You could be the greatest warlord the Isles have ever seen. Your thirst for power is matched only by your strategic wit and cunning. Go head to head to compete in a contest designed by the Gods themselves. Use their most powerful forces for your cause. When the carnage ends, only one will be victorious.
Introducing the highly praised, accessible, deeply replayable 2-player card game, Omen, designed by John Clowdus.
This campaign not only reissues A Reign of War and Edge of the Aegean in a new and richer format, it also introduces Tales of the Ancients and Fires in the East. Reign, Edge, and Fires are all standalone games, but can also be combined in numerous meaningful ways. Further, backers of the Soldier level or higher will also receive, at no cost, the Gifts of the Gods expansion that will include stretch goals unlocked during this campaign.
This Pledge Level is specifically for current Omen owners. This pledge will allow you to utilize all of the new content and reformatting in this release of The Omen Saga alongside your current copy of Omen.
Fires in the East is the newest addition to the Omen Saga, introducing new units, new rewards, and is the first voyage beyond Greece into the sands of what was Mesopotamia.
Units in this standalone expansion feature all new keywords and mechanisms. Akin to Soldiers, Warriors have deploy abilities, but they are situational. Merchants provide ongoing value, as well as the ability to BARTER them away for an additional Wealth action. Sphinxes are COLOSSAL units that have the highest offering and strength values but also are TREASURED, providing 1VP if in hand at end of the game. And lastly, Priestesses are SCORNED, providing effects if discarded or destroyed. They also seek to perform powerful rituals, becoming VP if successful.
Tales of the Ancients introduces 12 new Reward tiles (2 copies each) which capture the epic stories and feats of Greek mythology. These Rewards can be combined with any Omen Saga standalone game for myriad possibilities.
This small expansion also includes two sets of new feat cards. Similar to the feat cards found in A Reign of War, players may utilize these more general feat cards with any Omen Saga standalone game.
For the last seven years, gamers and reviewers the world over have praised Omen: A Reign of War as one of the best head-to-head games out there. Kolossal Games is proud to present this lauded game designed by John Clowdus with all new content, streamlined play, and a more robust production that enhances the epic experience of the game.
Omen: A Reign of War is the definitive core of the Omen saga. Reign is the largest Omen release of the saga, including additional rules such as feats.
Edge of the Aegean was the first standalone expansion for Omen. It features streamlined play, features new unit types, and new ways for players to be victorious.
Fires in the East is a brand-new standalone expansion akin to Edge of the Aegean. This is the first (of many) departures from the Greek theme of Reign, delving further into Persian and Babylonian mythology.
While not a standalone expansion, Tales of the Ancients offers players more Reward tiles and general feats that can be used with Edge and Fires to create an experience more akin to Reign. To get this expansion, either select the "All-In" pledge level or add $10 to your pledge.
This expansion features a combination of previously released content with all new art and layout, as well as brand new units, rewards, and other content to create the most epic experience imaginable.
In addition to the above products, we also are offering custom sleeves and metal coins. Simply add $15 to your pledge for the metal coins and/or $4 per pack of 50 sleeves you would like. You will finalize your selections and shipping after the campaign in the pledge manager.
While Omen remains the same incredible game it was from its inception seven years ago, Kolossal has worked with designer John Clowdus to improve and revise the following elements of the game and its components.
- Reward cards are now tiles that sit in your play area, not in hand. As such, the hand has been reduced to five cards from seven.
- Reward tiles now sit on a game board with beautiful panoramic art.
- Keywords and terminology in the game have been updated in a number of ways to simplify gameplay. For example, cards that count as two units are no longer just beasts, but rather have the keyword COLOSSAL.
- A new universal card back, as well as general unit design, has been implemented for all Omen games moving forward.
- War-torn tokens are included as a reminder to check a city's status each turn.
- Units like Keres in Edge of the Aegean now have complimentary VP tokens for scoring clarity at the end of the game.
- A saga watermark has been added to help differentiate each game.
- New rules for how to combine each game in the saga have been implemented for myriad ways to play.
- Boxes for each game will accommodate sleeved cards for each release, as well as other new components. However, all content will not fit into a single box.
- The Omen saga is the fourth campaign from Kolossal Games. While Kolossal is new to the industry, we hit the ground running, armed with the knowledge of industry best practices, experienced partners, and wonderful games. We're on track to deliver our first three games, Western Legends, Kami-sama and Imperius, in record time. Omen will be no exception.
- Our team is led and supported by industry and marketing experts. We have a machine that works, fueled by amazing games that are designed, developed, and illustrated by incredibly talented people. The game is easy to learn while providing interesting, diverse, and tense gameplay each game, combining familiar mechanisms in a unique, new way.
- Designer John Clowdus, a ten year veteran of dozens of successful games, has worked side-by-side with our team to ensure Omen is at the highest level of quality and testing.
Omen has 7 years of precedent upon which to draw. Top reviewers and fans have all lauded the game.
- The game is beautifully illustrated by Riivian, John Ariosa, Justin Hernandez, Sandros Rybak, Daryl Toh, Manthos Lappas, Aditya Ikranegara, and Liem Zhan.
- We are committed to begin fulfillment to backers of Omen before the game is made available in retail. Components and materials for the game are in the final stages of completion upon launch. All files will be uploaded to our manufacturing partner within one week of the campaign's ending. This ensures timely delivery to our backers.
- By backing Omen through this campaign, you will receive - at no extra cost Gifts of the Gods. This expansion will include unlocked stretch goal content not available in the initial retail release of Omen. We have many exciting and interactive goals planned for those who are backers of Kolossal's fourth official release!
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $50 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter and share with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Kolossal Games on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real-time updates about this project, and find us on Instagram and BoardGameGeek for even more!
Expansion add-ons for this project are included in the reward tiers and will be available after the project within the pledge manager. If you'd like to add additional copies to your pledge beyond what is available in the reward tiers, you may do so within the pledge manager after the project.
We’ll be using CrowdOx for post-campaign pledge management. What is CrowdOx? CrowdOx gives you the opportunity to verify your reward, make your selections (i.e. choose a color, size, etc) as well as verify and validate your shipping address.
Please click on your desired reward level to see the shipping cost for your region. Every backer is important to us, regardless of location, but the reality is that shipping is very expensive and is a cost we all need to share. To offset this, while remaining fiscally responsible, we have included a small discount on ALL shipping, but no shipping is free.
The Omen campaign includes Customs-Friendly delivery to the US, Canada, the UK, the EU, Australia, and New Zealand. Customs-Friendly means, if you live in any of these regions and have any additional charges for receiving your package, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your customs receipt and we will reimburse you via PayPal.
Risks and challenges
While Omen is only the fourth Kickstarter project from Kolossal Games, our team has years of experience with publishing games. We have an impeccable track record of successfully delivering previous Kickstarter projects to thousands of supporters in a timely fashion--if not sooner. Our commitment to building a strong, supportive community around Kolossal Games will enable us to also deliver this project on time and with the highest quality possible.
That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. There are many steps in the process of manufacturing and fulfilling a game, many of which involve partnerships. Through careful and thorough planning, common mistakes can be avoided. However, possible delays can occur from circumstances beyond our immediate control. If such an issue is encountered, our team will adapt and no corners will be cut to course correct as needed.
Our greatest obstacle is simply the funding capital to manufacture such an ambitious product of the highest quality capable. Your contribution makes this a reality!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)