Born on the road on a climbing trip from Colorado to California, Kush Climbing was designed by climbers who value sustainable and creative adventures. We looked for a sustainable crash pad that was truly customizable. Our search left us empty handed. What else could we do but develop a line of products that have a low environmental impact without compromising on design.
Giving Back. Supporting the community and our environment that make our passions possible is our highest priority. 2% of sales are donated to charitable organizations. Following Patagonia's lead, we donate 1% to the environment and the other 1% goes to social causes and nonprofits like Paradox Sports.
Carry sustainably made works art to your favorite bouldering spots.
Sustainable Materials - Kush Crash Pads are the world's first hemp crash pad. We also use nylon made with recycled deep sea fishing nets, reducing hundreds of pounds of CO2 emissions each year. We are committed to pushing the limits of sustainability and design. Our fabrics are sourced right here in the Colorado Rockies.
Kush Foam - Multi-layered open and closed cell foams make up the bulk of the Kush Crash Pad. Taco style and weighing only 13 lbs. the Kush pad is best stored open and in a place where all of your friends can see.
Customized Design - The Kush Crash Pad features realistic graphics in a world of cut-out fabric strips, opening a world of possibilities for customization. The photo quality designs are unprecedented in crash pad history. We believe in promoting art in the outdoors. Teaming up with artists from around the world has given us the opportunity to show the creative side of the climbing community in locations that we love.
Our products started with a heavy emphasis on design. Industrial designers, great friends, and serious climbers helped bring us to the next level.
OG Kush Pad™ Specifications
Printed Hemp Canvas
- 100% Hemp
- No herbicides or pesticides used in growing.
- Inherently Anti-Microbial
- UV Factor: SPF 15
- Certifications: Sustainable Biodegradable Products, Certified to OE Blended Standard, International Organization for Standardization, ASTM International Standards Worldwide, NFPA International, ATCC, USDA Certified Biobased Product.
Regen™ Recycled Nylon
- 100% Recycled Nylon Twill Woven Fabric.
- Polyurethane Coated, Durable Water Repelled Finish.
- Same 1st Quality & Performance as Virgin Nylon.
- Made from pre- and post- consumer goods of discarded fishing nets. Reduce waste to landfill.
- Reduces marine pollution.
- Conserves petroleum resources.
- Reduces green house has emissions.
- Every 2200 lbs of regen™ 210D Coated Recycled Nylon Fabric reduces atmospheric CO2 emissions by 4600 lbs. That is the equivalent atmospheric CO2 emission of an average car driving almost 6100 miles. It would require 125 50-year old deciduous trees a whole year to absorb that much atmospheric CO2.
- Global Recycle Standard (GRS) Certified.
- Size Open: 51" x 38" x 4"
- Size Closed: 38" x 25.5" x 8"
- Foam: 4" (1" Open, 1" Closed, 2" Open)
- Weight: 13lbs
- Fold Type: Taco hybrid
$25K Stretch Goal: Artist Series Kush Pad featuring Caleb Freese.
If we reach our goal by August 12th, each backer who is getting a Custom Kush Pad will automatically have the opportunity to receive a Limited Edition Artist Series design.
In collaboration with Brooklyn Boulders and artist Caleb Freese, we are happy to announce the Candy Crash Saga Limited Edition Crash Pad.
Artist Caleb Freese has worked with us to create the world’s first artist series crash pad. The Candy Crash Saga shows exactly what is possible when you think outside the box and explore the realms of art, sustainability and adventure.
This Kush Crash Pad will allow you to carry a functional art piece to wild spaces. Help make our mission of creating outdoor art installations a reality by getting us to $25K funding.
2% of the sales for the Candy Crash Saga will go to the Center for Biological Diversity, a non-profit chosen by the artist Caleb Freese.
Backers who pledged for the OG Kush Pad, and are stoked on the Artist Series Kush Pad can upgrade by clicking "Manage your pledge" button on your Kickstarter profile.
Risks and challenges
We have carefully thought through each phase of this process, however, we also acknowledge that every project comes with its own risks, challenges, and unknowns. We will communicate with our backers making sure they are the first to know if any delays arise.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)