We Have Reached Our $10,000 Stretch Goal! You are all Amazing! Thank you so very very very much!
Now everyone who pledged $30+ will also be receiving the Peach Twins Audio Book version as well as the Peach Twins Book will be shipped to all of you by March 2014.
Thank you again for helping us achieve this amazing goal, remember you are amazing, wonderful and awesome people. Thank you!
If you would like to get more information about us or our project please go to www.peachtwins.com
What we believe:
We believe that all children should be given all the tools and resources necessary to reach their dreams, happiness and goals.
But millions of students are being let down by our current educational system year after year. Now that Michael has completed his doctorate in education, he knows he must step up and do something about it. Therefore, he is making it his life's mission to create these tools and resources for parents and their children to allow them to follow their dreams, be successful and live happily.
The Peach Twins book is our first step to bringing these tools and resources into their hands. We need your help to make it happen, please pledge by clicking on the reward on the right side that most resonates with you. Then please share our kickstarter with like minded people who care about empowering parents and their children.
Thank you very much, we appreciate your support in this effort!
What Is The Peach Twins?
We are passionate about improving education for all children and the importance of reading to your child early on in order to build the strongest foundation for your child's future success. We hope to start with "The Magical Peach Twins and Friends: The Legend of How the Peach Twins Saved Breakfast" (The Peach Twins) book as a means to promote your child's learning. We eventually plan to create a complete educational system to improve your child's education and life.
The Peach Twins is a fun, uplifting and updated version of the Japanese folktale called Momotaro (or the Peach Boy). The Peach Twins is specially designed to empower your child by building their vocabulary and color recognition as well as instill the love of learning while making reading fun for both you and your child.
The story follows the Peach Twins as they go on an adventure, making new friends and learning life lessons along the way. Ultimately, they find the “evil doers” who they eventually defeat by using problem solving and teamwork, without the gory violence from the original story.
Currently, The Peach Twins has been written and edited, and going through its final draft. It will have over 80+ pages of full color illustrations that need to be completed. This Kickstarter's main goal is to provide resources to complete the illustrations in the book and cover production costs. Stretch goals have been created depending on funding amount to provide additional resources to you and your child. (More info about the goals can be seen below, but first let's tell you a little about ourselves and what you receive for supporting us!)
Who Are The Kurland Brothers?
Dr. Michael Kurland, Ed.D. has worked in the field of education for over 8+ years, teaching, advising and consulting for universities and schools such as USC and UC Davis. Both his master’s and doctorate degrees are in education from USC with a specialization in learning, motivation, and efficiency.
Artist David Kurland has been a professional painter, illustrator and animator for over 13+ years. David previously worked on the FOX prime time animated series King of the Hill.
And we will both continue to work amazingly hard to get the Peach Twins to you as soon as possible.
What Do I Get For Supporting The Creation Of The Peach Twins? (Rewards)
We wanted to make sure there are unique and exciting rewards for you, so we spent a lot of time thinking up the most interesting and best possible rewards to give to you, our supporters, the people who matter most for our project. This is a partial list of what we came up with:
List of Unique and Exciting Rewards:
- Unique Opportunity For 1 Supporter Only: DEDICATE the Peach Twins Book to Someone Special to You! You will be able to write 60 words or less and have it printed on our dedication page of the book for all to see. An amazing, once in a life time gift for your child or grandchild.
- Exclusive to 6 Supporters: The Kurland Brother's Comes to YOUR Child's Elementary School or an elementary school of your choice for a reading, workshop, and prizes: Lots of books, even more bookmarks, and more surprises; as well as a book signing and/or crafts.
- Exclusive Opportunity for 17 Supporters: You, Your Child, Friend or Family Member's Likeness Will Be DRAWN INTO THE BOOK to Be Seen Forever. Picture will be drawn from a photograph and the reward comes with a framed close-up print of the drawn person in the book and full page print.
- Own a FRAMED SIGNED ORIGINAL ONE OF A KIND ART COLLAGE including: an original dummy book page and other book art page prints. We only have as many of these as pages in our originally created dummy book, or visual mock-ups of book. [Available to only 84 supporters!]
- Receive 1-hour Learning and Motivation COACHING with Dr. Michael Kurland, Ed.D. over Skype/phone to establish a plan to improve your child's learning and/or goals, includes one profile completion and action plan (U.S. Only, K-12 students) [Exclusive to only 20 supporters!]
- Get the Kickstarter Exclusive LIMITED EDITION Hardcover Book. Because of the publishing being used we will only be printing our retail version of the book in softcover. But for this Kickstarter only, we will be creating a special limited edition signed and numbered hardcover book that will never be available for purchase in the future. [Limited to only 500 supporters!]
Also, everything that is limited in quantity will be numbered with our largest pledges receiving the first numbers; equal pledges will be given numbers randomly.
Also, there are 4 levels of supporters: Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. As a supporter, these are bonus rewards in addition to the other rewards listed on the right side.
- Platinum ($300+) = Receive a copy of each new book and DVD goal (see more in "Surpass Original Goal" Section Below) we reach as well as all ebook/audio/video files. Be acknowledged in Peach Twins book as a supporter. Name on website page at 18 point font as a Platinum supporter
- Gold ($100+) = Receive all ebook/audio/video files for all goals we reach and your name on website page 14 point font as a Gold supporter.
- Silver ($30+) = Receive all ebook/audio/video files for all goals we reach and your name on website page 12 point font as a Silver supporter.
- Bronze ($1+) = Your name on website page 10 point font as a Bronze supporter.
Take a look at all the rewards on the right-hand column. Please support us today by clicking on the reward that you like the most and make your pledge. Thank you!
What Are The Kurland Brothers Going To Do With The Money?
We need $5,000 to finish a high quality Peach Twins book and ship it to you by June 2014.
The money will be used for equipment and production fees to get you The Peach Twins as soon as possible.
How Do I Contact The Kurland Brothers?
All inquiries can be made by clicking the “Contact me” button on the right column next to Michael’s name or go to www.peachtwins.com
Thank YOU For Your Support!
First off, thank you for taking your time to read this and support us through this process!
Thank you very, very much for pledging money to support us and receive our many awesome rewards!
And thank you for spreading the word, by sharing this page to everyone you know that might be interested, as every little bit helps.
Also, thanks to Clarence Simpson (http://ccmixter.org/people/casimps1) for his awesome songs that we used in our video "Blue Breeze", "C Minor", and "Ukelele Fun."
Thanks to USC's TriSight Communications team (http://www.trisight.org/) for promoting our Kickstarter. As well as Deborah Ostojic.
Thanks to Kimiko Proctor, Jamie Liu Aviles, and Pamela Madry-Cox for allowing us to use their children's pictures.
Thanks to Creative Commons Pictures from Flickr at www.flickr.com/photos/ IDs: KOMUnews, jbj, USnavy, stevendepolo, aidanmorgan, chr1sp
Thank you http://kickingitforward.org for the support.
THANK YOU, EVERYONE!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!
Risks and challenges
We are committed to holding up on our end and getting everything to you that we say we will.
If any setbacks should arise, you will be the first to know, we believe in open communication and we aren't going to hide anything from you. We will send out updates every week even if it is "waiting on the printing", or "artist(s) completed X pages this week."
If you support us, we will do everything in our power to get you all your rewards, promise!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)