We believe in the saying that “there is a tool for every job,” but that there are definitely some tools that can do more than one. The STK and Rift, however, are unique in quite a few ways. Both are feature-packed, functionally-designed tools with Every Day Carry in mind. As collaboration projects with some of the industry’s foremost designers and makers such as Vehement Knives and TuffWriter Manufacturing, these two tools give unparalleled attention to both style and function. Also, everything is 100% designed, manufactured, and tested in the U.S.
-The STK (Sliding Tool and Knife)-
Design and Materials:
The STK’s frame is made from a solid 3/16 inch, 6AL4V titanium plate. The design incorporates a unique, integrated opening and locking mechanism. It allows you to safely open the tool and lock it into place until you are ready to close it by simply depressing the lock bar; then, two ceramic ball-detents keep it securely closed and allow smooth operation. The 3/16 inch thick blade is made of one of the highest grades of blade steel possible; S35VN is often referred to as “super steel” for its strength, toughness, sharpen-ability and edge-holding. As for the hardware, we went for broke and decided nothing but titanium would do! Months of prototyping testing, end-user feedback, and design iteration went into each STK feature before finalizing the complete design that you see now.
Open Overall Length: 4.5" open
Closed: 1.75" L x 1.6" W x 0.3" H
Blade: 1.7" L x 1.3 W x 0.1875" H
Weight: 2.9 oz
- Two Cutting Edges - Both edges are hand-ground and honed. One is for standard cutting and even has a wire stripper notch. The other is designed for scraping or push cuts. The sharp 90 corner also makes it great for slicing.
- Flathead/Pry Edge - The robust 45-degree pry edge doubles as a flathead screwdriver.
- Wingnut/O2 Wrench - The center channel is designed to turn either one.
- Bit Driver/Bottle Opener - Drive a standard 1/4" bit or open your beverage of choice.
- Pocket/Money Clip: The sturdy, titanium pocket clip secures the STK to just about anything, whether pockets, purses, MOLLE gear, or backpacks. It also functions as a money clip to hold your cash and cards.
- Wire Stripper
-The Rift Pocket Pry Tool-
Design and Materials
The Rift is reminiscent of the STK in shape and design, but was designed to be a full-titanium, travel-safe pry tool that you can use for both delicate and heavy tasks in place of a knife.
Overall: 3.5" L x 0.9" W x 0.1875" H
Weight: 0.9 oz
It has many of the same features as the STK, but includes two pry edges and an integrated pocket clip making it a minimalist addition to your load out. Just like its name implies, the Rift is designed to quickly open a wide variety of things.
For the Kickstarter period only, we are offering limited First Production Runs of each version of the STK and Rift for special, reduced pricing. After the campaign close, these will be available online and through dealers at MSRP. Limited colors, sizing, and finishes will be available to select from via survey upon Kickstarter campaign success. See the right side of the campaign window to select one or more!
- Support Us: Receive exclusive access to project updates and developments, as well as a free Kopis Designs sticker.
- Ti Lanyard Bead: Custom machined and anodized grooved bead
- T-Shirt: Wear Kopis with pride. Women's and Men's sizes available.
- Early Bird Rift or STK: A limited quantity of each of our two main pocket tools will be offered at an even greater discount for those who get 'em quick!
- Kickstarter Priced Rift or STK: Discounted below MSRP, get these during the campaign in either Satin or Blasted/Tumbled finishes.
- Kickstarter Priced Anodized or Apocalypse Anodized Rift
- Kickstarter Priced STK with Anodized Frame, Apocalypse Blade, or Both (Ultimate STK)
- Full Loadout or Ultimate Full Load Out: The names say it all! Get one of everything in plain or highly custom finishes.
Finishes and Anodizing:
Each of these processes - whether Apocalypse Wash or anodizing - is a multi-stage process that we complete individually and by-hand for your specific order - not by some mass-production facility. This adds to the custom look, feel, and of your tool. Inherent to this process is some variation, so you can still expect utmost quality, but the color or finish of each bead, Rift, or STK will be unique and may not look exactly like one from a photo. During the Kickstarter, we may expand the color offering, but for now expect the anodizing options to be Bronze, Blue, Purple, Pink, and "SUPRISE." The "SURPRISE" option is not for the picky or faint-of-heart and you can expect a custom, one-of-a-kind anodizing/finish unique to your tool and in our color/finish choice. You will be able to make your selection through a survey that will be sent to your email following the successful end of the campaign!
Production and Delivery
We have a detailed production schedule including all material, manufacturing, assembly, testing, and delivery milestones. We will be providing regular photo and video updates to everyone who contributes to the campaign!
ATTN: Active and Former Military and First Responders
Kopis Designs supports active and former military personnel (in good standing) and first responders and will offer special discounting on post-Kickstarter full-priced models. Kickstarter however, isn't set up to handle this discount, so when you receive your address survey, just let us know your affiliation and receive a little something extra as a thank you for your service!
Risks and challenges
We started this project as a collaboration between some of the best makers, designers, and suppliers in the business for a reason. Working with trusted and experienced industry professionals helps us avoid the typical pitfalls of creating a new product and starting a business. These hand-picked partners have also successfully funded and fulfilled multiple previous Kickstarter projects and delivered to countless customers.
Our suppliers are all US-based with gold-standard on-time-delivery, and safety stocks of needed components. We have worked very hard to build close business and personal relationships with each of them and communicate on a regular basis. All machining is done on calibrated, precision CNC machines and each feature is 100% Quality Assurance inspected. Each of our tools is backed by 100% warranty against any manufacturing defect.
We really hope to far exceed our project goal, so we proactively created detailed execution plans for all of our suppliers and in-house production. This will help ensure that we can handle any level of demand.
Thank you for your interest in the STK Project! We hope that you will enjoy owning and using these tools as much as we have enjoyed making them!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)