This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
A Western tabletop adventure of legendary proportions for 2-6 players in 90 minutes or less.
A Western tabletop adventure of legendary proportions for 2-6 players in 90 minutes or less. Read more
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
Red Falls. Darkrock. Two towns on opposite ends of the mesa. Two towns in the middle of God's own nowhere. You step off of the train and feel yer boots hit the red dirt as you pound the dust from yer coat. You only have iron on yer hip and a few bucks to yer name. But that doesn't mean folks should go underestimatin' ya. The only question to answer now is how will you make them remember yer name?
Western Legends is an open-world sandbox tabletop adventure for 2-6 players set in the American Wild West designed by talented newcomer Hervé Lemaître. Players assume the roles of historical figures of the era, earning their legendary status in a variety of ways. Gamble, drive cattle, prospect for gold, rob the bank, fight bandits, pursue stories, become an outlaw, keep the peace... the possibilities are darn near endless. How will you build your legend?
With hand-sculpted miniatures from Pure Arts (Kemet, Inis), beautiful illustrations by Roland MacDonald (Stop Thief, Shogun 2), and graphic design by Brian Lee (Heroes Wanted, Team Play) Western Legends is bustin' at the seams with quality components.
This expansion features three new legends with their corresponding goal cards: starting Marshal Judge Roy Bean, starting outlaw Butch Cassidy, and Joaquin Murrieta. Additionally, The Good, the Bad, and the Handsome introduces 16 new story cards with a new condition, as well as 12 unique legendary items.
The Fistful of Extras currently includes:
- 4 NEW Characters (Belle Starr, Isom Dart, Allan Pinkerton, Buffalo Bill Cody)
- 16 NEW Character Goal Cards (4 for each new character)
- 12 NEW Story Cards
- 3 NEW Player Miniatures (Cowboy, Gentleman, and Wyatt Earp)
- 2 NEW Item Cards (Work Horse and Holster - 6 cards each)
- A cloth bag to hold your Legendary Tokens.
For more information on how to play Western Legends, we encourage you to watch our "How to Play" video below. You may also download and peruse our draft rulebook here.
Western Legends - Comment jouer
Western Legends is great, but don't take our word for it. Below are the opinions of many talented and reputable reviewers eager to share their thoughts and experience!
GAMBLER: (pledge $9 or more): Just looking to play some poker? This is the reward level for you! Backing at a higher level? This item will also be offered as an add-on in pledge manager. Please select this reward level to see shipping options.
LÉGENDES DE L'OUEST: (pledge $60 or more): Pour la version Francaise. We are offering a French translation of Western Legends (same as "Sheriff" level) only once we have 250 pledges at this level. Please select this reward level to see shipping options. If we fail to reach 250 French pledges, you'll be offered an English-language edition of the game or a refund.
SHERIFF: (pledge $60 or more): One copy of the Kickstarter Edition of Western Legends and all stretch goals. Please select this reward level to see shipping options.
LEGENDARY: (pledge $75 or more): One copy of the Kickstarter Edition of Western Legends plus the expansion. Includes: The Good, the Bad, and the Handsome expansion. Please select this reward level to see shipping options.
LÉGENDAIRE: (pledge $75 or more): Pour la version Francaise. We are offering a French translation of Western Legends (same as "LEGENDARY" level) only once we have 250 pledges at this level. Includes: The Good, the Bad, and the Handsome expansion. Please select this reward level to see shipping options. If we fail to reach 250 French pledges, you'll be offered an English-language edition of the game or a refund.
ALL-IN: (pledge $84 or more): One copy of the Kickstarter Edition of Western Legends plus the stretch goal expansion, the add-on expansion, and the poker deck. Please select this reward level to see shipping options.
TAPIS: (pledge $84 or more): Pour la version Francaise. We are offering a French translation of Western Legends (same as "ALL-IN" level) only once we have 250 pledges at this level. Includes: The Good, the Bad, and the Handsome expansion and the poker deck. Please select this reward level to see shipping options. If we fail to reach 250 French pledges, you'll be offered an English-language edition of the game or a refund.
