An ancient conflict is arising from the burning sands of Egypt. The heirs of Anubis and Horus gather followers and initiates for the war to come. Which side will prevail and gain dominion over the other: light or darkness?
Omen: Heir to the Dunes is the latest chapter in the Omen Saga . This standalone expansion is the single largest expansion since Omen: A Reign of War. It not only includes all new unit cards and reward tiles compatible with all games in the Saga, but also introduces factions and an all-new path to victory in the form of structures.
Already a complete gaming experience on it's own, Omen: Heir to the Dunes can be combined with any other games in the Omen Saga for a new and unique way to play! It also includes a solo variant!
In addition to the pledge levels offered in this Kickstarter Campaign, all Omen Saga games are currently available at a retail store near you and directly from Kolossal Games!
We also have great news for those of you that may be unable to acquire these games through other means. The All In Omen Saga Pledge offers a complete experience and a subsidized price!
Each title in The Omen Saga will also be available through the pledge manager, individually at retail price after this Kickstarter concludes. By becoming a backer you will be able to add these, or any other Kolossal Games' titles to your pledge.
All games added through a pledge or late pledge will ship with Omen: Heir to the Dunes during backer fulfillment. Please see the shipping timeline below for these estimated delivery dates.
- Omen: Heir to the Dunes is the fourteenth Kickstarter from Kolossal Games. We continue to be dedicated to the highest level of design, development, and component quality for all of our titles.
- Kolossal Games has a proven track record of successfully funding campaigns and we continue to deliver backer pledges! Our President - Travis R. Chance was a founder of Action Phase Games. He is an expert at Kickstarter, funding every game he brought to the platform, including Western Legends, The Omen Saga, Mezo, and Aeon's End. Our team has continued this record by successfully funding 9 games in 2018 and 4 already this year!
- This game is full of beautiful illustrations by Michael "Riven" Ng who has contributed artwork to many of the original Omen Saga games and continues the cohesive style with Heir to the Dunes.
- We are committed to fulfilling all Kickstarter pledges before they are available at retail. Our backers will also enjoy the lowest possible price for this game, guaranteed.
- By backing Omen: Heir to the Dunes through this campaign, you will receive - at no extra cost - the Champions of the Nile expansion. This Limited Quantity expansion will include tons of unlocked Stretch Goal content not in the wide release of Heir to the Dunes. We have exciting goals planned for those who want to get in on early copies of this game!
- Countless hours have gone into the design and development of this game to ensure a balanced and enjoyable experience. John Clowdus, the designer of Omen, has developed new mechanics for Omen: Heir to the Dunes that expand upon the base experience and offer fans of the series a new experience while still making this game an exciting stand-alone game!
- The utmost thought and care were taken with regard to the theme and source material for the game. As with all of Kolossal's releases, we strive to make games that are enjoyable, approachable, and non-exclusionary.
Rather than offer exclusives as stretch goals, Kolossal rewards our backers' support with limited edition content. Learn more about our Limited Quantities Policy here.
Every backer is important to us, regardless of location, but the reality is that shipping is very expensive and is a cost we all need to share. To offset this, while remaining fiscally responsible, we have included a small discount on ALL shipping, but no shipping is free.
This campaign includes Customs-Friendly delivery to the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, the European Union, Australia, and New Zealand. Customs-Friendly means, if you live in any of these regions and have any additional charges for receiving your package, simply fill our a customer support ticket at: http://support.kolossalgames.com/open.php, and we will work with you to reimburse these charges via PayPal.
Shipping for the reward levels is detailed in the above charts, however any additional games or add-ons included in your final order may alter these costs, due to weight based shipping.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $60 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Risks and challenges
Omen: Heir to the Dunes is the 14th Kickstarter from Kolossal Games, and the 7th product in the Omen Saga of games by John Clowdus.
Our team is made up of industry experienced people and has years of experience with developing and publishing games. We have an impeccable track record of successfully delivering previous Kickstarter projects to thousands of supporters. Our commitment to building a strong, supportive community around Kolossal Games will enable us to also deliver this project on time and with the highest quality possible.
That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. There are many steps in the process of manufacturing and fulfilling a game, many of which involve partnerships. Through careful and thorough planning, common mistakes can be avoided. However, possible delays can occur from circumstances beyond our immediate control. If such an issue is encountered, our team will adapt and no corners will be cut to course correct as needed. Our greatest obstacle is simply the funding capital to manufacture such an ambitious product of the highest quality capable. Your contribution makes this a reality!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (14 days)