DigsFact - History for Homes, Just Like Carfax is for Cars
DigsFact aims at providing valuable insights related to property condition and historical information.
For most people, their house will be the biggest or most expensive purchase of their lives and from my own personal experience, there is a lot of information about residential properties that are not easily available to folks who are in the market for buying or selling houses. In today's age, when most of the initial stage house search happens online, so you can narrow down the list of houses you would like to see in person, information like the age of the roof, the HVAC unit(s) in the house or when was the kitchen or bathroom last renovated/remodeled, etc. can prove very helpful and aid home buyers with selecting the right home for them. Just like before you buy a used car, you go to carfax.com to know the history of that car and the potential impact on its price, there is a need for information on the history of a house, specifically, things that may have an impact on the price of a house.
DigsFact was founded to help people who are part of the process of buying, selling or investing in real estate, such as home buyers, home sellers, real estate agents, home inspection companies, lenders & appraisers and insurance companies.
- Home buyers: Through DigsFact, home buyers now have access to most of the work done in residential properties, which could impact their home buying decision.
- Home sellers: This is also beneficial for the home sellers as the home buyers will now be more informed about the investments that the home owners have made to renovate/remodel/fix the whole house or portions of the house.
- Real estate agents: As realtors are in the middle of the action during the sale of any house, DigsFact is very useful for realtors to be able to provide additional data points about any house to the potential buyers. Realtors can also advise home sellers on the right listing price, based on the additional investments that the home seller may have made in any renovations, upgrades or additions to the house.
- Home inspection companies: DigsFact offers valuable insights to Home Inspectors about property condition.
- Lenders & appraisers: Through DigsFact, lenders & appraisers now have access to data points that will help them assess the value of a property with improved accuracy, as they can easily see what investments were made by the home owner, when were those investments made, the estimated value for those investments, etc.
- Insurance companies: Insurance companies can leverage information regarding condition and history of properties via DigsFact, which allows them to reduce their risk and improve their bottom line.
DigsFact will be launched in 15 major cities across United States by mid August 2018, and will be completely FREE for all users. The funds collected here will be used to launch DigsFact nationwide across these 15 cities listed below AND more importantly, to further expand it in other remaining cities across United States:
- New York
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- Washington DC
- Las Vegas
I am VERY grateful to everyone who took the time to read through this, and for all your help and support that will ensure that millions of home buyers AND sellers can take advantage of DigsFact in the future. Your contribution will help millions of home buyers make a more informed decision - one of their life's biggest decisions.
Thank you once again and I sincerely appreciate the help and support from each and every single one of you.
Risks and challenges
At this point in time, there are no foreseeable risks to the project.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)