Setting of the Production Dominos
As taken from our blog.....
Thank you to everyone who helped make this project a success and for all of your positive comments and words of encouragement. We really would not be doing this if it weren’t for your support.
Since the project ended we’ve been busy getting all our scores settled. Of course monkey wrenches pop in when you least expect it- though I feel like that’s the spice of life.
We’ve had to delay our bulk production due to mishaps in shipment from one vendor, expired materials from another vendor, delay in communication from another different vendor, etc, etc. The list goes on.
The only part of production that went perfectly was printing for our new packaging. We used Ander’s Printing, a local company in Portland. They did an excellent job with everything- from communication to execution.
The good news is that we got enough supplies together to start production ourselves. We’ve been handmaking the kitties for the past 2.5 years, so we figured, why not.
This ended up being a blessing in disguise- a couple colors that worked out in small test batches ended up not so pretty when scaled up. We got those tweaked and started pumping kitties out. Ben is in charge of this department and with all our new professional materials, he was able to make almost 500 kitties just this past week!
On a personal note, we’ve been adjusting to the winter here in Portland. It’s SO COLD! Mikah caught the sniffles, though his spirits are up. We also got word that Ben’s mother passed away. She had spent many many years suffering from a debilitating mental illness as well as from other physical ailments, so this news came mostly as a relief that at least now she can have peace.