***PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL LIMITED REWARDS THAT INCLUDE A HARD COPY OF KNIGHT IN THE SNAKE PIT #1 WILL BE THE FIRST PRINTING.***
In Knight in the Snake Pit, we follow a character Allister Ward who is stuck in two worlds, jumping back and forth at random. One world is 19040's Los Angeles, where he's a patient at a mental hospital and the other world is a medieval fantasy world, where he's being begged by a king to save his daughter and his kingdom from an impending invasion that could happen at any moment.
Allister must determine if he's really suffering from delusions or if everything in both worlds is real. If that's the case, he needs to worry about how to not get killed by his "delusions."
Issue 1 has Allister fearing for his life in the mental hospital, as he's one false move away from a lobotomy. Issue 2 has Allister fighting for his life and freedom in a Gladiator pit. Both issues have a combined 48 pages (without inserts and variant art).
Issue 1 and 2 for this story have already been completed and we are looking for our audience. Issue 1 has already had a limited first print run and this is for issue 2. With the contributions, it could either be 200 or 2,000. If you're looking for a story that has a lot of story crammed into two issues, this is for you. This is truly a go for broke venture. After issue 1 was created, I truly felt that the essence of what the story could be was conveyed. These two issues pave the way for an ongoing story and future issues. Unfortunately, we need to find our audience who is into a genre mashup, such as this one.
Reviews for Knight In The Snake Pit Issue 1:
1. World Comic Book Review: “This is a creepy, poignant story, filled with chilling ambiguities about reality. Both the subject matter and some of the style is reminiscent of American director Martin Scorsese’s motion picture “Shutter Island” (2010). Mr Chilcoat’s high degree of craftsmanship in creating this tale is self-evident.”
2. Fanbase Press: “The visuals in this comic are stunning”
3. Drunken Pen Writing: “Creative, attention grabbing and cool as hell!”
4. Pipedream Comics: “creator Kevin Chilcoat has produced a story that is equally unnerving and creepy. “
5. Indie Comix: “…leaves you wanting more!”
6. Comic Book and Movie Reviews Interview: http://www.comicbookandmoviereviews.com/2017/05/run-for-your-lives-as-knight-is-in.html
LIMITED $40 ORIGINAL SKETCH PLEDGE
Here's an example of the original sketch you can get from artist Marc Olivent! There's only 10 available!
New Reward Add-On!!
Run For Your Lives #1 - Illustrated by Kyle Strahm - In a zombie apocalypse, long after the majority of the world’s population gets wiped out and rule no longer exists, a group of survivors in the wastelands come across a Stronghold run by a private corporation where new admittances are required to prove their worth by making their way from a Start to Finish Line alive on an enclosed zombie infested course.
This book plays out more like a one-shot and there is a script for a series, but it never came to fruition. This was the Official Comic book to the very first Zombie Run 5k with the same name and these were sold at the actual events back in 2013.
Credit: Kickstarter Video Music by: http://www.bensound.com
Risks and challenges
There are no risks and challenges to this project because the book has already been illustrated, colored, lettered and put together. All that needs to be done at this point is the printing.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)