What´s the Wino board?
The Wino board is a small, Arduino compatible microcontroller gadget with built-in WiFi for only 10€. It´s easy to program and you can use it to connect it to almost any electronic device.
If you like to help us, you may choose between following rewards:
- The starter kit includes an USB-upgrade which powers the board, enables easy programming and serial communication.
- The Wireless starter kit also includes a battery Upgrade for mobile applications.
- A Programming board in the Professinal kit gives you more programming features (like debugger interface, FTDI) and an Arduino style header.
- The extended starter kit includes 5 Wino boards and one USB-Upgrade.
Wino board features:
- Arduino compatibility grants user friendly programming with thousands of code samples
- Perfect for mobile application due to its very low power consumption
- Stackable header to add upgrades easily
- Connect it to your home network, your Smartphone or tablet
- Out of the box internet capability over WiFi!
Please find more technical details at www.wino-board.com.
Why we need you!
Until now there is no really cheap and easy solution on the market which grants wireless access for your microcontroller to the internet over WiFi. So it´s quite expensive to realize the often proposed Internet of Things (IoT) at this time. We want to provide a more affordable solution which combines the benefits of the strong Arduino community and latest technology in one device. But we need your help to make this real!
- We need approx. 25,000€ to start mass production and bring our prototype in a customer ready device.
- Help us and get one of the first Wino boards
- Each pledge helps improve the board and it´s features
Make the Internet of Things become a reality.
We would like to provide a solution for beginners, makers, enthusiasts and also professionals to realize their ideas and bring the dream of the Internet of Things to life. There are endless possibilities like:
- Home automation, home control and home security
- Toys, fun projects or mutimedia applications
- Fitness and Medical devices DIY projects
and many more...
Risks and challenges
We put already a lot of work, money and passion in this project. There is still some work to do but now we are sure that we are able to finish device according to the communities needs. If the campaign succeeds we plan to build and test production ready modules. So we should be able to deliver the first already in August/September 2015.
What helps us to make the project successful:
- More then 10 years experience in product development
- After almost one year of development and the 4th version of a prototype we are finally ready to bring it to your home
- A lot of passion and we are big fans of maker devices like the Arduino and the Raspberry Pi
Are there other ways to help?
You can help us in many ways:
Share this campaign with your friends and family.
Give us your feedback.
Visit us at our homepage or on our facebook page.
Tell your friends about the Wino board.
We are very thankful for any kind of help.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)