RETAILERS: Please contact us directly for more information regarding Kolossal's retailer program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many exciting rewards lie just beyond the horizon. Namely, backers will unlock the Fistful of Extras expansion, which their pledges will not only help build, but they will be included with their pledge at the Sheriff and Legend levels. This expansion will not be in the initial retail release of the game like The Good, the Bad, and The Handsome.
By participating in our social goals, backers add their voice to the game while helping to create visibility--which means more backers and more rewards. Taking a few moments to comment, like images, and follow us on our social platforms goes a long way in making this project truly Kolossal!
- Western Legends kicks off the Kolossal Games catalog. As such, we are dedicated to taking the gaming world by storm with the design, development, and component quality of this launch title.
- Though Kolossal Games is new to the industry, our President - Travis R. Chance - is not. Travis was a founder of Action Phase Games. He is an expert at Kickstarter, funding every game he brought to the platform, including Heroes Wanted, Kodama, and Aeon's End. Our team has spent the last 8 months preparing for the launch of Western Legends in every way possible.
- The game has highly detailed hand-sculpted miniatures from Pure Arts, some of the last and best in their trade. These miniatures are dynamic, accurate to the time, and gorgeous on the table.
- The game is full of beautiful illustrations and layout from Roland MacDonald and Brian Lee.
- We are committed to fulfilling all Kickstarter pledges of Western Legends before the game is made available in retail.
- All components and materials for the game were completed upon launch. All files will be uploaded to our manufacturing partner within 1 week after the end of the campaign. This ensures timely delivery to our backers.
- By backing Western Legends through this campaign, you will receive - at no extra cost - the Fistful of Extras expansion. This expansion will include tons of unlocked Stretch Goal content not in the wide release of Western Legends. We have exciting goals planned for those who are early adopters of Kolossal's first release!
- Thousands of hours have gone into the design and development of this game to ensure a balanced and enjoyable experience. Through extensive global internal and open testing, Western Legends provides a rich gaming experience like no other game out there.
- The utmost thought and care were taken with regard to the theme and source material for the game. As with all of Kolossal's releases, we strive to show diversity and thoughtfully approach inclusion.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $70 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and share with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Kolossal Games on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real-time updates about this project and more!
Please click on your desired reward level to see shipping cost for your region. Every backer is important to us, regardless of location, but the reality is that shipping is very expensive and is a cost we all need to share. To offset this, while remaining fiscally responsible, we have included a small discount on ALL shipping, but no shipping is free.
The Western Legends campaign includes Customs-Friendly delivery to the US, Canada, the UK, the EU, Australia, and New Zealand. Customs-Friendly means if you live in any of these regions and have any additional charges for receiving your package, simply email email@example.com a copy of your customs receipt and we will reimburse you via PayPal.
Add-Ons for this project that are included in the reward tiers and/or will be handled AFTER the project within PledgeManager.
If you'd like to add additional copies, or other menu items, to your pledge beyond what is available in the reward tiers, you may do so within PledgeManager after the project.
Do not add to your KS pledge for add-ons, you will pay for them in PledgeManager after the project ends.
Risks and challenges
While Western Legends is the first Kickstarter project from Kolossal Games, our team has years of experience with publishing games. We have an impeccable track record of successfully delivering previous Kickstarter projects to thousands of supporters in a timely fashion--if not sooner. Our commitment to building a strong, supportive community around Kolossal Games will enable us to also deliver this project on time and with the highest quality possible.
That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. There are many steps in the process of manufacturing and fulfilling a game, many of which involve partnerships. Through careful and thorough planning, common mistakes can be avoided. However, possible delays can occur from circumstances beyond our immediate control. If such an issue is encountered, our team will adapt, and no corners will be cut to course correct as needed.
Our greatest obstacle is simply the funding capital to manufacture such an ambitious product of the highest quality capable. Your contribution makes this a reality!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter