which will push you to your limits.
- In-game Currency - Go shopping and purchase unique items, upgrades and essentials from JoE’s various vendors. When implemented, players will be able to buy/sell from players and NPC’s, even if they’re outside the Safe-zones. (microtransaction free!)
Survival - The survival mechanics are designed to mimic real life as closely as possible. For example, an average person can survive for approximately 3 weeks without food and 3 days without water.
Amongst other conditions, Hydration, Hunger and Temperature all contribute towards a player’s Energy and Health. Be sure to eat and hydrate regularly, or you'll suffer the consequences.
The KYE Creations development team have been working hard to give you the survival game we've all been waiting for. Here are the people that have made this possible.
We regularly keep the community up-to-date with our progress by posting on social media; from screenshots of scenery around Eden-Nadir to Works in Progress of our latest assets and game features. We also speak regularly to our followers on our official Discord server.
Your opinion matters to us, so come join us:
In addition to the main character, we are also offering the chance to play as three new protagonists, before anyone else. If unlocked in a backer reward, you will receive the characters to play as DLC during Early Access.
For more information about the characters, click the image below.
Risks and challenges
Jaws of Extinction is an ambitious project for an independant studio; undertaking such a venture is undoubtedly a challenge, however, our determination, passion and extensive experience has already brought us this far. We will continue to learn and develop into the future.
Ultimately, we wish to bring JoE to the console platform. However, we have only currently developed the project for PC. This expansion will take time, so we must be realistic with our timeline and scope.
We are prepared for the unexpected. Things go wrong sometimes; problems arise that you can't control, but we're flexible and ready for whatever challenges await us.
- (30 days)