If you missed out on being part of the project and would like to get your hands on a Ti-Ballpoint Pen + Stylus, they will be available on our website (www.bigidesign.com) after we finish mailing out all the rewards to our awesome backers. Thanks!
A very ballpoint-friendly titanium pen
Ever since our Solid Titanium Pen + Stylus project, we've had a lot of requests to make a cap-style pen to accept ballpoint refills, mainly the world famous space pen refill.
Well...we are glad to announce that our newest pen accepts over 35 ballpoint refills, including the world-famous Fisher Space Pen® refill. If you prefer a needle point or fine tip refill, you're also in luck. With so many choices out there, you're sure to find the perfect refill for your writing style.
The minimal style of the pen remains the same as our original pen, yet this new pen opens up a whole new world of ballpoint options.
What refills fit inside? A lot. (See the list below)
We love making pens that play well with others. This is super important to extend the life of a pen. If a refill manufacture goes out of business in the future, you still have a huge selection of solid refills to use. All without the need for any modifications or hacks. Just pop a new one in and you're good to go.
- Diplomat EasyFLOW Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Faber-Castell Ballpoint Pen Refill (Medium)
- Faber-Castell Scribero Gel Ink Roller Refill
- 15 - Fisher Space Pen PR Series Refills, w/included adapter (Bold, Med, Fine) **The PR4 (Black "Med") refill is included with your rewards**
- Foray (Office Depot) Ballpoint Refill for Parker (Medium)
- Kaweco Soul G2 Refill 1.0mm
- Kaweco Sport Roller Ball Pen Refill (This is a smooth Rollerball gel ink)
- Moleskine Ballpoint Refill
- Moleskine Gel Refill (0.5 and 0.7 mm)
- Moleskine Roller Gel Fluorescent Refills
- Monteverde Needle Point Refill (Fine)
- Monteverde Soft Roll P13 - Colored inks
- Monteverde Soft Roll P15- (Superbroad, Medium, Ultrafine)
- OHTO P-80-05NP Needlepoint Ballpoint Pen Refill 0.5mm
- OHTO P-80-07NP Needlepoint Ballpoint Pen Refill 0.7mm
(writing width is 0.35mm)
- OHTO PS-205NP Extra-Fine Ballpoint Pen Refill 0.5mm
(writing width is 0.35mm)
- OHTO PS-207NP Extra-Fine Ballpoint Pen Refill 0.7mm
- Parafernalia Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Parker Ballpoint Pen Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine)
- Parker GEL Ballpoint Pen Refill (Medium)
- Parker Quinkflow Ballpoint Pen Refill (Medium, Fine)
- Pelikan Giant Ballpoint Pen Refill 337 (Broad, Fine, Medium)
- Pentel KFLT8 Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Platignum Standard Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Schmidt 9000M EasyFlow Pen Refill
- Schmidt P8900 Super Bowl Refill (Fine)
- Schmidt P900 B Ballpoint Pen Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine)
- Schmidt P950M Megaline Pressurized Ballpoint Pen Refill (Medium)
- Schneider Express 735 Pen Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine)
- Schneider Slider 755 Pen Refill (Extra-Broad, Medium)
- Sheaffer Ballpoint Refill II (Medium)
- Tombow BR-ZLM Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Visconti Ballpoint Pen Refill AA49 1.4 (Broad)
- Visconti Gel Refill AA38 (Broad, Medium, Fine)
Removable Stylus Tip
The screw-on stylus tip works great on your touchscreen devices.
•Raw Machined Titanium
•Bead-Blasted Matte Black
Metal Pen Parts: Commercially Pure TA2 Titanium
Internal Tension Spring: Stainless Steel
Stylus Tip: Conductive Silicone
•Empty Weight - 1.15 oz (32.6 grams)
•Length when closed - 4.72 in (12 cm)
•Length when cap is posted - 5.90 in (15 cm)
The same length as the Ti-Post Raw Pen + Stylus when posted.
•Diameter - 0.43 in (1.1 cm)
The same diameter as our other titanium capped pens.
Every pen rewards comes with everything shown below.
Manufacturing, Production, & Fulfillment Plan
Making unique products from scratch is something we are very comfortable with doing. All the pens shown are actual working prototypes. We have been working for many months to ensure everything is lined up to get started once we have the necessary funding in place. We enjoy sharing exclusive info, images, and news about the projects to keep everyone involved in the production process and share what it takes to make the pens from scratch. Every pen and part is made using high-precision CNC machines just like our past pen projects.
Everything is now ready to get started once the project funding period ends.
Estimated Production Timeline
• Order materials & Start CNC Production of the pens - End of August thru September
• QC of the pens - Early-Mid October
• Sort, Label, Pack, and Ship out all the rewards - Early-Mid November
Tracking numbers will also be emailed out to everyone after the pens ship out.
Why do we need your help?
We've spent many months working on getting the current prototypes to this stage. When you back the project, you will help us meet the minimum order quantities to purchase these materials in bulk. These bulk discounts are how we will be able to make these high quality titanium pens for such an amazing price for every backer.
We've been an active part of this community since 2011 and have made many friends here. We are profoundly thankful for each and everyone who has supported our past projects. If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message. Thanks!
-Chadwick & Joe
Disclaimer: All brands, logos, and registered trademarks displayed and/or mentioned are used for informational purposes only and are sole property of each respected company and owner. No endorsement, partnership, or ownership implied.
Nice things people are saying about our pens:
Coolmaterial.com - "We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again–the guys at BIGiDESIGN know pens. They’re better at launching, and delivering, Kickstarter pens than anyone else..."
CBS Chicago - "Even in the digital age, a fine writing instrument still makes a statement."
Risks and challenges
We've made lots of pens and are very comfortable with knowing what it takes to successfully complete a kickstarter project. Our biggest challenge would be meeting our shipping delivery dates if the project is extremely over funded. Taking a product from a prototype into mass production will always surface new challenges that have to be addressed. It takes time and patience to make the right call and can even lead to minor changes and tweaks in the appearance than what the prototypes currently show above. We have years of experience with large scale manufacturing and have established solid relationships with our manufacturing partners to minimize our risks and to help deliver the best rewards possible for backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)