"The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination." -H.P. Lovecraft
By night we came, descending upon the old house like the vultures that we are. They say the manor is full of valuables and relics. They also say Lovecraft is mad, believing his writing to be more than mere fiction. Let's hope that isn't true... and why the front door was left unlocked.
All Manor of Evil takes players inside the mind and abode of HP Lovecraft. As players pilfer and steal ancient relics, unseen forces awaken and madness stirs. Beyond the larceny at hand, each player has an agenda of their own. Some want only to survive the night, while others wish to call forth an elder god eager to devour the players... or the world.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. " - H.P. Lovecraft
The LUNATIC pledge of All Manor of Evil includes upgraded awakening and madness tokens, as well as more relics, roles, and, yes, gods. More importantly, this pledge adds monster cards and arcane relics. Monsters are added to the Manor deck during setup and trigger game-altering effects when they are drawn. Arcane relics feature a silver border. Some role and relic cards reference these powerful objects, each of which is unique. Lastly, this pledge level includes additional components to allow for up to six players to play!
"I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness." - H. P. Lovecraft
The contents of Madness Stirs will be comprised of stretch goals unlocked throughout this campaign. Backers will receive this expansion for supporting this campaign. It will be available in limited quantities after the campaign at a cost directly from Kolossal. This expansion will contain more complex monsters, relics, roles, and other content not available in the retail version of the game.
"Wise men have interpreted dreams, and the gods have laughed." - H.P. Lovecraft
- All Manor of Evil is the 2nd Mikro campaign from Kolossal Games and the 9th overall campaign from Kolossal Games. While Kolossal is new to the industry, we hit the ground running, armed with the knowledge of industry best practices, experienced partners, and wonderful games. Our first game Western Legends is in the process of fulfillment. We believe in open and honest communication and will share all info as we receive it with our backers.
- The game is designed by Kolossal's own Travis R. Chance (Heroes Wanted, Path of Light and Shadow, Legendary: Buffy the Vampire Slayer) with haunting art from Mike Riiven (Omen: A Reign of War). Though a game in our Mikro line, it packs a punch with highly interactive play, as well as an interesting take on the very popular Lovecraft theme.
- Our team is led and supported by industry and marketing experts. We have a machine that works, fueled by amazing games that are designed, developed, and illustrated by incredibly talented people. The game is easy to learn while providing interesting, diverse, and tense game play each game, combining familiar mechanisms in a unique, new way.
- We are committed to begin fulfillment to backers of this game before it is made available in retail. Components and materials for the game are in the final stages of completion upon launch. All files will be uploaded to our manufacturing partner within one week of the campaign's ending. This ensures timely delivery to our backers.
- Kolossal does not sell to online discounters. Backers will receive all of our games at a lower cost and before the retail release of the game. Further, direct sales via the Kolossal website will only be to US customers.
- By backing at ANY pledge level through our campaign, you will receive, at no extra cost, the Madness Stirs expansion. This expansion will be comprised of stretch goals unlocked throughout the campaign and will only be available directly through Kolossal (at a cost) after the campaign in limited quantities. This expansion will only be overprinted by 500 units for the initial release of the game. We have many exciting and interactive goals planned for those who are backers of Kolossal's ninth official release!
Backers wanting more info about how to play the game may peruse our draft rule book link here. We also invite them to read a step-by-step description of the game below.
All Manor of Evil is played over a number of game rounds. Each Round has three phases.
- Select Actions
- Resolve Actions
- End of Round
Each player has 4 Action cards that they will choose to play one of each round. Each Action card has a Title, Initiative Order, Card Action, and Room Action.
Each player simultaneously selects one Action card from their hand and places it face down in their play area. When a player places their Action card face down they immediately return any face up Action cards to their hand. This return step will be skipped on the first round of play.
All Players simultaneously reveal their Action cards. Any players who selected the same Action card as at least one other player take a Madness token from the supply.
