This project's funding goal was not reached on May 12, 2013.
About this project
Support us at www.reloadsaves.com
As you may know, your Kickstarter pledge only activates if the funding goal is reached. Many of you awesome backers have indicated that you would love to see Reload happen. As we are obviously not going to make our goal on Kickstarter, we have decided to keep Reload alive. If you pledged toward Reload on Kickstarter, please consider backing us at ww.reloadsaves.com
Reload - The game save savior.
What about those sequels that use your old saves to reflect decisions you made in the previous game? These sequels are generally released years later and I have likely misplaced those saves by then. This leaves me with two choices - Play the game again, or download a save from the Web.
This is where Reload comes in.
- Manage all your saves from a single interface. No more Steam and Origin. No more messy user folder. Reload will copy your saves locally, to a network device, or even to a cloud-based storage facility.
- Full control and ease of use. Save iteratively, whether the game allows it or not. Create your own in-game keybinds, to save and restore your progress whenever you feel like it. You decide how, and how often, your saves get stored.
- Sync your saves. Play from where you left off, no matter what computer you are on.
- Data maintenance. Game saves can take up a lot of space. Reload will manage this if you have space or bandwidth constraints. You decide which saves should be kept and which should be deleted.
- Low on resources. Does its thing quietly and efficiently in the background.
- TLC. Developed by gamers, for gamers. We are a small team with customer-focused development, so no corporate directives and guidelines to govern us. Tell us what you want, and if it makes sense we’ll implement it.
- Lastly, but certainly not least, HASSLE-FREE gaming.
Where do you come in?
Although we have developed a working prototype, we need your help to get this product into the marketplace. Thank you for taking the time to read about this awesome project, and don’t forget to lend us your support!
Risks and challenges
Risks and Challenges? In terms of development - Zero. We already have a functional Pre-alpha version. Our largest challenge is getting the product to market (i.e. User-awareness) We cannot think of a more suitable platform than Kickstarter with which to achieve this.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Not at all. Reload does not require you to be online. You will still be able to backup to local devices, just not to DropBox or Google Drive as they are cloud-based.
Optionally, Reload can connect to a server to collect game-specific data such as the default save locations and box-art. Although this is not essential for Reload to function, we believe it to be a pretty nifty QoL improvement for users.
No, Reload is essentially a file-management tool, so you could use Reload to save game profiles, documents, pictures, or pretty much anything residing on your PC.
No, this is a QoL feature. Users can customize profiles to their heart’s content.
Reload will make iterative backups according to your settings. One of these features is the ability to back up your auto-saves upon creation/updating. You can then restore any of these backed-up saves by using in-game keybinds, effectively allowing you to bypass a game’s limitations.
While Reload will probably work with 99% of the games out there, nothing is infallible and we fully expect to see some anomalies. When these titles crop up, our team will do their best to code a workaround. Obviously, MMOs and games like Diablo III, that store player data on a server, will not be supported.
For the purpose of this Kickstarter campaign, we will be developing Reload specifically for Windows-based PCs, XP SP3 and up. Should this campaign be successful, and the demand high enough, we will consider developing for other platforms.
- (45 days)