Final Day Offer!
FLEXFIT branded yoga mat with case (mat is 68" x 24" x 1/8", case is 25 1/2" x 7" x 1/16") added to every order for only $20 more. Just add $20 to any pledge amount to receive this offer.
Thanks for your support!
- Sidelined by a fitness injury?
- Lower back pain from sitting all day?
- Tight hamstrings?
- Poor mobility?
- Self-Myofascial Release: Massage technique to stretch muscles to relieve tension
- Static Stretching: Holding a stretch for a period of time to lengthen muscles
- Trigger Point Therapy: Relieving of tight muscle points by applying pressure
- Stretching is key to increasing flexibility or range of motion.
- Maintaining flexibility can help reduce the risk of injuries.
- Proper stretching increases blood supply and oxygen flow to the brain.
- Stretching can reduce tension, relieve stress, lessen soreness and even improve posture.
- More oxygen results in a clearer mind and a better mood.
- Stretching makes people feel good.
We want to help people stretch, make it as easy as possible and make it fun. If it is fun, you will want to stretch. If you keep stretching, you will feel better. It is that simple!
ENGINEERED BEYOND THE COMPETITION - 8th generation design with each generation subjected to cycles of test, evaluation, design update and retest.
EVIDENCE BASED DESIGN - 6 week clinical study with results evaluated by The Micheli Center for Sports Injury Prevention. Results showed a 20% increase in range of motion (flexibility) for targeted muscle groups.
- Inspired by STEM
- Developed by Teens
- Tested by Fitness Experts
- Validated by Clinical Study
- Patent Pending Worldwide
- Assembled in the USA by Individuals with Disabilities
- A 3-in-1 self care wellness tool like no other.
- Stretch without strain or tension.
- Extremely lightweight at under one pound!
- One size adjustability works for all heights and flexibility levels.
- Our unique combination of features means almost endless stretching uses.
- FLEXFIT can be used anywhere, anytime by anyone.
- FLEXFIT travels well and loves company.
- Use it alone, with a friend or with everyone around you.
- Try it standing, sitting or even laying down.
- You will love how you feel!
FLEXFIT was inspired by an 8th grade STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) project of our co-presidents, Rachelle and Matthew, who are now Juniors in high school.
- The mission was simple.
- Reduce the risk of injury by promoting stretching.
- It was personal. They understood.
- Rachelle is a dancer. Matthew is a baseball pitcher.
- Both had already experienced the pain of athletic overuse injuries.
- They wanted to help their peers. They wanted to make a difference.
KRAM Wellness (Kinetic Range and Motion) was born from this passion. Parents Dave, Heather and Jack, who are engineering and entrepreneurial professionals, joined in on the journey.
2 ½ years later:
- We are ready to share our 8th generation FLEXFIT with everyone.
- Our design is patent pending worldwide.
- We are merging engineering and entrepreneurship for the next gen.
Taking a STEM concept to a proven product, do our teen founders have Shark Tank in their future?
Meet the Team:
Through networking we have developed relationships with fitness and health professionals that have driven the development of our initial concept into a production ready 8th generation design.
Networking. Education. Research. Action.
We’re giving a big shout out to Nick Normandin, CrossFit Coach and Fitness Expert and Sarah Davis, Physical Therapist and Wellness Coach who educated us on the many benefits of trigger point therapy and self-myofascial release through foam rolling.
- Their guidance tripled the uniqueness of FLEXFIT.
- From Static Stretching to a 3-in-1 Wellness Tool!
Feedback from over 100 evaluations of people of all ages and fitness levels was studied and solutions implemented to address every concern.
Networking also allowed us to conduct a 6 week full clinical study with results evaluated by The Micheli Center for Sports Injury Prevention. 40 participants aged 14-56 used FLEXFIT every day and range of motion measurements were taken at the beginning, the middle and the end.
Unbelievable experience. Fantastic feedback. Proven results.
Participants saw an average of a 20% increase in range of motion!
Our 7th generation is fully functional but we want to improve the trigger point therapy feature by replacing the off-the-shelf end caps with those custom shaped to maximize the effect.
We are currently working with a local plastics manufacturer for the steel tooling needed to produce our custom design. Because we have produced fully functional design prototypes which have been evaluated in test markets and validated by clinical study results, our production timeline from here is short.
Shipping in early December just in time for the holidays!
- $20,000 - Companion Stretching App (achieved!)
- $50,000 - Drawstring Bags in a choice of colors
We are proud that FLEXFIT will be assembled in the USA in Leominster, MA.
We are even prouder that we have partnered with The Arc of Opportunity, an organization who empowers individuals with disabilities by employing them in the workforce, to assemble FLEXFIT.
- FLEXFIT has been an ideal project for their vision.
- The Arc has been an inspiration for us.
We have been so fortunate on our journey that we want to share our experiences with other teens. Get them involved. Expand the energy.
We want to create jobs through the success of our Kickstarter campaign and hire local teenagers to assemble production FLEXFITs working alongside these great people from The Arc.
Practice compassion. Help our community. Pay it forward.
Definition of a FLEXFITTER: An awesome person who is experiencing the benefits of stretching using FLEXFIT!
- Really cool rewards will make you a FLEXFITTER for life!
- Kickstarter Exclusive - Skype Session with the founders.
- For every backer at the $5.00 level or higher, we'll add your name to our website. Check it out here:
Choose yours and join our FLEXFIT Revolution today!
Risks and challenges
Our initial challenges of product design and quality component selection have been successfully addressed with our 8th generation FLEXFIT. The design has been validated through proven clinical and real life testing and the results clearly show the benefits. Our prior generation prototypes have gone through many evaluations and have experienced months of use in a CrossFit facility and Dance studio.
Our remaining challenges with a successfully funded campaign will be final production and distribution in order to meet our quick turn delivery time depending upon the demand. We have really thought through our assembly process and have worked diligently with the Arc of Opportunity to set up an efficient and comfortable workspace. Our CTO (Chief Technology Officer), Jack, has created fixtures that not only streamline the process but also ensure accuracy and repeatability.
The fact that we will assemble and ship out of our local business facility here in the USA will allow us to personally oversee the full production process. Our plastics manufacturer is also within an hour’s drive of our location. Finally Dave, Heather and Jack have many years of experience with manufacturing and distribution.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)