The player(s) that selected the Action card with the lowest initiative number resolves their Action card first. If more than one player chose the same Action card, players with the same initiative number will resolve their actions in clockwise order starting at the Lantern token. Players that chose the same action also receive one madness token.
When resolving an Action card, first resolve the Card Action and then the Room Action.
Room actions require the player to steal a relic from one of the rooms on the Manor Board. Players MUST steal a relic from one of the rooms listed on their Action card. Depending on the other players actions there may not available Relics to steal during the Room Action step and in this case the player does not steal a relic.
Once a Relic is stolen, place or remove Awakening tokens, gain or lose Madness tokens, and resolve any indicated Special effect on the card.
The Madness Value and Relic Value will be considered at the end of the game. Players will only know for certain the values on the top card of each player's Cache. The uncertainty of just who has the most madness adds to the tension of the game!
END OF ROUND
After all players have resolved their action cards, the round ends. Players check to see if any Elder Gods have 6 or more Awakening Tokens and if so the game ends. If not, the player with the Lantern Token passes it to the next player in clockwise order and the next round begins.
A game of All Manor of Evil will end in one of three possible ways.
- During set up, two Clock Cards will be added to the relic deck. When the second clock card is revealed, the game immediately ends.
- If one Elder God has 6 or more Awakening tokens at the end of a round.
- If more than one Elder God is Awakened at the end of a Game Round, then all players are devoured and nobody escapes the Manor.
DECLARING A WINNER
When the game ends each player will reveal their Role card and resolve all abilities.
If an Elder God was awakened, resolve any Awakened ability on the Elder God's card.
Assuming that the thieves have not destroyed the world by awakening several ancient cosmic gods, the remaining players will total their Madness and Relic Values.
Players will total their Madness tokens and the Madness Value of all cards in their Cache. The player with the most Madness has delved too deep into the dark and unknown and will never be the same. This player is eliminated.
The remaining players will then compare the total value of stolen relics to determine who among them was the most successful relic thief.
In addition to the standard game for 3 or more players, each copy of All Manor of Evil includes rules and components for a solo and 2 player variant. These Lovecraft rules can be found in the rule book.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $19 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter and share with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Kolossal Games on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real-time updates about this project, and find us on Instagram and BoardGameGeek for even more!
This campaign includes Customs-Friendly delivery to the US, Canada, the UK, and the EU. Customs-Friendly means, if you live in any of these regions and have any additional charges for receiving your package, simply email email@example.com a copy of your customs receipt and we will reimburse you via PayPal. Note: If your country is not in one of the above-mentioned regions, we cannot guarantee customs friendly shipping in these areas. (For example, Norway & Switzerland are not in the European Union.)
Be aware that all pledges confirmed after the pledge manager deadline may be shipped at a later date.
Due to the unpredictable customs practice in Brazil, we'll not cover any duty charges or other fees occurred. If the backer refuses to pay the charges or fees and the game is returned to us the backer will not be reimbursed for their order.
The table below gives you a general timeline of what to expect once the campaign ends. Please keep in mind these are just estimates, and the timeline may vary due to circumstances.
Risks and challenges
All Manor of Evil is our 2nd Kickstarter project on Kolossal Mikro, it is the 9th from Kolossal Games, and our team has years of experience with publishing games. We have an impeccable track record of successfully delivering previous Kickstarter projects to thousands of supporters in a timely fashion--if not sooner. Our commitment to building a strong, supportive community around Kolossal Games will enable us to also deliver this project on time and with the highest quality possible. That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. There are many steps in the process of manufacturing and fulfilling a game, many of which involve partnerships. Through careful and thorough planning, common mistakes can be avoided. However, possible delays can occur from circumstances beyond our immediate control. If such an issue is encountered, our team will adapt and no corners will be cut to course correct as needed. Our greatest obstacle is simply the funding capital to manufacture such an ambitious product of the highest quality capable. Your contribution makes this a reality!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (16 days)