* Badass Riders will be produced in English, French, German and Spanish.
** All the texts has been translated to english by us for prototyping purposes but they will be rewritten by professional native translators of each language for the final versions.
The strongest and most violent competition on wheels is about to start. The smell of petrol, blood, kerosene and gunpowder mix in a desert blurred with the scars caused by hundreds of tyres. The pilots howl with euphoria after the starting line while their mechanic frames roar waiting for the starting pistol shot. Missiles, machine guns, blades, explosive spears, antitank mines, the vehicles are ready to depart. Soon they pistons will go off and the sand below the tyres will explode. Badass Riders has just started.
Badass Riders is a competitive card game for 2 to 6 players who recreate a frenetic race of armed cars in a post-apocalyptic future. Each player chooses a vehicle and a pilot, both with their abilities and unique characteristics wich could be combined to give rise to different strategies. The terrain cards permit you to build the circuit on wich the vehicles will run. You can create or build completely personalised circuits, wich permits you to adjust the complexity and duration of the game by adding or more or less special terrains, collocating traps, sandstorms, snipers, arsenals or even a huge and monstrous sandworm.
Please be aware that this is an alpha version Rulebook. It is not final. Rules may still be tweaked and changed, layout and graphics may still be altered. The rulebook layout and graphic work is still in development and all aspects are subject to improvements.
Gameplay video (Spanish)
IMPORTANT: If you want to add an addon to your pledge just click on "Manage my pledge" button and add the cost of the addon to the amount of money of your pledge. After the campaign ends, in our Pledge Manager, you will be able to select the addons that you want to receive for your money.
*More info about the Four Horsemen expansion in the following updates:
Board Game Brawl (English)
*Board Game Brawl video says that the designer of Badass Riders is Rubén Segura. We want to clarify that it is an error. The designer is Pablo Rodríguez.
La mazmorra de Pacheco (Spanish)
Shown in Ludolaguna 2016
Badass Riders was shown in Ludolaguna 2016. The assistants could test the game and chat with the Koti Games team.
Shown in Jesta 2016
Badass Riders was presented in Jesta 2016.
As we can’t know how many stretch goals will be unlocked, and which will be the exact size and weight of the package, we will be charging shipping after the Kickstarter concludes based on the actual costs incurred to ship. We will collect this via our pledge manager after the campaign ends.
RIDER pledge level shipping
To ship to the following countries, as a rough estimation, will cost about:
- USA (except Hawaii & Alaska) and Canada: 7€ (Approx. $7.50 or £6)
- United Kingdom: 6.50€ (Approx. $7 or £5.50)
- Occidental EU (Austria, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Luxembourg, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, Spain): 5€ (Approx. $5.30 or £4)
- Rest of the EU countries: 7€ (Approx. $7.50 or £6)
- European countries outside the EU: 10€ (Approx. $10.50 or £8.50)
- Rest of the world: 15€ (Approx. $16 or £12.50)
This costs may increase or decrease based on the quantity of stretch goals we might unlock.
Extra copies of RIDER pledge
You can add extra copies of the Rider pledge to your order. Each extra copy will include unlocked stretch goals too. As a rough estimation, the shipping cost increment will be approximatelly:
- USA (except Hawaii & Alaska) and Canada: 5€ (Approx. $5.30 or £4) for each extra copy.
- United Kingdom: 3€ (Approx. $3.10 or £2.50) for each extra copy.
- Spain: no extra charge for adding more copies.
- Occidental EU except Spain (Austria, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Luxembourg, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden): 3€ (Approx. $3.10 or £2.50) for each extra copy.
- Rest of the EU countries: 5€ (Approx. $5.30 or £4) for each extra copy.
- European countries outside the EU: 5€ (Approx. $5.30 or £4) for each extra copy.
- Rest of the world: 7€ (Approx. $7.50 or £6) for each extra copy.
Our shipping rates are base on the size and weight of the parcel so extra elements like addons can increment the shipping cost. The weight and size of Four Horsemen expansion is similar to the core box and the miniatures pack (including 4 steed miniatures) have a similar weight too. As a rough estimation the shipping cost will increase:
- USA (except Hawaii & Alaska) and Canada: 4€ (Approx. $4.20 or £3.40) for each extra addon.
- United Kingdom: 2€ (Approx. $2.10 or £1.70) for each for each extra addon.
- Spain: no extra charge for addons.
- Occidental EU except Spain (Austria, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Luxembourg, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden): 2€ (Approx. $2.10 or £1.70) for each extra addon.
- Rest of the EU countries: 4€ (Approx. $4.20 or £3.40) for each extra addon.
- European countries outside the EU: 4€ (Approx. $4.20 or £3.40) for each extra addon.
- Rest of the world: 6€ (Approx. $6.30 or £5.10) for each extra addon.
Pick up in person
We have reached an agreement with Goblin Trader shops and those backers who wish may pick up the game in the Goblin Trader shops of the following Spanish cities without shipping cost: Madrid, Barcelona, Zaragoza and Palma de Mallorca.
Also there will be the possibility to pickup the rewards with no shipping charge in Valencia (Spain).
Rewards shipped to backers in USA, Canada, European Union and China are shipped from within those regions, and will not pay extra customs charges.
If you are a retailer contact us through private message to get a retailer price.
*Proof of business authenticity will be required after the campaign ends.
About Koti Games
Koti Games is a company created by four professionals from the video game industry: Carlos Fabregat, Patricia Ponce, Germán Zamorano and Rubén Segura, each with 8 to 10 years of experience, that are united by their love of board games. The video game industry has given them the necessary skills in game design, illustration, modeling, balancing and testing, that they needed to carry out this project.
About Pablo Rodríguez
Pablo is an enthusiast of board games and role-playing games and a designer of great talent. Pablo designed Badass Riders and when he proposed to us to work together to realize this project we do not hesitate for a moment. He has designed an easy-to-learn but incredibly addictive game. We are sure that this will be the first of many projects working together.
About Märchen Atelier
Heriberto is a talented 3D sculptor from Mexico and founder of Märchen Atelier 3D company. He managed the 3D sculting of several high level games and now he brings us these badass miniatures for our vehicles.
Anything marked with this icon:
is an exclusive item for Kickstarter backers, with remaining stock available at conventions or other promotion events only.
Stretch Goals or Social Goals marked with this icon:
will be exclusive for backers who acquired Four Horsemen expansion and limited only to the Kickstarter campaign.
Risks and challenges
The main risks in any project of this size are the delays, such as:
• Delays in the game design: in order to avoid delays in the game design, we have not started the Kickstarter campaign until the game rules, art, design, gameplay balance and testing have been finished. The core game is completely ready for manufacturing.
• Delays in the manufacture: these delays are not controlled by us, but rather by the factory where the game is to be manufactured. We are working hard to minimize delays by choosing a factory with large experience in boardgame manufacturing rather than a cheaper one. In order to further expedite the process, we have already sent all the graphic files to this factory, where they have been validated. The manufacturing process is ready to start as soon as the Kickstarter campaign ends.
• Delays in the shipping: as above, the delays in shipping do not depend on us. To minimize shipping delays, we have decided to work with highly-established freight and shipping companies.
Throughout the campaign and until the last shipment is made, we will continue working to our best in order to achieve the maximum satisfaction from all those who have placed their trust on us.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)